+ Add a Comment

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles

Epicness!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: No duh, Shakespeare

Does this count as a celebrity likeness?

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Protected Gold v2 (No text)

Yes, I definitely like the no-text one better. Voted.

orabbit

jessisima wrote:Oh and also, a quick thank you to orabbit for encouraging me to take this design a step further with the shovel and background

No probs!

orabbit

Re: Golden Lion

It came good, as my relatives say.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Heart of Gold on Navy

i would have liked this a lot more if it was just a lil smaller...maybe a quarter smaller...its just a lil to big for my taste, but great design!!!

eleanorzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleanorzombie

I'ld like it better without the person and swing... Otherwise I would buy it today! I love the tree and colors. Thank you.

yawnmama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yawnmama

Needs this

okac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okac
Re: 14 Karat Gold

holy bunny poop nugget.

I NEED this shirt so so so much...

NEED

I would buy two so that I had a backup for when I wear this one to nothingness.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose

I used to watch this show with my gramma. She called it "The Girls". I would probably like it better without the text, but I guess I still must vote!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
glar wrote:Try as much as I want to like the shirt, the attribution of this to Shakespeare over Tolkien just rubs me the wrong way.

I know before anyone points out, Shakespeare did say something very very similar in The Merchant of Venice "all that glisters is not gold" which in modern plays is rendered as "all that glitters is not gold". I also know that Tolkien's direct quote is "all that is gold does not glitter". So the text on the shirt is not a direct quote of either.

I guess I am frustrated because I really want to like this shirt but am hung up on a technicality and can not force myself to.

I know, I feel the same way. When I saw the name of the shirt, and the thumbnail of the quote, I felt a little knee-jerk of nerd-rage. But it's a golden joke, all in all. LOL

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber
eleanorzombie wrote:I'ld like it better without the person and swing... Otherwise I would buy it today! I love the tree and colors. Thank you.

Hm, thanks for the input! Maybe I'll submit one without the swing, then. Although people seem to like the cranberry color a bit better...?

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
celticdragon wrote:I like it, but I'd like it rather better without the paintbrush.

I know what you mean. That way it would seem more like molten gold, and not just a really shiny paint/an excellent, shiny (though still wet), painting of a phoenix.

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
bpr2 wrote:Seeing as how the rabbit is using the other limb as a holding device, it would bugs me too much by thinking that the shot off limb is a lucky rabbit hand and not a lucky rabbit's foot.

Not the scenario that I had in mind while creating this. Somebody came along and whacked his foot off, so Dirty Harey is out for revenge is how it played in my head. Sorry that it bugs you.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: 14 Karat Gold

You haven't wasted the opportunity to make the gold ink a feature of your design. Great framing and colours.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Golden Life

Take a look at this one guys, it's pretty cool!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

crazyone43229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyone43229
Re: From Gilded Ashes

I like it as well but have to agree with others the paintbrush takes away from the image would like to see it without the brush if possible. The phoenix is gorgeous. I am looking at the image for a possible new tattoo.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad
bdubs8807 wrote:I know, I feel the same way. When I saw the name of the shirt, and the thumbnail of the quote, I felt a little knee-jerk of nerd-rage. But it's a golden joke, all in all. LOL

In my defense, I am a fellow of infinite jets.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Dead Pirate's Gold

White, Gray, and Metallic Gold ink on a Black Tee

minnikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minnikins

you can see the placement and size on the shirt in the picture!

spike31642 wrote:I love this design, but I wish i knew how big it was going to be on the shirt and where. :/

cuzwhynot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuzwhynot
Re: Gold Digger

Puns!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: I FOUND IT

Turned out great

melissalopez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melissalopez

I'm so glad someone else appreciates the best ensemble alive, well, you know what I mean....best show ever. I'd even get my toddler son one of these since the theme song he understands to be a " lullabye" ...hey, do what you know.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: From Gilded Ashes

I think you have a winner here mate.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie
Re: To Be Lucky

I want this. I want this. I want this. Ah! Me liking cranberry shirts...What's happening!? D:

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05

Love this! Very clever and well executed, also great choice of colors. In for one if it prints.

poundpuppy05

Re: Eye of the Sun

Cool idea annd I like the colors but the angle of the cat looks like it was hung, poor kitty.

poundpuppy05

Re: A bunch of rings to rule them all.

My nephews would love this! I like how you did the evil doctor robot in the center.

rmstorey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmstorey
Re: Follow

And, if you're like me, you'll now have the song in your head all day.

acrylix91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acrylix91
Re: Dragon's Hoard

I like my design quite a bit really, but I don't understand how to use halftones properly, I guess. So I don't know if it will get rejected because of that or the fact that it's super freaking pixelated for some reason. I can't get anything to go right, here. Next time, I guess.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Dead Pirate's Gold

Very cool!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: Eye of the Sun

I would recommend visiting the image at Tumblr for a correct, non-squished version of the mock up.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7uwptqk6Y1r3ai99o1_500.jpg

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Flight of the Golden Fish

A design that uses that shiny metallic ink everyone is raving about. Don't know why... tastes terrible D:

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
orabbit wrote:It came good, as my relatives say.

<3 Thank you orabbit Your advice was very much appreciated

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
Re: Maneki Neko beckons you

Yep, lack of the chin line definitely neatened up the mouth Im glad, because this is a lovely design

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly

AWESOME!

swngkid714

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swngkid714

Agreed whole heartedly!

glar wrote:Try as much as I want to like the shirt, the attribution of this to Shakespeare over Tolkien just rubs me the wrong way.

I know before anyone points out, Shakespeare did say something very very similar in The Merchant of Venice "all that glisters is not gold" which in modern plays is rendered as "all that glitters is not gold". I also know that Tolkien's direct quote is "all that is gold does not glitter". So the text on the shirt is not a direct quote of either.

I guess I am frustrated because I really want to like this shirt but am hung up on a technicality and can not force myself to.

parkervh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkervh
nathanwpyle wrote:This is hilarious and I love it
+1

Agreed!

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
bounty42 wrote:Take a look at this one guys, it's pretty cool!

Thanks I try.

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85

This shirt design is simply fantastic!