dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay

bunnygirl34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bunnygirl34
Re: 14 Karat Gold

Please keep this shirt I would like to purchase one.

Paranatural

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paranatural
plainyoghurt wrote:This is glorious. A glorious shower of gold. Sure it might not be YOU'RE cup of tea but is that really any reason to get on here and bag it? Every week I have to sift through endless mario and star wars themed shirts with every man and his monkey clamouring to be the first to offer congratulations to the artist that gets the most "original" take on a video game or tv show. And yet when someone actually does come up with a design that shows a little bit of originality without having to rely on a crutch of someone else's devising, all anyone does is tour guide and moan about it. If you don't want to wear it, don't vote for it. Don't cast dispersions on a person's character just because they enjoy a sense of humour that is different to you.
Where's the encouragement? Where's the love?

Agreed. I guess it's nothing but unoriginal 90's video game references once again.

chachachino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chachachino
paaiyan wrote:Are those gradients or halftones?

Hey paaiyan,

Good question. I forgot to mention they're neither gradients nor halftones. Just an approximation of how metallic gold ink will actually look on the shirt.

They're solid vector shapes.

autumnseraphim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autumnseraphim
Ellimist28 wrote:I love the asymmetry, and the text and everything works perfectly in this context

Thank you Ellimist28!^_^

{{volmod edit: No advertising derby entries in comments, please. Derby entries may only be advertised in signatures. To edit your signature and remove this message, please click on "my account," found at the top right corner of any woot page, under your username. Please be aware that no images will show in signatures until an account has made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000
lilsquiggle wrote:Thank you for the support Im low enough down in the derby now that to me it seems highly unlikely for this to print. Theres some much stronger entries. However, when the 60 days are up, I will definitely be taking this design elsewhere to see if I can get it printed.

I hope you do! This is a gorgeous print and my bf loves lions. I really do want to get this for him. Hopefully there is some way to let me know.

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66
glacian22 wrote:Wow, this is really great! I hope it does well despite the late entry!

Very pretty

glacian22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glacian22
KizulEmeraldfire wrote::O If this doesn't win in the Derby, would it be possible to get this in POSTER form (after the prerequisite sixty days, that is)? I would LOVE a shirt or poster of this. I might even actually go to the trouble of framing a poster of it. :D

Seconded! I would love a big poster of this design!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Wowsers! I am so happy- Thanks to everyone for voting!!

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
noodle192000 wrote:I hope you do! This is a gorgeous print and my bf loves lions. I really do want to get this for him. Hopefully there is some way to let me know.

Ill try and remember to send you a private message when I submit it somewhere

woaikonglong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woaikonglong
wirdou wrote:This design was rejected for copyright problems in another derby, and shirt.woot asked /in the rejection info) to rework and resubmit, so here it is again!!! :D:D Hope you like!:D

Fantastic!!! Dang, if this doesn't go to print, I might be taking a break until we get more like-minded voters...

Changing the world... one asylum at a time...

ouroboros13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ouroboros13
KizulEmeraldfire wrote:I whole-heartedly second this comment. Though, if I could, I'd be buying most of the designs in this Derby instead of just the three winners. xD

I am going to cry if I can't buy this shirt. It's amazing. Thanks for the great design!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

thank you all for your nice words!!!:D:D:D you are just great!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
mailmanmo wrote:This is really good, but your thumbnail makes it look like something to be ignored and passed over to the casual eye.

Thanks for the critique, I'll keep that in mind for this upcoming derby.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

In for one for my brother-in-law if it prints.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu
chubley1 wrote:Absolutely awesome design prayin this is one of the top 3

haha i hope it's number 1, because then it HAS to print!

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
glorinmann wrote:Brillant ! (au propre comme au figuré...)

To me, there is a Ulysses 31 vibe in it, and that nostalgic feeling makes this design even better

thanks a lot again

kharmazero

wirdou wrote:wow!!!this is impressive!!

thanks a lot Wirdou , yours is awesome too ;-))

kharmazero

expo01 wrote:Nice work man!, full of cosmic vibe!

thanks Expo, i'm a big fan of your work ;-))good luck

kharmazero

KizulEmeraldfire wrote::O If this doesn't win in the Derby, would it be possible to get this in POSTER form (after the prerequisite sixty days, that is)? I would LOVE a shirt or poster of this. I might even actually go to the trouble of framing a poster of it. :D

i'll tell you if this option is avalaible some day, thanks a lot

kharmazero

glacian22 wrote:Seconded! I would love a big poster of this design!

thanks a lot, i'll send you a mail when it will be avalaible

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
Re: Golden Ratio

I feel sad now

skodacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skodacat
Re: 14 Karat Gold

I love this shirt! Much better in my opinion than the three that "won". I really hope that Woot will eventually produce this. Keep up the great work!!!

Skodacat

sfan27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfan27
Re: Golden Ratio

Please re-enter this shirt some time. It is amazing!

So elegant and awesome!

correlation =/= causation

dseetin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dseetin
Re: Fairy Treasure

I still want to buy this shirt! Any chance it's going to get printed on another site?

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol
wirdou wrote:this is awesome!!!:D:D:D amazing collab!:D

Awesome

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

meise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meise
dseetin wrote:

I still want to buy it too!!!

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
Re: Fairy Treasure

Sad that Fairy Treasure didn't win the derby...but happy it made honorable mention....my hopes is that this will win the double-take derby or somehow get randomly picked to print. Still REALLY want this one!!!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
gement wrote:I'm not sure I understand the technical objection here. It's definitely not the Tolkien quote. It's the Shakespeare quote as spoken in modern stagings and usually even in print, since "glisters" has mutated into "glitters" in common language.

Would you only be happy if they said "glisters" and thus made everyone else say "There's a typo on your shirt"?

TYPOS RULE!!!

copernicium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copernicium

I want that on a shirt so very much.