+ Add a Comment

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: King Midas 2047 v2

Gold as solid background color? Is this possible in printing? I mean, I am sure it's possible, but I would think the other colors would not play well. Mostly when printing, I was under the impression that each color is separated and applied only where it exists. So in a WYSIWYG fashion, putting a halftone on top, turns the colors below into a halftone by knocking it out, every color gets it's own space.
I would think that this shirt would have difficulty running if they follow their own rules.

jamesofee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesofee
Re: Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose

Outdoor Mulch For Gardening CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN??????????????

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles

Poor gold =[

Kinami

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Kinami
celticdragon wrote:I like it, but I'd like it rather better without the paintbrush.

I agree...gorgeous design, otherwise!

daledreams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daledreams
Re: My Golden Dream (ride on air balloon)

I called this golden dream because this was my dream since I was child. and still I want it to happen til now... I hope you dig this work

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: You Won

Congratulations you have won a Golden.....?

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: The Geek Awards

Who will be the winner of a Golden Sheldon?

I hope you like it ;)

bopeepwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bopeepwolf

I need the Golden Girls shirt! Pretty please with sugar on top!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Someone mentioned a celtic symbol would be good for this derby, so I did a simple celtic wolf design with the gold ink.

Re: Celtic Wolf

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
Re: Hearts of Gold (v2)

This is lovely!! I want a print for my walls!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

For those who'd like the design better sans paintbrush, I've made a second version.

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/64825/molten-phoenix

Right there.^ :>

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: All That Glitters

37 things with gold in their name. Can you name them all? I was inspired by Saul Bass' iconic titles for The Man With The Golden Arm (that's my interpretation of it in the leg of the A). So I got out my scissors and some of my kids' construction paper, and got to work.

Hope you like it!

orabbit

benjaminleebates wrote:Gold as solid background color? Is this possible in printing? I mean, I am sure it's possible, but I would think the other colors would not play well. Mostly when printing, I was under the impression that each color is separated and applied only where it exists. So in a WYSIWYG fashion, putting a halftone on top, turns the colors below into a halftone by knocking it out, every color gets it's own space.
I would think that this shirt would have difficulty running if they follow their own rules.

It's called overprinting. You flash cure the ink in the underbase, and then print on top. Woot does it all the time with light colors on a dark shirt. I'm not sure how they will handle this metallic ink however. It might need its own underbase It's SUMMER!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

For those who didn't like the paintbrush on my original entry, here it is without.

You can still see the original by clicking the link in my sig, of course.

orabbit

Re: Follow

I love the type. Very reminiscent of the books!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
orabbit wrote:It's called overprinting. You flash cure the ink in the underbase, and then print on top. Woot does it all the time with light colors on a dark shirt. I'm not sure how they will handle this metallic ink however. It might need its own underbase first.

Interesting. Yeah, I'd love to hear from woot on this. I know with other types of printing, metallics are tricky, because they use real metals (fine) in the pigment and the metal is difficult to suspend in a medium. Plastics and metals don't mix well.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Dead Pirate's Gold

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH, I really like this. This is kickass

autumnseraphim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autumnseraphim

When intentions are far from pure, promises are made to be broken.

{{volmod edit: No advertising derby entries in comments, please. Derby entries may only be advertised in signatures. To edit your signature and remove this message, please click on "my account," found at the top right corner of any woot page, under your username. Please be aware that no images will show in signatures until an account has made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

autumnseraphim

Re: Rumplestiltskin

For those who never meant any harm.

{{volmod edit: No advertising derby entries in comments, please. Derby entries may only be advertised in signatures. To edit your signature and remove this message, please click on "my account," found at the top right corner of any woot page, under your username. Please be aware that no images will show in signatures until an account has made at least one purchase at any woot site.}}

paxdomino

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paxdomino
bluetuba wrote:This is kinda awesome, is he creating gold veins in rock?

Thanks! My idea was that he is revealing the veins in the rock so he can expand his hoard. So hands off, treasure hunters!

Thanks for the votes!

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
Re: Elemental Thievery

Oh, that's funny!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
bounty42 wrote:Quick! make teh collaboration shirt!

Yes!!! Collab, collab!!!

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
Re: Golden Ratio

I'm so glad that someone did something with the Golden Ratio. Simple. Perfect.

kellic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellic

I REALLY want this as a shirt.

raekath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raekath

Clever!

meltedpopsicles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meltedpopsicles
Re: Golden Egg

Awe... this is so sad =[

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
ThirstyFly wrote:AWESOME!

thanks a lot

kharmazero

benjaminleebates wrote:Gold as solid background color? Is this possible in printing? I mean, I am sure it's possible, but I would think the other colors would not play well. Mostly when printing, I was under the impression that each color is separated and applied only where it exists. So in a WYSIWYG fashion, putting a halftone on top, turns the colors below into a halftone by knocking it out, every color gets it's own space.

i knew that it was not impossible to print. i was about to make some searchs to make sure but sir orabbit answered perfectly

accomesafterb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accomesafterb

I think the squished image makes it look like the cat is 'hanging' a little more than I wanted. I'm glad you like the colors though! I assure you I tried to make it look like it was jumping but I shall take note!

kharmazero

orabbit wrote:It's called overprinting. You flash cure the ink in the underbase, and then print on top. Woot does it all the time with light colors on a dark shirt. I'm not sure how they will handle this metallic ink however. It might need its own underbase first.

thanks alot for the precise technical input orabbit san :-))

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Amazing work Qetza! +1

supermegatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermegatopia

In baiting a mousetrap with cheese, always leave room for the mouse.

Re: The Trap

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: A Golden Riddle

This design is based on the "Egg" which is the answer to a Riddle from the book "The Hobbit" which is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings series of books/movies. The Hobbit movie will be in theaters later this year and it looks to be amazing. A must see for all Lord of the Rings fans out there. I hand inked the design with micron inking markers and did the colors in PS5. The egg is done in an Art Nouveau style with enter twined curves and curls that will be done in metallic Gold ink.

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
lilsquiggle wrote:Yep, lack of the chin line definitely neatened up the mouth Im glad, because this is a lovely design

Thank you! I'm glad you like it ^^.

cjoymr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjoymr
Re: Booty

This image is just too dark! I can't see it.

kharmazero

this is a killer illo

bluetuba

Re: Through My Veins

Well that'd be the hardest working dragon I've ever heard of! ;)

I have an overactive imagination, so maybe you'll get a kick out of the what I thought it was.

It looked to me like some sort of origin story of gold. Gold comes from a golden dragon who crawls underground and scratches at the earth, and where his claws marked the stone, gold is created. Then someday centuries later it's dug up by greedy dwarves and crafted into coins and treasures that are later stolen and hoarded by another dragon. It's a great circle of wonder!

bluetuba

Re: Through My Veins

It could also look like a dragon shooting lightning from his claws, but that doesn't make much sense to me, hehe

It'd be nice if the earthen wall was more visible, or if he was located inside an underground cave or tunnel or something to reinforce that point.

autumnseraphim

Re: What Noms?

Ze tabby cat has a dilemma: scaredy fishie is too precious to be eaten, but hungry kitty is hungry.

Fishie knows the kitty wants some noms. Fishie thinks "noms" are some kind of catnip or some stupid yarn ball. But then kitty starts staring at fishie...