inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dougall wrote:That's it.. I'm switching to rare earth magnetic spheres imported from China.

NO MAGNETS. ANYWHERE.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
ThunderThighs wrote:What happened? Error? When loading the pop-up box or when submitting the feedback?

I haven't heard of any issues with beta feedback but I'll investigate.

Can you try again and let me know?

Just now,

windows XP,

firefox 14.0.1

popup window, didn't get chance to enter anything.

dougall

inkycatz wrote:NO MAGNETS. ANYWHERE.

my hard drive cries in your wake.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:agree with this.

Me, too.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 619 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:Just now,

windows XP,

firefox 14.0.1

popup window, didn't get chance to enter anything.

So the window pops up but you can't enter or it pops up and disappears again?

Just want to get as much info as I can to report it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I prefer having an end in sight, but not averse to it trailing out some; if we could get the mods to agree to occasionally "let it ride!" I like having the name change periodically.
no1 wrote:agree with this.
pooflady wrote:Me, too.

So are you saying keep it at 100 or go out a bit more? I hadn't thought about the changing titles. Those are fun so I definitely agree with an end point based on that.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dougall

ThunderThighs wrote:So the window pops up but you can't enter or it pops up and disappears again?

Just want to get as much info as I can to report it.

pops up and doesn't work.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:pops up and doesn't work.

Ooooh, thanks for the screen cap. Reporting now.

FORUM MODERATOR

dougall

ThunderThighs wrote:Ooooh, thanks for the screen cap. Reporting now.

I may have reported it yesterday already, but I can't remember... if you right click and open in new tab/window it works fine.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dougall wrote:I may have reported it yesterday already, but I can't remember... if you right click and open in new tab/window it works fine.

It's reported again then just now. Heh.

Alright, son has landed in WI and has received many hugs. They're on their way to lunch. I'm going to bed. It's been a long day.

FORUM MODERATOR

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Turken wrote:Hey PWA!

Love the woot shirt this morning -- works for me on so many levels. And printed on green, too! Haven't bought any woot shirts for some time, but this one was an instant must-have.

And agree w/ AZG about how silly the buckyball ban is. So many other common items out there which cause many many more childhood injuries every year, and they chose to ban these?

I think the issue here is that the injury is so severe for everyone who is injured. and the intervention required to save their lives is really full of risk. and it is an "attractive nuisance" in that, despite being intended for and marketed to adults, it is essentially a toy, and will almost certainly in many places be used primarily by children.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote: ... Massively sore for a while but it's getting a bit better with ice...

awww. that's nice of you to say,you're welcome!

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:It's reported again then just now. Heh.

Alright, son has landed in WI and has received many hugs. They're on their way to lunch. I'm going to bed. It's been a long day.

Oh good. I knew someone who had awful ear problems, traveling by air with a cold.
All is well if he didn't mention it immediately!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
dontwantaname wrote:Oh good. I knew someone who had awful ear problems, traveling by air with a cold.
All is well if he didn't mention it immediately!

LP

Last Post

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:uh... ok.

Don't confuse him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:So are you saying keep it at 100 or go out a bit more? I hadn't thought about the changing titles. Those are fun so I definitely agree with an end point based on that.

So, give us a #

200 or maybe 300

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So, give us a #

200 or maybe 300

Um, I'm okay with 100. I'd like to see other names.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Ordered the hearing aids today. //sigh//

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ordered the hearing aids today. //sigh//

What type? In ear, behind ear?

Are you going to send me the bill if they don't work out for you?

Took Rusty back to the vet and now he is going to get a shot twice a week for a month.
A shot I have to give him.
I stuck myself just checking out the needle.
Should be interesting.

If it works, there will be shots for life. I forget how often.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
Josephus wrote:I think the issue here is that the injury is so severe for everyone who is injured. and the intervention required to save their lives is really full of risk. and it is an "attractive nuisance" in that, despite being intended for and marketed to adults, it is essentially a toy, and will almost certainly in many places be used primarily by children.

guns and gun safes are also attractive nuisances which much more often fall (or fall open) in the hands of children, resulting in numerous deaths and risky surgeries every single year, and yet those won't be seeing this kind of recall and ban anytime soon.

If I have to choose between living in a literal "nanny state" or allowing some risk in the lives of my children, I'll take the risk every single time. Leave it to MY discretion what I will allow to be in the house. Then, when they're old enough, I'll teach the kids to use these tools and toys appropriately.

no1

pooflady wrote:Um, I'm okay with 100. I'd like to see other names.

i'd say anywhere between 100 and 120, with the number being unknown to the public until it locks, and changing every time. so, for example, this thread could lock at 108 pages, the next at 102 pages, etc. (mabe skew it closer to 100 most of the time, with only an occasional foray above 110.)

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:What type? In ear, behind ear?

Are you going to send me the bill if they don't work out for you?

Took Rusty back to the vet and now he is going to get a shot twice a week for a month.
A shot I have to give him.
I stuck myself just checking out the needle.
Should be interesting.

If it works, there will be shots for life. I forget how often.

Behind the ear, open fit. Middle of the road price range. $3200. I saw on her paper it said, "mild to moderate sensorineural hearing loss."

If they don't work out, I will not only send you the bill, I'll send you the hearing aids. Maybe Rusty could use them.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Took Rusty back to the vet and now he is going to get shot twice a week for a month.

you must be really mad at mr. rusty. can't you stop shooting him when he's daid?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:you must be really mad at mr. rusty. can't you stop shooting him when he's daid?

I did say shot for life.

At least the bottle is corked.

When I needed to use a needle to get the meds out of a test tube for the rat, I kept getting freaked out by the needle. I would be so nervous about it, I would put the test tube down and the drug would spill out.
$40 every time I did it, and I did it 2 or 3 times.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I did say shot for life.

At least the bottle is corked.

When I needed to use a needle to get the meds out of a test tube for the rat, I kept getting freaked out by the needle. I would be so nervous about it, I would put the test tube down and the drug would spill out.
$40 every time I did it, and I did it 2 or 3 times.

what's the shot for?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:what's the shot for?

Lubricate the joints

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

100-110 pages; no weekend locks.

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Well, the important wooters will figure it out.

G'night.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:Lubricate the joints

Can I have a shot for my knee?

Josephus

Turken wrote:guns and gun safes are also attractive nuisances which much more often fall (or fall open) in the hands of children, resulting in numerous deaths and risky surgeries every single year, and yet those won't be seeing this kind of recall and ban anytime soon.

If I have to choose between living in a literal "nanny state" or allowing some risk in the lives of my children, I'll take the risk every single time. Leave it to MY discretion what I will allow to be in the house. Then, when they're old enough, I'll teach the kids to use these tools and toys appropriately.

I think the NRA is far too powerful for something like that to be happening. :^) In your case, your kids are likely to be perfectly safe. I don't think that's true overall. I'm sure it's not, from the cases that are showing up in the emergency rooms and then straight into surgery across the country. Teenagers, and, god help me, middle-schoolers, are mosquitos, as far as I can tell, having a pair of them. They put the magnets on their tongues to look like they have piercings. or across their cheeks. They come loose, because the tongue can get really thick, or someone pulls the outside one off, and then accidentally swallow them. it takes a little more, as they have to swallow a pair of them, but sometimes that happens. This isn't something that seems dangerous at all. but it can kill you.
My brother lost 18 inches of small intestine when his appendix ruptured and he had peritoneal sepsis. It still affects him 40 years later. this is a very dangerous issue when you get it, and this is a dangerous toy.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Josephus wrote:I think the NRA is far too powerful for something like that to be happening. :^) In your case, your kids are likely to be perfectly safe. I don't think that's true overall. I'm sure it's not, from the cases that are showing up in the emergency rooms and then straight into surgery across the country. Teenagers, and, god help me, middle-schoolers, are mosquitos, as far as I can tell, having a pair of them. They put the magnets on their tongues to look like they have piercings. or across their cheeks. They come loose, because the tongue can get really thick, or someone pulls the outside one off, and then accidentally swallow them. it takes a little more, as they have to swallow a pair of them, but sometimes that happens. This isn't something that seems dangerous at all. but it can kill you.
My brother lost 18 inches of small intestine when his appendix ruptured and he had peritoneal sepsis. It still affects him 40 years later. this is a very dangerous issue when you get it, and this is a dangerous toy.

On that same subject my doctor gave me the names of the surgeons (not the guys who left the mess) who will fix all the remaining issues from my appendectomy. So I get to check out both places and get the official referral, maybe by next summer I won't look like an extra large old style turkey timer got stuck in my naval!

Most US currency passes through the intestines without surgery. I'd have to ask our local ER, but I'm sure there are some interesting issues they've seen with rare earth magnets from campus too. It'd really surprise me if they didn't have any.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I'm mostly indifferent on the closing. I like having a it at or near 100, especially on Last Post, but for PWA if there is a conversation going on, I would make the case to leave it open until it degrades into an LP fest or the conversation ends.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Josephus

KtCallista wrote:On that same subject my doctor gave me the names of the surgeons (not the guys who left the mess) who will fix all the remaining issues from my appendectomy. So I get to check out both places and get the official referral, maybe by next summer I won't look like an extra large old style turkey timer got stuck in my naval!

Most US currency passes through the intestines without surgery. I'd have to ask our local ER, but I'm sure there are some interesting issues they've seen with rare earth magnets from campus too. It'd really surprise me if they didn't have any.

I was quite surprised with my appendectomy how quickly the scar turned almost invisible. it went from looking like a big ole sewed together chicken neck to almost impossible to detect. my brother's scar went all the way across his gut, thanks to an appendix in the wrong place.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Can I have a shot for my knee?

The vet said maybe in the future.

Josephus once told me the thing is, dogs don't live as long as people. So they can get stuff that causes trouble if taken too many years.
Maybe this is one of those.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:The vet said maybe in the future.

Josephus once told me the thing is, dogs don't live as long as people. So they can get stuff that causes trouble if taken too many years.
Maybe this is one of those.

josephus once told me urine is sterile.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:josephus once told me urine is sterile.

Josephus told all of us urine is sterile.
He said it a billion times.
Why?

It better be true.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Josephus told all of us urine is sterile.
He said it a billion times.
Why?

It better be true.

i'm afraid to ask why "it better be true."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i'm afraid to ask why "it better be true."

I doubt you are afraid.

You changed diapers, didn't you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I doubt you are afraid.

You changed diapers, didn't you?

yes, and washed my hands thoroughly afterwards. i suppose you changed diapers but didn't wash hands after.