Nice one sista.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Dreams of Gold

Cute design girl!

gliberatore1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gliberatore1
Re: No duh, Shakespeare

It's a shame this shirt isn't doing better. I would definitely buy at least one (Wikipedia articles notwithstanding).

officeink

fishbiscuit5 wrote:As an English teacher, I really enjoy reading The Outsiders with my students, but every time we read the line "Stay gold, Ponyboy" I can't help but giggle and think of My Little Pony. This idea has been sitting in my brain for months. I think a touch of gold ink would be perfect! Vote if you love The Outsiders! Vote if you love ponies! Let's do it for Johnny!

lol,I had forgotten about that in the Outsiders. Clever idea for the design!

officeink

Re: Dead Pirate's Gold

Cool design!

g33kymonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g33kymonkey
Re: Fairy Treasure

I like this a lot better than others in the fog.

palitosci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palitosci
Re: STARtling similitaries

Thanks jaaayzhu!!

I hope that staff shirt.woot! would like it too!!

;)

Rakalaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rakalaz
Re: Pyrite Pirate

I love this shirt! It reminds me of panning for gold near a cave when I was little. Sadly I experienced the same frustration, hah! The only thing that is bothering me is the cloud line. Was it meant to be cut off like that?

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Rakalaz wrote:I love this shirt! It reminds me of panning for gold near a cave when I was little. Sadly I experienced the same frustration, hah! The only thing that is bothering me is the cloud line. Was it meant to be cut off like that?

I would say that is the horizon. From top to bottom in the background you've got sky, sea, beach.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
freshmutton wrote:This is your best design yet! It's simple and immediately recognizable, not an obvious take on the theme, and could be worn by anyone. Good work!

Thank you very much!!

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens
lilsquiggle wrote:... I dont even... why would anyone wear this? I can only assume the artist knows precisely what a golden shower is and I am very confused that anyone would feel that this is what they want to say about themselves to the world on a tshirt.

Have you ever been to http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/ ?

There is no end to the indignities people will intentionally inflict upon themselves, and others.

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke
molslagel wrote:I think it would be better without the word "follow" under the picture. It works well without the "follow".

I agree. Additionally, I wish it didn't look boxy and the edges blended. LOVE the concept though.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: An Inevitable Fate

I liked this one the first time, too! Very creative concept. I don't think there have been too many LOTR woot shirts recently...I can't even recall the last one they printed.

One thing, though: I don't want to be "that guy (gal)" here, but is the gold ink half-toned in the background? I don't think they can print it like that. It would be easy for you to fix it anyway if it were an issue.

drewerd15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewerd15

Wow! I would love to see one of these get made. It's mathematical!

forshameii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forshameii

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
Re: Make Your Own Luck

I love this, and would buy it in a heartbeat if it prints!

aethera21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aethera21
gameon wrote:I love this shirt! This show never fails to make me laugh and feel better when I am having a bad day.

Lord I hope this prints - I'd buy at least 3!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
Re: Everything is Golden

Now THIS is a Golden Ratio shirt I can get behind. GMV

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Golden Shower

This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it? Every week I have to sift through endless mario and star wars themed shirts with every man and his monkey clamouring to be the first to offer congratulations to the artist that gets the most "original" take on a video game or tv show. And yet when someone actually does come up with a design that shows a little bit of originality without having to rely on a crutch of someone else's devising, all anyone does is tour guide and moan about it. If you don't want to wear it, don't vote for it. Don't cast dispersions on a person's character just because they enjoy a sense of humour that is different to you.
Where's the encouragement? Where's the love?

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
plainyoghurt wrote:This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it?

*your

Also, people are bagging it because it's not funny and in pretty poor taste. It's just a photo with some pee added. It's rejection city.

- No photos
- No potty humor

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: You Won

I would like this better without the text on the Snitch especially because the quotes on the Snitch don't really add anything and don't make much sense together.

HeartlineTwist

Re: The Geek Awards

Might get busted for the lightsaber...

HeartlineTwist

Re: Golden Rule

This is not what I was expecting at all from the thumbnail. I would almost daresay this may be getting more love if the reference was visible.

chakei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chakei
chakei wrote:I dunno. There are already a ton of Au themed designs up and it's sort of a siesta theme anyway. Too literal.

Well okay since my original comment was censored, I'll elaborate. I find the Au interpretation of this week's theme very literal and uninspired. I find the illustration given quite one dimensional and not reflective of what the spirit of the Woot intention of using the metallic gold. The theme itself is not gold, it is asking to use the metallic gold in the shirt in a creative way.

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Celtic Wolf

very nice. simple clean sharp.

lonelypond

Re: Gato Dorado

fun. like the style.

lonelypond

KezzlerM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KezzlerM

Need this as a poster print.

lonelypond

Re: Lightning Dragon

like the color scheme

lonelypond

Re: Fly Me To The Moon

ha! serenity + jet pack. interesting combination.

lonelypond

Re: Gold Tooth

cute

lonelypond

Re: Captain Whiskers

awww...plus, looks good on the olive.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
lilsquiggle wrote:I would say that is the horizon. From top to bottom in the background you've got sky, sea, beach.

Yeah that was the idea. I tried to come up with something better to show the differentiation between sea and sky... but without using excessive halftones I couldn't come up with a way. I settled on clouds creating a horizon line... I hope it is not TOO bothersome. Thanks for stopping by

vshonen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vshonen
Re: Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose

This MUST happen.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave

thanks!
this one was little bro's vision!

krisrobinson wrote:Nice one sista.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: You Won

HeartlineTwist wrote:I would like this better without the text on the Snitch especially because the quotes on the Snitch don't really add anything and don't make much sense together.

Thanks for the feedback. I used the text in that way to reinforce the idea that the snitch is the lucky ticket.

valasia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valasia
Re: Celtic Wolf

This is not a criticism, just feedback, I really love this shirt, but I think it look more like a horse head to me than a wolf head.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
ochopika wrote:I liked this one the first time, too! Very creative concept. I don't think there have been too many LOTR woot shirts recently...I can't even recall the last one they printed.

One thing, though: I don't want to be "that guy (gal)" here, but is the gold ink half-toned in the background? I don't think they can print it like that. It would be easy for you to fix it anyway if it were an issue.

Thanks Omar and Ochopika!! Don't worry Ochopika, the halftones in the background are with the lighter yellow ;)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
chakei wrote:The theme itself is not gold, it is asking to use the metallic gold in the shirt in a creative way.

well, actually the theme is gold. See the derby title? It says "gold", as opposed to "gold ink used creatively". Au submissions are more on-theme than other splashy designs.
Still, as usual, the theme is largely ignored both by artists and the rejectionator.

move along

andivaclavicek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andivaclavicek
Re: Golden Moment

Love it! But where's Brock?