tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Re: Golden Spiral Seahorse

I really like this. It's very simple, but very well done.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
quabaq wrote:I'm no expert, but that bird symbol looks awfully Zelda.

That was my thought, and the Triange is Triforcish, though the Star of David isn't exactly part of that. The swirls aren't quite from WindWaker, and the Sun and Moon isn't quite from Majora's Mask. Those Grapple Hooks aren't the style of Link's Grapple.

The legend " Star Circus Game Realm Champions" isn't anything that suggested it to my mind. And Yet the whole gives the Zelda impression.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
bounty42 wrote:Ok, people: Zelda Shirt: Yeah or Nay?

Zelda was the first thing I thought of, to be honest.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Let's do it for Johnny!

Cool! Thanks!

move along

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Golden Spiral Seahorse

Nice design, simple and elegant.
I'm not a fan of the olive colored shirt though. Even with gold paint, eehh. I think the metallic paint would look stunning on the royal blue, plus it would then work as water for your seahorse

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Re: Heart of Gold

I'm sorry, but this really just hurts to look at. Maybe on blue or green would be better, or even purple, but the red is just bad =(

palitosci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palitosci
Re: STARtling similitaries

Thanks dudes!

It´s no reference the Mario Star.
The golden star is a popular item online.

Cheers!

citizencoyote

Re: An Inevitable Fate

YES. Awesome.

And LOTR is not as overdone in shirt.woot derbies as other themes, so I don't think that horse is dead yet.

runnerfrog13

Re: Heart of Gold

Some of the spikes on the edges seem awfully small, do you know if they are large enough to print with the metallic ink?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mapinto wrote:How come? Nothing profain there, lol...

If anything kills this, it's the cigarette.

move along

runnerfrog13

citizencoyote wrote:And LOTR is not as overdone in shirt.woot derbies as other themes, so I don't think that horse is dead yet.

Half-dead ;)

vielleicht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vielleicht

Most adorable Lucky Cat ever. GMV, good luck!!

Re: To Be Lucky

citizencoyote

Re: Dot Matrix

I like it, but it's definitely going to run afoul of the Rejectionator.

x00x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x00x
runnerfrog13 wrote:Some of the spikes on the edges seem awfully small, do you know if they are large enough to print with the metallic ink?

100% positive.

bounty42

citizencoyote wrote:I like it, but it's definitely going to run afoul of the Rejectionator.

Photograph rule, right?

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

runnerfrog13

bounty42 wrote:That was my thought, and the Triange is Triforcish, though the Star of David isn't exactly part of that. The swirls aren't quite from WindWaker, and the Sun and Moon isn't quite from Majora's Mask. Those Grapple Hooks aren't the style of Link's Grapple.

The legend " Star Circus Game Realm Champions" isn't anything that suggested it to my mind. And Yet the whole gives the Zelda impression.

I'm with bounty, I can't figure out if this is Zelda or not. All the signs don't really match up, but when I looked at it, the first impression I got also was "Zelda" for some reason.

bounty42

Re: An Inevitable Fate
runnerfrog13 wrote:Half-dead ;)

When this prints it'll probably put that horse down for the next few weeks.

My question would be: is the Elvish Script copyright?

runnerfrog13

bounty42 wrote:Photograph rule, right?

Lol, yeah, that's it. Nothing to do with kid-friendly submissions...
/endscarcasm

bounty42

runnerfrog13 wrote:I'm with bounty, I can't figure out if this is Zelda or not. All the signs don't really match up, but when I looked at it, the first impression I got also was "Zelda" for some reason.

I really think THIS is the Ultimate Parody Shirt. It walks right up to the line and sticks out it's tongue, but never quite steps over it.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Mystery Solved

Yay, Spirit's back! I can kittywiggle now!! :D

Excellent design, dude!

citizencoyote

mapinto wrote:How come? Nothing profain there, lol...

Profane? No, but Woot treads lightly when it comes to sex and drugs (but thankfully not rock and roll).

runnerfrog13

bounty42 wrote:My question would be: is the Elvish Script copyright?

I'm guessing that's why he had to make changes to resub. I'm not an expert, but this script doesn't look quite like the real elvish?

bounty42

runnerfrog13 wrote:Lol, yeah, that's it. Nothing to do with kid-friendly submissions...

Woot has been getting a lot racier the last month or so. But teh Rejectionator seems to ping for "Not on a shirt template" and "No Photographs" before it pings for content or Derby rules violations.

citizencoyote

Re: Gold Fever

Ouch. Voted.

citizencoyote

Re: My First Hoard

That's a ridiculously cute baby dragon.

bounty42

runnerfrog13 wrote:I'm guessing that's why he had to make changes to resub. I'm not an expert, but this script doesn't look quite like the real elvish?

adkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adkid

This is awesome on so many levels!

runnerfrog13

Re: Mystery Solved

Hehe, I don't know if it's just me, but I would love to see an additional sub with just the Twinkie in an oval centered on the shirt, with a couple little sparkles around it

adkid

Ha! Clever

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Re: I FOUND IT

Is the AU panel going to be gold ink on this? Just its a way different colour to the sort of gold tone others have used and woot requested...

runnerfrog13

Re: My First Hoard

I'm immune to cute bunnies, cats, penguins, and turtles... (did I miss any?)

But sadly, cute dragon in excellent style has slipped right past all my defenses. Definitely going to vote for this one ;)

adkid

I pity the foo' who leaves me no change! Love it

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
orabbit wrote:Whoops! forgot the shirt. Click to see halftone detail.

Best bet will be to delete and resubmit. It can be a fussy line, so fixing it now can only benefit you.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
Re: Golden Glory

You broke the GOLDEN rule! No Mario!

newnie

Re: To Be Lucky

Lucky gold cat! Of course! Good quick thinking

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
runnerfrog13 wrote:I'm with bounty, I can't figure out if this is Zelda or not. All the signs don't really match up, but when I looked at it, the first impression I got also was "Zelda" for some reason.

Its definitely the bird wings that push it to making me think of Zelda. Its just way too close to the Hylian Crest and thats all I see when I look at it.

runnerfrog13

bounty42 wrote:I don't think the Kindergarden test is wholy appropriate, with things like F This and Your Idea's Suck printing, but I do think this one is close to the line. Will probably come down to how many Tattles it gets.

I was surprised when F This was printed. Made me laugh, but at the same time, definitely not a shirt I want to find in the random grab bag of children's shirts

newnie

Re: Mighty BBQ

Does his hat say N#1 Hero?
That doesn't make sense to me. Is it an Iron Man thing that I just don't 'get'?

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: King Midas 2047

3 colors on black

bounty42

kharmazero wrote:3 colors on black

Which color is (#b69624)?