no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
PemberDucky wrote:yeah, i would really like to hear from him.

i posted a message in our fantasy football forums on the off-chance that he has the app for his phone & will be able to check in.

odds are not likely, but still. since he's #1 in the league right now, he might go to great lengths to preserve his ranking.

skek posted on the message board. fambly ok, has power, no interwebs, but worky has interwebs.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi guys.

We're fine down in south Jersey. We have power but no internet or cable tv so sorry for not getting on sooner (I'm at work which has its own systems).

The level of damage here is horrific. The coastal areas have been savaged, and a lot of inland areas have downed trees, knocked over houses and the like, and a lot of flooding. If you normally donate to the Red Cross, I'd ask you put in a bit more this year since we're talking billions of dollars of damage, especially to areas where people don't have the wherewithal to recover quick, like in Camden and some coastal areas. Hackensack is pretty much gone/damaged beyond saving.

While we're good, we aren't very proud of it. I know I'll be out this weekend helping out- probably going down to the shore to see what I can do.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

This makes me glad to have only lost power

#20 makes me smile on so many levels.

stay safe everyone

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
SkekTek wrote:Hi guys.

We're fine down in south Jersey. We have power but no internet or cable tv so sorry for not getting on sooner (I'm at work which has its own systems).

The level of damage here is horrific. The coastal areas have been savaged, and a lot of inland areas have downed trees, knocked over houses and the like, and a lot of flooding. If you normally donate to the Red Cross, I'd ask you put in a bit more this year since we're talking billions of dollars of damage, especially to areas where people don't have the wherewithal to recover quick, like in Camden and some coastal areas. Hackensack is pretty much gone/damaged beyond saving.

While we're good, we aren't very proud of it. I know I'll be out this weekend helping out- probably going down to the shore to see what I can do.

We're glad you managed to check in!

I'm just hanging out, really.

no1

inkycatz wrote:We're glad you managed to check in!

you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Glad Skek's safe. That leaves D'name. And still probably because she's without power. She's pretty much in the center of LI.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

So glad to see folks who have checked in. I too am anxious to hear from Dname. The pix coming out of Queens this morn are awful, but if recall, she is not. in that neighborhood.

SkekTek

pooflady wrote:Glad Skek's safe. That leaves D'name. And still probably because she's without power. She's pretty much in the center of LI.

LI took a massive hit, so I'd be surprised if Dname had power. A lot of north Jersey, LI, and Connecticut has gotten the "no power until the weekend" notice- lower manhattan is supposedly also down.

no1

SkekTek wrote:LI took a massive hit, so I'd be surprised if Dname had power. A lot of north Jersey, LI, and Connecticut has gotten the "no power until the weekend" notice- lower manhattan is supposedly also down.

everybody's working for the weekend!

SkekTek

Oh yeah, before I go home... just gotta say...

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hello.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Glad to hear from the wet wooters. AZ my hubby said he knew you and Joe would be OK 'cause you are so close to DC. With all the hot air it would blow the storm right back out! Kenney if you are out there that was NOT a political statement!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

pblgov just posted on FB.

Beware the V'owls screech!

AZGman

Long night; early day. Work tomorrow.

g'night.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Long night; early day. Work tomorrow.

g'night.

I think you'd enjoy the pun game over on World of Woot.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I'm not too surprised we haven't heard from D'name. If the router became unplugged and all she had to do was plug it in, I doubt she could figure it out. :P

Still single, can't imagine why.

no1

FenStar wrote:I'm not too surprised we haven't heard from D'name. If the router became unplugged and all she had to do was plug it in, I doubt she could figure it out. :P

you should show her a little more respect, she's old enough to be your grandmother!

pooflady

no1 wrote:you should show her a little more respect, she's old enough to be your grandmother!

Time to take cover.

no1

pooflady wrote:Time to take cover.

eh, this thread'll be closed and long buried by the time she gets back interwebz.

SkekTek

no1 wrote:eh, this thread'll be closed and long buried by the time she gets back interwebz.

LAST POST.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Glad everyone made it through the storms.
Didn't D'name get a smartphone?

wait, nevermind

In the end only kindness matters

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
FenStar wrote:I'm not too surprised we haven't heard from D'name. If the router became unplugged and all she had to do was plug it in, I doubt she could figure it out. :P

Hmm, doesn't everyone use a ups on their router?

Not that it would help if her net was out. Anyone have her phone number to see if they are alright?
Of course her phone might be out too, but it's worth a try.

lplady

SkekTek wrote:LAST POST.

Well aren't you just all around with the LAST POST post today.

Mayyybe spread them out over time by visiting back on lp every once in a while and not just today over different threads.

lp or Good evening...not sure which yet since I'm sleepy.

Edit: Hi Ice! Looks like when D'name shows up she'll have some smacking around here to do.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 541 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Glad to hear from everyone that's checked in and that everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

Sure wish I had a number for Dname.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Glad to hear from everyone that's checked in and that everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

Sure wish I had a number for Dname.

You might get her number from reverse look-up.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Gman and all later risers.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
lplady wrote:Well aren't you just all around with the LAST POST post today.

Mayyybe spread them out over time by visiting back on lp every once in a while and not just today over different threads.

lp or Good evening...not sure which yet since I'm sleepy.

Edit: Hi Ice! Looks like when D'name shows up she'll have some smacking around here to do.

frankly, personally, making a separate thread to do last posting in seems just overarching. I appreciate it in a thread that has some actual other purpose, like this one that's here so d'name can...whatever it is she does, and gman can grumble, and the rest can hang out, but doing last post just to do last post is kind of silly.

oh, LAST POST!

Josephus

From Twitter just now:
Capital Weather Gang ‏@capitalweather

Washingtonians lucky by comparison RT @johnbolaris: 90% of Long Island NY without power ..

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226

OPPA SANDY STYLE!!

lplady

Josephus wrote:frankly, personally, making a separate thread to do last posting in seems just overarching. I appreciate it in a thread that has some actual other purpose, like this one that's here so d'name can...whatever it is she does, and gman can grumble, and the rest can hang out, but doing last post just to do last post is kind of silly.

oh, LAST POST!

Then I visit the right thread. I know I'm silly at times. If a crazy thread opens I'll probably go to that one too.

Good morning everybody.

I didn't realize this thread was over 100 pages until now. So...

last post

no1

Josephus wrote:... a thread that has some actual other purpose, like this one that's here so d'name can...whatever it is she does

poop reports.

on a completely unrelated topic, "Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano Tuesday evening issued a Conserve Water Order as Hurricane Sandy has caused a critical infrastructure failure at the Bay Park Sewage Treatment Plant."

so prolly a poop problem for poor nassau county. wherever they are.

edit: last post

pooflady

no1 wrote:poop reports.

on a completely unrelated topic, "Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano Tuesday evening issued a Conserve Water Order as Hurricane Sandy has caused a critical infrastructure failure at the Bay Park Sewage Treatment Plant."

so prolly a poop problem for poor nassau county. wherever they are.

edit: last post

LOL - D'name's in Nassau County. We're going to end up (no pun intended) with poop reports from her and hubby instead of Rusty.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:LOL - D'name's in Nassau County. We're going to end up (no pun intended) with poop reports from her and hubby instead of Rusty.

thanks for that horrid mental picture, of dname and hubby and rusty all three hunched over in the pooping-dog pose together.

last post!

SkekTek

Christie moved Halloween!

Guess that means we're able to get cheap candy before the kids come around...

Last Post./

no1

SkekTek wrote:Christie moved Halloween!

Guess that means we're able to get cheap candy before the kids come around...

Last Post./

i bet he moved it so he could snap up all da candy.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:i bet he moved it so he could snap up all da candy.

because he's a husky fella!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:because he's a husky fella!!

aren't we all?