neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

I only looked at the cake/shirt designs featured in the Cake Wrecks post, but just in that post, there are two cakes replicating designs by woot artists (Alex Solis and Budi Satria Kwan).

I know this is only tangentially related to shirt.woot, but obviously we're all fans of t-shirt designs and I enjoyed comparing the shirts and cakes, so I decided to post in hopes that someone else would also enjoy it. And maybe a shirt.woot cake contest for our sixth birthday? Sure would save PemberDucky a lot of baking!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
neuropsychosocial wrote:I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

I only looked at the cake/shirt designs featured in the Cake Wrecks post, but just in that post, there are two cakes replicating designs by woot artists (Alex Solis and Budi Satria Kwan).

I know this is only tangentially related to shirt.woot, but obviously we're all fans of t-shirt designs and I enjoyed comparing the shirts and cakes, so I decided to post in hopes that someone else would also enjoy it. And maybe a shirt.woot cake contest for our sixth birthday? Sure would save PemberDucky a lot of baking!

That Copycat shirt was initially done for a Woot derby, if I remember right. So it kinda has its origins in Woot.

I guess Woot's version of the Threadcakes thing is when people would carve pumpkins for Halloween based on Woot shirts? I'd love to see a lot more creative projects based on shirt designs, it's really fun to see.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
neuropsychosocial wrote:I haven't followed Cake Wrecks in a few years, but I accidentally logged into an old RSS reader today and - surprise! Cake Wrecks is featuring "Threadcakes," a contest in which bakers attempt to replicate designs of Threadless t-shirts.

Wow, thats some pretty awesome cake making right there. Also... Im now really super hungry >.> *Sigh*

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ha, great site. I still remember the little carrot jockeys. LOL.

Thanks for sharing!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Argh...I so want to take some classes and get better at decorating!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Holy.....

Awesome!

move along

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Those are some amazing cakes.

I'm just hanging out, really.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I once again accidentally logged onto an old RSS feed today and discovered that Cake Wrecks posted a Sunday Sweet: Threadcakes, Part II. In related shirtcake news, Threadcakes posted the 2012 winners.

I wish we could do a similar creative contest. Maybe just "creative endeavors inspired by woot shirts" - it could be like the shirt.woot State Fair!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)