nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle
lilsquiggle wrote:Is the AU panel going to be gold ink on this? Just its a way different colour to the sort of gold tone others have used and woot requested...

Oh I see now the #b69624 - oops. - YES please just pretend it's #b69624! - thanks for pointing it out!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
newnie wrote:Does his hat say N#1 Hero?
That doesn't make sense to me. Is it an Iron Man thing that I just don't 'get'?

N# is a lesser used abrivation for Number (Number 1 HERO).

But based on the Unninja pupil issues in the Quality Control Thread, it doesn't matter what it says, you'll never be able to see it on the shirt.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
bounty42 wrote:Which color is (#b69624)?

are we obliged to use it?cause i didn't.

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
Re: Heart of Gold on Navy

Much better! Looks like a true optical illusion instead of OUCH!

bounty42

kharmazero wrote:are we obliged to use it?cause i didn't.

Not obliged to, but I'd lay 1000:1 against you printing witout it.

EDIT: It is however, and EPIC shirt. I saw it and was Wowed. But in the Derby where they give us Mettallic Ink, I don't see a print without it placing, especially if they're pulling metal ink after this derby.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1
runnerfrog13 wrote:Nice design, simple and elegant.
I'm not a fan of the olive colored shirt though. Even with gold paint, eehh. I think the metallic paint would look stunning on the royal blue, plus it would then work as water for your seahorse

Thanks for the input! I tried it out on blue~

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64758/golden-spiral-seahorse-v2-on-blue

thatquietgir1

tarmawolf wrote:I really like this. It's very simple, but very well done.

Thanks very much

bounty42

Re: Golden Spiral Seahorse (V2 on Blue)

Wow. MUCH nicer on blue. Wasn't expecting it to make that much of an improvement...

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: From Gilded Ashes

Awesome!

kharmazero

bounty42 wrote:Not obliged to, but I'd lay 1000:1 against you printing witout it.

EDIT: It is however, and EPIC shirt. I saw it and was Wowed. But in the Derby where they give us Mettallic Ink, I don't see a print without it placing, especially if they're pulling metal ink after this derby.

thanks a lot for the warm comment,i saw some entries without gold , then read again the brief and it says"you may use..."so...anyway, just swap one of the color with the gold and it works .I'll delete this one ;-))thanks also for being a "watcher "

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
mapinto wrote:How come? Nothing profain there, lol...

Nothing directly profane, no. However, I think that between the smoking, the implied sex and the vulgar-based-on-the-context-of-the-shirt title, I don't know if it will fly.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
j5 wrote:If anything kills this, it's the cigarette.

From cancer?

bounty42

kharmazero wrote:thanks a lot for the warm comment,i saw some entries without gold , then read again the brief and it says"you may use..."so...anyway, just swap one of the color with the gold and it works .I'll delete this one ;-))thanks also for being a "watcher "

I've actually only seen 2 now that didn't have gold. I've seen about 5 that are using slightly different colors for(#b69624).

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Aw MAN!I am totally envious that I didn't make this shirt! It's adorable and looks great!

Re: 14 Karat Gold

bounty42

Re: Smeared Sky

Which color is (#b69624)?

bounty42

Re: Midas

Awesome!.

Love teh way you put the metallic shimmer on the shirt sample to show the difference between the Metallic Gold and the normal Gold.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Re: Smeared Sky

Well its certainly colourful. Not sure you have entirely got to grips with the derby rules though

oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: 14 Cart Gold (green)

Blue and Green editions of the GOLDEN NES CARTRIDGE!!!

Only the most precious games were cast in GOLD!

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart
Re: Trienforcers

LOL Nice discussion you have here. It's -obviously- a Zelda spoof.

Just wanted to do the thing, but without any copyright infringement, so I tought that a sport parody design would do the trick.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
runnerfrog13 wrote:I'm guessing that's why he had to make changes to resub. I'm not an expert, but this script doesn't look quite like the real elvish?

That's right, and that's why I just drew something similar....but different. You can compare with bounty's image, the shapes are vaguely similar, but it's easy to see that it refers to LOTR

Thank you for your nice words. I don't think LOTR is a death horse. I've been here for less than a year, but I think there aren't many shirt.woot LOTR shirts

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Whistlin' Willie's Gold Emporium

I was hoping for an historical entry. Yay!

arinesart

Re: Trienforcers

By the way, I have the same design but with all the zelda symbols and stuff in the right and original way, but I guess it would be rejected in the same time Flash says "hello".

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: I FOUND IT

The more I look at this design, the more I like it. The silver works very well and I finally noticed all of the other element symbols. Missed those at first, oops!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: My Little Ponyboy

Thanks for the nice comments! I had a lot of fun making this and I'm happy you guys are enjoying it.

kharmazero

Re: King Midas 2047

resub with gold color - 3 colors on black

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
benjaminleebates wrote:From cancer?

That too, but it will take longer and probably be more painful. Though the rejectionator can be pretty painful if you're fogged going into Wednesday.

move along

arinesart

Fun, but I'm not sure how it's about gold? Is it because his suit has some gold on it?

Derby is not about gold. Is about use gold metallic ink. If you have a look at the submissions, there are plenty of no gold.

Does his hat say N#1 Hero?
That doesn't make sense to me. Is it an Iron Man thing that I just don't 'get'?

A way to abreviatte Number 1. Usually used when numbering comic books, for example.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: King Midas 2047

Those gold lines look pretty thin. How many pixels are they?

thatquietgir1

bounty42 wrote:Wow. MUCH nicer on blue. Wasn't expecting it to make that much of an improvement...

Thanks!

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
Re: Time Is Gold

Time is gold! Two shades of inks in black. Hope you like it!

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Re: Golden Lion

This looks great! I love the way the background adds to the overall design.

Nice job!

EDIT: Don't use the button in my signature yet... I'm still at work and haven't posted yet.

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Tusked Raiders

Somewhere, in an alternate universe, this fearsome duo is thundering across the steppes, pursuing their quarry. They are pure animal instinct and ferocity. If you're close enough to smell their hot, dusty hides, you won't live to tell about it.

I guess all the time I spent reading Heavy Metal magazine in my teens hasn't gone to waste. Think of it as Frazetta-esque, and it'll make more sense.

I resubbed this because I forgot to show the design on a shirt originally.

Click for detail:

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
bounty42 wrote:Not obliged to, but I'd lay 1000:1 against you printing witout it.

For what it's worth, the 1st place design from the Robots Save the World derby did not use the offered silver metallic ink, and only four of the total fogged entries did, albeit two of them printed.

I feel like there was another metallic ink derby in between, but I'm drawing a blank.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
cfdunbar wrote:This looks great! I love the way the background adds to the overall design.

Nice job!

Thank you very much I gotta say it came together much better than I expected :P

bounty42

kevlar51 wrote:For what it's worth, the 1st place design from the Robots Save the World derby did not use the offered silver metallic ink, and only four of the total fogged entries did, albeit two of them printed.

I feel like there was another metallic ink derby in between, but I'm drawing a blank.

Granted, but that brings us back to "is this a derby about gold, or a derby about gold ink?"

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya
dsgnGrl wrote:Dual entry by me and greystone9. 4 colors on navy.

Love this! Great work this week. I hope it prints. :-)

kharmazero

tjschaeffer wrote:Those gold lines look pretty thin. How many pixels are they?

there's a "white"halftoned layer covering the gold layer, but i'll have to delete this one too, i forgot about the non -halftoning rule.jiiii i should enjoy my summer starry night instead of trying to get gold hahahaha

bounty42

kharmazero wrote:there's a "white"halftoned layer covering the gold layer, but i'll have to delete this one too, i forgot about the non -halftoning rule.jiiii i should enjoy my summer starry night instead of trying to get gold hahahaha

Send up the original too, just to see how they do against each other!

ldokiernan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ldokiernan
bounty42 wrote:Awesome!.

Love teh way you put the metallic shimmer on the shirt sample to show the difference between the Metallic Gold and the normal Gold.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure it was easy to tell the difference, since this shirt would actually include both the metallic gold and a regular gold, right next to each other.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
kevlar51 wrote:I feel like there was another metallic ink derby in between, but I'm drawing a blank.

There were other metallic prints, I don't think there was another Derby that allowed them.

move along