dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I think it's the biggest one I've ever had, but still it's considered small. I wanted something that I could fit my kindle keyboard in and if there isn't much else in it, it will just fit an iPad. it has a zipper cell phone pocket on the outside and that was the biggest sell for me. I even find the pattern striking. Here it's the Olive Print I bought it at a small local sporting goods shop and didn't pay as much as they are asking.

Nice. Yeah, bags have gotten HUGE. That is a nice size for a big bag.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Nice. Yeah, bags have gotten HUGE. That is a nice size for a big bag.

Thanks, I think so. It might be a bit bigger than I need most of the time, but being able to hold the kindle is going to be nice.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I think so. It might be a bit bigger than I need most of the time, but being able to hold the kindle is going to be nice.

Glad I had my Kindle in my purse twice today, once at the doctor's office and once waiting for food at a drive-thru.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Glad I had my Kindle in my purse twice today, once at the doctor's office and once waiting for food at a drive-thru.

Yeah, I might start carrying mine more (I was using it as a mousepad for my former laptop - not sure if I will again). I like it for waiting for the bus, and if I'm ever early for anything

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
KtCallista wrote:Thanks, I think so. It might be a bit bigger than I need most of the time, but being able to hold the kindle is going to be nice.

Or you know... room for a real book even...

pooflady

Orcrist42 wrote:Or you know... room for a real book even...

That makes it heavier.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista

Orcrist42 wrote:Or you know... room for a real book even...

Not to books I like to read (which are almost never paperback)

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
KtCallista wrote:Not to books I like to read (which are almost never paperback)

Depends... the YA stuff you like is smaller than your kindle :P

KtCallista

Orcrist42 wrote:Depends... the YA stuff you like is smaller than your kindle :P

Not in hard cover.

pooflady

Daj, please change your avatar back. I don't know who I'm looking at.

Just occurred to me, haven't seen No1 in a while.

Night all. Tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Daj, please change your avatar back. I don't know who I'm looking at.

Night all. Tomorrow.

Better? Gnite.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Daj, please change your avatar back. I don't know who I'm looking at.

Night all. Tomorrow.

I wonder if he got the dog during the woot-off. It was nice knowing when and for how long, kinda miss that.

Goodnight Poof

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I wonder if he got the dog during the woot-off. It was nice knowing when and for how long, kinda miss that.

Goodnight Poof

Nope. He's been a good prisoner.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Gman and later risers

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Glad I had my Kindle in my purse twice today, once at the doctor's office and once waiting for food at a drive-thru.

I bought a new purse over the weekend. Before I paid for it I got my Kindle out of my old purse and made sure it would fit. Good morning! It is 65*! Going for a jog.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning to y'all

Josephus

Night all. Tomorrow.

I saw a tweet of his yesterday. that's all, though.

pooflady

Good morning all.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rusty is at the vet getting his test.
I didn't realize it was a whole day thing.
Mostly checkup before being knocked out and then recovery from being knocked out.

I have the award ceremony dinner tonight.
Might skip it if Rusty isn't home.
We need to leave really early for it. 4pm.
Or son can pick him up.

Could have done this on mom day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hair dyed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Grrrrrr. D-i-l's birthday Sunday. Son told me a while back that he'd email me some ideas. Did he? Of course not. Called him last night. Oh, yeah, she has a wish list at a store online. Since there's no time to order, now I have to go to the damn mall this afternoon.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Grrrrrr. D-i-l's birthday Sunday. Son told me a while back that he'd email me some ideas. Did he? Of course not. Called him last night. Oh, yeah, she has a wish list at a store online. Since there's no time to order, now I have to go to the damn mall this afternoon.

If I were somewhere I could get to a mall I would happily go for you!

Ah the good old days, going to the mall, buying a dollars worth of Hickory Farms sausage and cheese and people watching. Sigh!

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:If I were somewhere I could get to a mall I would happily go for you!

Ah the good old days, going to the mall, buying a dollars worth of Hickory Farms sausage and cheese and people watching. Sigh!

Just discovered the closest mall doesn't have that store. No time to drive 20 miles away. Nor does the closest gift card mall have a gift card for that store. She's going to get money and that annoys me because money kind of evaporates. Groceries, kids need something, that kind of thing.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Just discovered the closest mall doesn't have that store. No time to drive 20 miles away. Nor does the closest gift card mall have a gift card for that store. She's going to get money and that annoys me because money kind of evaporates. Groceries, kids need something, that kind of thing.

Sad to hear. Sounds like son needs a good talking to!

I am lucky being single the only things that take money, besides groceries are the cats - my boys.

KtCallista

jawsuser wrote:If I were somewhere I could get to a mall I would happily go for you!

The mall used to have great people watching when I was in college, not so much anymore. All the cool local shops are gone, so are all the florists. Best Valentine's date ever was this awesome little cart Chinese place at the mall (just this one Asian girl and sometimes her big Hispanic husband) and then sitting by the florists watching all the men run in and out. She had the best homemade sauces, mmmm still miss her cooking!

AZGman

Evenin'.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:Just discovered the closest mall doesn't have that store. No time to drive 20 miles away. Nor does the closest gift card mall have a gift card for that store. She's going to get money and that annoys me because money kind of evaporates. Groceries, kids need something, that kind of thing.

our local grocery stores often have a wide variety of gift cards, usually in the checkout lanes, but sometimes at the customer service place.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:our local grocery stores often have a wide variety of gift cards, usually in the checkout lanes, but sometimes at the customer service place.

We have that as well. Can you get an online gift code and print it and put it in a card? I've done that with Amazon and I know a few other places do it as well.

AZGman

G'night, then.

Josephus

AZGman wrote:G'night, then.

tomorrow, then!

pooflady

Good evening everyone.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poor Rusty came home with a cast on his leg to immobilize it.
3 or 4 weeks of no walks or stairs.
Plus, we are on vacation, so no pet resort. They have play dates, and he isn't allowed to play.

He is going to the vet for our vacation.

If the rest doesn't work, then we move onto either stem cells or operation. Both with more rest.

We never would have agreed to this if I knew. Not on vacation week.

I'm going to talk to the owner tomorrow about skipping this step. The rest didn't work this time. It did the last time. Then when the rest stopped, it came back.

I'm thinking of skipping to the stem cells or operation while he is boarded at the vet.

Gotta ask the vet what he would do.

Don't want to spend all of fall inside with Rusty.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

poor dog

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Poor Rusty came home with a cast on his leg to immobilize it.
3 or 4 weeks of no walks or stairs.
Plus, we are on vacation, so no pet resort. They have play dates, and he isn't allowed to play.

He is going to the vet for our vacation.

If the rest doesn't work, then we move onto either stem cells or operation. Both with more rest.

We never would have agreed to this if I knew. Not on vacation week.

I'm going to talk to the owner tomorrow about skipping this step. The rest didn't work this time. It did the last time. Then when the rest stopped, it came back.

I'm thinking of skipping to the stem cells or operation while he is boarded at the vet.

Gotta ask the vet what he would do.

Don't want to spend all of fall inside with Rusty.

What was the diagnosis?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What was the diagnosis?

There is a tear in his acl .
I don't think rest will do it. It has been since the winter. The first time we kept him off it, it healed up a lot. This time it didn't.

I had no clue they would start a treatment today. It might have been laposcopic today....I didn't ask enough questions.

Well, he wouldn't like us going on vacation no matter what we did.
We feel better if he has a room with a TV and play dates. He would still rather be home with us. Not home with son and a dog walker. Or with us, but alone when we go someplace he can't go.

I have to find out what is involved in harvesting stem cells. I think they just inject them back into the leg.

Have to find out the success rate. Or we will have to pay for that and then the operation too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Kids
Doggies
Old People
jobs
people

all put here to drive you nuts!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Kids
Doggies
Old People
jobs
people

all put here to drive you nuts!!!!

Jobs? You have a job? How did I miss that?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Jobs? You have a job? How did I miss that?

Hubbies job.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hubbies job.

Oh. I was all excited.