neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

I only looked at the cake/shirt designs featured in the Cake Wrecks post, but just in that post, there are two cakes replicating designs by woot artists (Alex Solis and Budi Satria Kwan).

I know this is only tangentially related to shirt.woot, but obviously we're all fans of t-shirt designs and I enjoyed comparing the shirts and cakes, so I decided to post in hopes that someone else would also enjoy it. And maybe a shirt.woot cake contest for our sixth birthday? Sure would save PemberDucky a lot of baking!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kinzoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages kinzoku
neuropsychosocial wrote:I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

I only looked at the cake/shirt designs featured in the Cake Wrecks post, but just in that post, there are two cakes replicating designs by woot artists (Alex Solis and Budi Satria Kwan).

I know this is only tangentially related to shirt.woot, but obviously we're all fans of t-shirt designs and I enjoyed comparing the shirts and cakes, so I decided to post in hopes that someone else would also enjoy it. And maybe a shirt.woot cake contest for our sixth birthday? Sure would save PemberDucky a lot of baking!

That Copycat shirt was initially done for a Woot derby, if I remember right. So it kinda has its origins in Woot.

I guess Woot's version of the Threadcakes thing is when people would carve pumpkins for Halloween based on Woot shirts? I'd love to see a lot more creative projects based on shirt designs, it's really fun to see.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
neuropsychosocial wrote:I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

Wow, thats some pretty awesome cake making right there. Also... Im now really super hungry >.> *Sigh*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 929 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ha, great site. I still remember the little carrot jockeys. LOL.

Thanks for sharing!

Holiday Returns Policy Check out our new FLASH DEALS
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn

Argh...I so want to take some classes and get better at decorating!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Holy.....

Awesome!

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Those are some amazing cakes.

I'm just hanging out, really.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I once again accidentally logged onto an old RSS feed today and discovered that Cake Wrecks posted a Sunday Sweet: Threadcakes, Part II. In related shirtcake news, Threadcakes posted the 2012 winners.

I wish we could do a similar creative contest. Maybe just "creative endeavors inspired by woot shirts" - it could be like the shirt.woot State Fair!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)