kalilarose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalilarose
Helen603 wrote:I am sooooo buying this if it wins! :3

This makes me happy. <3 I love you stranger!

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose

This shirt is very well done. It's clean and instantly readable--text or no text.

Nice work!

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
glar wrote:Try as much as I want to like the shirt, the attribution of this to Shakespeare over Tolkien just rubs me the wrong way.

I know before anyone points out, Shakespeare did say something very very similar in The Merchant of Venice "all that glisters is not gold" which in modern plays is rendered as "all that glitters is not gold". I also know that Tolkien's direct quote is "all that is gold does not glitter". So the text on the shirt is not a direct quote of either.

I guess I am frustrated because I really want to like this shirt but am hung up on a technicality and can not force myself to.

I'm not sure I understand the technical objection here. It's definitely not the Tolkien quote. It's the Shakespeare quote as spoken in modern stagings and usually even in print, since "glisters" has mutated into "glitters" in common language.

Would you only be happy if they said "glisters" and thus made everyone else say "There's a typo on your shirt"?

archiwiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archiwiz
Re: Make Your Own Luck

Want! Want! Want! Why? It's red. There's a dragon. A girl is making her own way. + One for feminism!

raavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raavin
lonelypond wrote:ha! serenity + jet pack. interesting combination.

:D I thought so too - it was definitely fun to work on!

Visit my RedBubble
Visit my Sketchblog

unionboggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unionboggle
pcw wrote:Does this actually say anything?

I found this site fun to use: http://www.eyelid.co.uk/hieroglyphic-typewriter.html

"taste the beast"

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
j5 wrote:They pretty much do, yes. Especially in this incarnation with the long bit on the bottom, not to mention the title "Gold Life". What do YOU think that's a reference to?

Cross Wiki

WHOA!!! there buddy I didn't Mean it that way, I just saw some gothic jewelry with a bat mixed with a cross, and thought hay why not a butter fly because its less scary looking. Also the name refers to the life cycle of the butter fly.

myvintagevogue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myvintagevogue
Re: Golden Moment

yes yes yes! so cool

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jfsiv wrote:WHOA!!! there buddy I didn't Mean it that way, I just saw some gothic jewelry with a bat mixed with a cross, and thought hay why not a butter fly because its less scary looking. Also the name refers to the life cycle of the butter fly.

LOL!
Sorry man.
Art interpretation FTL.

move along

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

@hizzo87 loves this shirt.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave

I can draw part 2 where a golden owlet hatches from the egg to complete your story... hehe

atajayhawk wrote:So I'm not the only one who sees that as sad. Good! Can you give the story a happy ending, please?

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
j5 wrote:LOL!
Sorry man.
Art interpretation FTL.

That's okay man

It happens, if not then critics would be out of a job, and artist wouldn't be able to get better.

Chmarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chmarr
curlycue9 wrote:Am I the only one that sees that this shirt got rejected because it screams incest? I admit I kind of laughed but in a "this is sick and I can't laugh at this in front of others" sort of way...

Well, for something similar, think about this when you next order "Oyako Don" from your favourite Japanese Restaurant.

Okako Don is a chicken and egg rice dish, and "Oya-ko" means "Mother-child". Mmm... mowfful of incest! Yum!

vehrnose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vehrnose

Excellent. Definitely in for one once it wins.

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber
elosben wrote:I LOVE this but can't really read the blue on black...maybe resubmit in another color???

Aww sorry about that It looks okay on my comp, but next time I'll definitely get some other opinions before submitting!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I prefer this option but both are just amazing!!! (well, you designs are always stunning )

wirdou

hahaha love the bunny expression, but that gold isn't gonna be tasty at all XD

wirdou

wow!!!this is impressive!!

wirdou

This is amazing!!!:D:D Really, It's a pity that you couldn't submit it the first day, but I hope that with the new rules woot or Bass chooses it!! I love the color scheme and the textures!

wirdou

hahahha so much fun!:D:D

adkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adkid

Thanks for all the encouragement and support, everyone!

autumnseraphim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autumnseraphim
Thinaeariel wrote:Creepy, and perfect. Great idea!

Hehe thanks Thinaeariel!:D

{{volmod edit: No advertising derby entries in comments, please. Derby entries may only be advertised in signatures. To edit your signature and remove this message, please click on "my account," found at the top right corner of any woot page, under your username. Please be aware that no images will show in signatures until an account has made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

crystalfairy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crystalfairy
Re: Heart of Gold

Infinite Improbability Drive in action

autumnseraphim

Re: Caged Up

I love this! I wish I've bought something here already so I can vote (though you are my competitor haha).

{{volmod edit: No advertising derby entries in comments, please. Derby entries may only be advertised in signatures. To edit your signature and remove this message, please click on "my account," found at the top right corner of any woot page, under your username. Please be aware that no images will show in signatures until an account has made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

wirdou

this is awesome!!!:D:D:D amazing collab!:D

wirdou

great!!:D I'm glad that you chose silver, but sad that this has less votes

autumnseraphim

arienb wrote:Anyone else think Wirdou when you saw the thumbnail?

I didn't vote for this after seeing the (to me) extreme similarities in style. Clever? Yes. Original? Eh...

I did! Haha! Though I'm not in a position to criticize it (at least not yet haha) bec it's my 1st time to join this (blossom!XD) though I've been checkin' this site quite enough to figure out who's popular :D

chubley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chubley1

Absolutely awesome design prayin this is one of the top 3

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
laurarrific wrote:Thanks for the compliment and the critique, I tried to make him look as if he is staring up at the sky, I'll take a look again and I might reconsider and resubmit the design with him in a sitting position if it helps.

Sitting might seem more natural, but I know that it's all subjective. The votes show that some like it as is.

Part of my reservation is that he appears to be standing on top of the vertical fence slats. Any cat I've seen traversing that kind of wood fence is actually walking on the horizontal board that the slats are nailed to. I don't know the proper fence terminology, but hopefully that makes sense.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Make Your Own Luck

Really nice work!

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: King Midas 2047 v2

Nice work man!, full of cosmic vibe!

manikx66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manikx66

well i guess keep voting woot must not have gotten my email. i hate to doubt my own design but i dont see it printing on woot with such a low vote. i would like to thank any venture brothers fans out there that did vote though

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
hcschmidt wrote:I just wanted to say I know this one is a bit of a late entry, but everytime I went to do one somebody put an entry in with the same idea. Hopefully this one is different enough from the rest. I am still relatively new to this and would love any constructive critiques that you can supply. Thanks!

I like this! The thumbnail doesn't properly represent the design though, it looks like the head has no body. The only other suggestion I have for next time is to spend a couple minutes smoothing out some of the lines in the body so they flow better. Other than that I really like the textures and placement of the design, looks good!

crazy2niu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazy2niu

zanitie23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zanitie23
autumnseraphim wrote:I love this! I wish I've bought something here already so I can vote (though you are my competitor haha).

Thanks! Yeah it is really hard not voting for other designs, huh? (well I guess not for you.)

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

wirdou wrote:This is amazing!!!:D:D Really, It's a pity that you couldn't submit it the first day, but I hope that with the new rules woot or Bass chooses it!! I love the color scheme and the textures!

Thanks, wirdou and everyone for the nice comments and votes! I'll try to art faster next time, lol!

BrainFreeze

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrainFreeze

I use to play the theme song in the background when we would get irate customers. The contrast of a customer chewing out an employee while that same employee tries not to laugh in their face from the song was always a highlight.

It was a DIY computer store back when it was real easy to crush your processor with the heat sink if you didn't read the instructions.

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
thatquietgir1 wrote:I like this! The thumbnail doesn't properly represent the design though, it looks like the head has no body. The only other suggestion I have for next time is to spend a couple minutes smoothing out some of the lines in the body so they flow better. Other than that I really like the textures and placement of the design, looks good!

Thanks that is helpful. I noticed that the thumbnail did not look as great, but was not sure if that would prevent people from looking at it or not. I guess it does, I will try to do that better next derby, bit late for this one.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: My First Hoard

Thanks so much for the comments and votes, everybody!

And Kinzoku, I love the dragons sketch! ^_^ I wish I'd had time to work with you on a collab for this Derby :-( Let me know if you wanna collab sometime in the future!!!