Helen603

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Helen603

Yays! I am loved! :3

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
wubupon wrote:This coming from the girl whose light fixture fell on her head in the kitchen for no apparent reason.

Total LOL

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
j5 wrote:They pretty much do, yes. Especially in this incarnation with the long bit on the bottom, not to mention the title "Gold Life". What do YOU think that's a reference to?

Cross Wiki

*Shrugs* I have no idea. I was merely saying that what one person sees isnt what everyone sees. As I said, theres no denying that the most common use of the cross is by christianity, but crosses existed as a symbol before christianity and in this day and age they are used for decoration and jewelry by those who are not even remotely religious. The celtic cross is a great example of that. Whilst much of its early life 1000-2000 years ago was most definitely swamped in christianity, now it is almost a fashion thing amongst some groups, and I know i certainly don't think Christian instantly when looking at it. *Shrugs* I guess everyone has their own experiences and opinions. Thats what makes interacting with others so much fun ^_^

Jornumgandr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jornumgandr

Thank you all for the kind comments =).

ridicumeticulous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ridicumeticulous

Beautiful kitty! Love the pattern details. But not a design I would ever wear, sorry.

Re: Eye of the Sun

Kidaho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kidaho
Re: Golden Lion

Beautiful. I hope you get one of the first editor choices!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
runnerfrog13 wrote:Definitely fits the theme well, and attractive colors you got going on. I do question whether Lord of the Rings is one of the dead horses though.

GMV, this is a great shirt for this derby, even if it might be a dead horse.

On a slightly different point (and I know that it's moot to grumble on this topic, but I feel it needs to be pointed out), as far as I can tell, there have been more LOTR shirts than DW shirts printed by woot. So I'm wondering what reason they have to say that DW IS a dead horse, while LOTR isn't. Besides the prevalence of DW over LOTR in the more recent derbies, that is...

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

Arson777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arson777
DianaSprinkle wrote:Woot's rules for "No text-only designs." requires an image component to a text heavy design... However the things that woot considers images include: having a box around the text, making an image out of the words, and in one notable winner - a slightly textured background fuzz.

This entry is fine.

Thank you

lilsquiggle

Kidaho wrote:Beautiful. I hope you get one of the first editor choices!

Awww thank you I really appreciate the support. Its been very exciting for me to be even this high in the derby when this is only my second ever entry.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lilsquiggle wrote:*Shrugs* I have no idea. I was merely saying that what one person sees isnt what everyone sees.

no worries.
For the record, I didn't tattle this. I have no idea why it was rejected, because usually religious refs are stated as such.

move along

cjhippo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjhippo

Really like this - I'd get one for each of my grandsons! And one for myself, as well. (The Golden Lion)

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

I am absolutely heartbroken to see this fall out of the Fog - here's hoping for an Editor's Choice! This has to be one of my favorite derby entries in months, if not ever, so...good luck!!

Re: To Be Lucky

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Golden Inspiration

The USOC/IOC would sue woot over this one.

I don't know.

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
autumnseraphim wrote:I did! Haha! Though I'm not in a position to criticize it (at least not yet haha) bec it's my 1st time to join this (blossom!XD) though I've been checkin' this site quite enough to figure out who's popular :D

Stick around long enough and you'll get a feel for it. Ramy's one of the few with both a reputation and following depending on what posts you read. Welcome to Woot!

marmiiite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marmiiite
arienb wrote:Anyone else think Wirdou when you saw the thumbnail?

I didn't vote for this after seeing the (to me) extreme similarities in style. Clever? Yes. Original? Eh...

Yeah, I definitely thought Wirdou.

naloff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naloff

This is amazing, I would love to buy something like this!

Re: Caged Up

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
Re: An Inevitable Fate

Glad to see you were able to resub this since the original was so good. Hope it prints so I can get at least one if not two.

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Golden Munchies

5 colors on silver. The yellow used in the design represents the gold shimmer ink. I hope you like this design. Please vote.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Golden Retriever

FINALLY someone has done a golden retriever design!

rorslmaverick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rorslmaverick
Re: Flight of the Golden Fish

so awesome!!

pm820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pm820
Re: Golden Munchies

I love the expression on the goldfish in the bowl. +1

henwy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages henwy

I thought it was someone trying to hold onto a handful of eggs...

caherrick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caherrick
pm820 wrote:I love the expression on the goldfish in the bowl. +1

Agree. I love the expression on the goldfish as well. This would be a good t-shirt for my kid. I hope it wins!

kittyjane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittyjane

right on

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: No One Percent

Support the moneyless by voting for this shirt.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: An Inevitable Fate

This is the best! I hope it gets the first place :D

Steficake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steficake
akalashnikova wrote:Have you ever seen the Lucky golden poo from Japan? The have keychain accessories and other things. A friend of mine brought me back a tiny golden poo on a little red pillow. I put it on my desk at work.
Apparently the kanji for lucky is near the word for poo -
Well google golden lucky poo, you'll see its not like a 'golden shower'.

I totally agree, I thought it was great. I know several people who would find this appealing.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: A Million Sunsets

Each sunset is different, though there's no-one to share them with.

nikoby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikoby

Nice Work!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 91 Private Messages oakenspirit
devdave wrote:I can draw part 2 where a golden owlet hatches from the egg to complete your story... hehe

Beautiful!

I serious though... this is getting written... such a cool tale.

speedlazer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: Heart of Gold

I would wear this shirt SO much...!

Brandiegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandiegirl
Re: Olympic Deliciousness

A chocolate foil medal, I knew it!

lilsquiggle

cjhippo wrote:Really like this - I'd get one for each of my grandsons! And one for myself, as well. (The Golden Lion)

Thank you for the support Im low enough down in the derby now that to me it seems highly unlikely for this to print. Theres some much stronger entries. However, when the 60 days are up, I will definitely be taking this design elsewhere to see if I can get it printed.

spkidwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkidwell
SkekTek wrote:Support the moneyless by voting for this shirt.

But if you buy this shirt, becareful of biker gangs...they might take it personally...LOL

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire
henwy wrote:I thought it was someone trying to hold onto a handful of eggs...

Heh — at least you didn't see one of the earlier revisions of it, where there was a lot more sand — it really DID look like that then. xD

But… yeah. I can see where it doesn't look much like gold coins. Sadly, there's not really a very good way to convey the metallic gold on a computer screen. D:

glacian22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glacian22

Wow, this is really great! I hope it does well despite the late entry!

KizulEmeraldfire

Re: The Golden Planet

What's that rectangular thing floating near the planet? o.O A giant chalkboard eraser? An iPhone? Random space junk? A satellite?

On the subject of the shirt itself: this is a sweet design. :D I know I'D buy one, if it went to print.

KizulEmeraldfire

Re: Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose

I haven't much to say about this design, except that it's simple (that's a good thing, though! ), and it's also pure genius.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

KizulEmeraldfire

Re: Caged Up

Reminds me of the story, "The Old Woman in the Wood"/"The White Dove" (it apparently has many versions). Is it perhaps a reference to that story?