kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: The Goldest of Finches

it's such a beautifull detailled work, i just don't get why it isn't upper!!!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
HeartlineTwist wrote:The goose that laid the golden egg is technically a different joke than which came first: the chicken or the egg.

That said, similar shirts exist and appropriateness make for an apt rejection.

Yeah, you're right about the joke but the title of the entry is "What came first?"

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
HeartlineTwist wrote:I would almost daresay this may be getting more love if the reference was visible.

At risk of sounding like I never surf the internet, watch TV, or read books...

What reference? I'm completely confused.

runnerfrog13

Re: Golden Spiral Seahorse (V2 on Blue)

Oh yeah, this does look great on blue!

runnerfrog13

arinesart wrote:LOL Nice discussion you have here. It's -obviously- a Zelda spoof.

Just wanted to do the thing, but without any copyright infringement, so I tought that a sport parody design would do the trick.

As far as parodys go, this is definitely so well done, because of the fact that we even HAD to have a discussion about whether or not it was a parody. ;) Hold onto this one and try it at Threadless when it's lockout is up

vetmed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vetmed

Hey SD,

Love the baby dragon and the collaboration idea- any way to do both? TOO CUTE!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: The Golden Planet

Little late entering but I was waiting on someone else to enter a saturn shirt... No one did so I figured.. why not!?

Check out them rings!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: The Golden Planet

oh... yeah... Don't ride on that black surfboard-looking thing... It's quite a trip...

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber

Full Text

Medal: Today, I'm going to win. I'm going to be better than I've ever been, so I can smoke the competition. And I'm willing to work as hard as it takes. I'm willing to fight for it, to sweat for it, to struggle for it. That'll make my victory even sweeter. So watch out. Because today, I'm going for gold.

Ribbon Left: I'm all about hard work and determination. I don't give up in the face of adversity, and I never back down from a challenge. No, I'm a fighter, always was and always will be.

Ribbon Right: I want to win, but winning isn't everything. I don't see it as a validation of my effort. I carry that inside my heart, not in some medal. But gold is definitely a nice bonus.

Clasp: Countdown. Breathe, breathe. Okay. It's crunch time. Time to show you what I've. Time to give it my best and put it all on the line. See you on the field. Hope you brought a helmet.

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber
Re: Going for Gold

Full Text

Medal: Today, I'm going to win. I'm going to be better than I've ever been, so I can smoke the competition. And I'm willing to work as hard as it takes. I'm willing to fight for it, to sweat for it, to struggle for it. That'll make my victory even sweeter. So watch out. Because today, I'm going for gold.

Ribbon Left: I'm all about hard work and determination. I don't give up in the face of adversity, and I never back down from a challenge. No, I'm a fighter, always was and always will be.

Ribbon Right: I want to win, but winning isn't everything. I don't see it as a validation of my effort. I carry that inside my heart, not in some medal. But gold is definitely a nice bonus.

Clasp: Countdown. Breathe, breathe. Okay. It's crunch time. Time to show you what I've. Time to give it my best and put it all on the line. See you on the field. Hope you brought a helmet.

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: King Midas 2047 v2

Brillant ! (au propre comme au figuré...)

To me, there is a Ulysses 31 vibe in it, and that nostalgic feeling makes this design even better

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
craigglenfoster wrote:Thanks man! At least someone has a sense of humor around here! Lets be real I knew it would be rejected but I didn't realize that that so many squares would start an uprising! It sounds like THEY have their mind in the gutter...It is LITERALLY a shower of GOLD...thats what is funny about it. Pee? Thats just disgusting! Get your mind out of the gutter people.

Perhaps you are unaware of the term golden shower in the "gutter world". Unfortunately, for anyone who knows what it means, that is instantly what they will assume it means. I showed this to quite a lot of friends in my confusion as to the idea behind the design and every single one of them read it in the same way as I did. Perhaps you should try testing the waters with people before you submit in the future? Just because you view something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone will think of it in the same way. Unfortunately for you on this occasion, everyone else saw this in a different way to the one you had intended.

eanutpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eanutpa

What a great message even if you dont do a sport

Arson777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arson777

I WANT THIS!!

Re: Golden Moment

Arson777

Re: Going for Gold

isnt this a full txt entry?

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
runnerfrog13 wrote:At risk of sounding like I never surf the internet, watch TV, or read books...

What reference? I'm completely confused.

It's a Bioshock shirt. Nothing in the thumbnail or title led me to believe that originally...

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s
acrylix91 wrote:I like my design quite a bit really, but I don't understand how to use halftones properly, I guess.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4532808

Also, there may be other issues than just half-tones. I'm not entirely sure, but something feels "off" (like the fact that the template box is still there).

Arson777

sirchuckswiss wrote:I'd really want this if it didn't have the cat on it. I love cats and all, but I just don't feel like it meshes with the shirt.

agreed...but i LOVE the rest of it! Keep it up poster!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
Re: Clash of the Golden Horns

I love this shirt! Very inane.

draco18s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draco18s
Re: Everything is Golden

This is way better than the other golden ratio shirt. It has a design, as well as being mathy and clever. The square just doesn't work on the other shirt IMO.

Arson777

Arson777 wrote:isnt this a full txt entry?

Not that i dont like it

Arson777

Re: Everything is Golden

This is AMAZING! I would like to have this on a black shirt tho. Really good job!

Arson777

Re: Mystery Solved

Please win! I need this :D

Arson777

Re: Tiny Hoarder

Awwwww....Great job!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
HeartlineTwist wrote:It's a Bioshock shirt. Nothing in the thumbnail or title led me to believe that originally...

It's obvious those are little sisters, the eyes and clothing are a dead giveaway and you can see that in the thumbnail.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Gato Dorado

This is neat, I also find it amusing that a dude with a very norse sounding handle created a south/central american inspired design. ;)

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
Re: Celtic Wolf

I like the design but the knotwork has a spot where it forgets to go under in the triangle and it looks like you gave up on weaving for the nose and mouth which was disappointing, but you got my vote anyway.

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
SirGecko wrote:I love this shirt! Very inane.

lol awesome

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Cool Cat

Love this!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Hoarding Gold

Cool! I like the chalk look.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
thevikingartist wrote:I like the design but the knotwork has a spot where it forgets to go under in the triangle and it looks like you gave up on weaving for the nose and mouth which was disappointing, but you got my vote anyway.

You have an amazing eye for finer details!I'd like to do another celtic inspired design in the future, and I'll keep your notes in mind Thanks for your vote and the observation.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:Perhaps you are unaware of the term golden shower in the "gutter world". Unfortunately, for anyone who knows what it means, that is instantly what they will assume it means. I showed this to quite a lot of friends in my confusion as to the idea behind the design and every single one of them read it in the same way as I did. Perhaps you should try testing the waters with people before you submit in the future? Just because you view something in a certain way doesn't mean everyone will think of it in the same way. Unfortunately for you on this occasion, everyone else saw this in a different way to the one you had intended.

You should stop now. I think he's full.

move along

dannmatthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannmatthews
Mavyn wrote:Woot has a long standing policy of not accepting celebrity likenesses without any parody involved.

The parody is hanging around his neck, melding his popular phrase with a popular rock band logo. The design hasn't been rejected yet, so I'm certain the woot staff understood the parody.

mycowwearshighheels

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mycowwearshighheels

If this does not win, I have lost all faith in humanity.

lilsquiggle

j5 wrote:You should stop now. I think he's full.

Its ok, I wasn't gonna take it any further. Im not a troll ^_^ I was just trying to explain that it wasn't just a couple of people getting the wrong end of the stick.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:I'm not a troll ^_^

No, but he is.
From the start this was a troll entry.

move along

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

test 1 2 3

What's the definition of insanity again?

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

testing 1 2 3

gold_scarab_flickr by artulo, on Flickr

lilsquiggle

j5 wrote:No, but he is.
From the start this was a troll entry.

And yet he/she didn't succeed in making anyone angry or upset. All he/she managed to do was get me to be slightly confused and post explaining the confusion :P I personally call that an unsuccessful troll ^_^

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Arson777 wrote:isnt this a full txt entry?

Woot's rules for "No text-only designs." requires an image component to a text heavy design... However the things that woot considers images include: having a box around the text, making an image out of the words, and in one notable winner - a slightly textured background fuzz.

This entry is fine.