WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bookworm Bonanza!

We're big on books. So big that we're slapping some of our best book-based designs on totes, tank tops, lightweight hoodies, and tees! Check out (in the library sense) these designs today, but hurry! Come Sunday they'll be gone!

Quality Posts

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

Just bought the Existential Whale tote bag, my wife and I both have the shirt, so this was a no-brainer.

I would have bought another copy of the shirt if it were available though.

I really wish that when Woot offers hoodies/totes/aprons/mugs etc. that the matching t-shirts would also be available.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Sad, I like Funny Things are Everywhere, but I don't wear tanks, and I have no need for a tote. Looks like another side-sale with nothing I'll be buying. Meh, saving me a few bucks this week woot?

lightsider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightsider
computermd82 wrote:Just bought the Existential Whale tote bag, my wife and I both have the shirt, so this was a no-brainer.

I would have bought another copy of the shirt if it were available though.

I really wish that when Woot offers hoodies/totes/aprons/mugs etc. that the matching t-shirts would also be available.

I just wish they'd have more v-neck shirts available. I can get away with v-necks at work- not regular t's though. *sigh* and I REALLY like this sale too :\

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807

Why isn't the Witch from "Dig That Cat’s ‘Fro" white, or at least blue, instead of green? I know that's kind of the default color for witches, but she's an ice queen, so a frosty color would suit her better.

Also, shirt.woot, why you make me spend money? I spent a bunch of money getting perfect Christmas gifts in the side sale last week, and now I'm nearly broke as it is for this week, and I'm a bibliophile! :'(

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes

Says they English teacher who wears tees and jeans to work every day, "Just take all my monies, woot."

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

"why am I here?" asks the extra "s" in "ExistentSial.

edit: Yay! Fixed!

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

Really wish the tanktops were sized bigger. They run small

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

Books-No Electricity Required would have been perfect as a tote. Also, for future reference, I would LOVE a Funny Things Are Everywhere coffee mug.

"Existentsial"?

datapike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages datapike

Really wish the cat in the hat "Funny things are everywhere" one was a shirt. I don't know if it ever was and I missed it, but I buy all of Ramyb's designs. Really don't need a tote and not a fan of tank tops. Woot needs to offer these designs on everything when they do this. Or at least have tshirts of them all...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I emailed the link off to my two nieces that teach elementary school.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

evilqueen58

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilqueen58

I swear, I glanced at one of the designs and thought it said "Cloak of Virginity"....

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

Why do we never see the v-necks anymore? Make more of those maybe? Please? (actually it would be really cool if you had a derby where all the designs were intended to be put on v-necks)

silverpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverpearl

Has anyone ordered a tank? How is the fit?

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
computermd82 wrote:

Agreed! Also, still no more lady tanks? Come on woot, I'm dyin' here!

Probably still getting the Seuss one. Cause it's Seuss.

Warning, the unisex tanks seriously do run small. I wear a lady's medium in most of everything, but get 2x for sleep shirts and such. My 2x unisez tank is loose, but just barely. Would definitely size up if you want a good fit.

Edit: nm on the Suess shirt. That cat's face is just off to me. :/

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey

You know, when woot does these sales they should do a like "buy 2, get 1 free" or 50% off or something. I like too many of them to decide Usually when that happens I wait till the end of the week to decide and then miss the sale altogether

SJPadbury

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SJPadbury

I see that the Books - No Electricity Required is on Silver now, instead of Gray. Does anyone have an actual picture of a Silver shirt from woot so I can see what this color looks like in real life? I had the shirt in Gray, but unfortunately got a hole in it and am thinking of replacing it.

nolly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nolly

"Book Wyrm" reminds me of Sue Dawe's "Priceless Treasure": http://www.kathyscottlicensing.com/photos.php?ph=464

Thinaeariel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thinaeariel
whirlygirly wrote:Books-No Electricity Required would have been perfect as a tote. Also, for future reference, I would LOVE a Funny Things Are Everywhere coffee mug.

Agreed, I really want this as a tote!!

alleycat2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alleycat2007

I wish they had brought back Some BBQ. I bought one for my mom when it came out and it was accidentally bleached a few weeks ago.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

Still don't understand why all the designs cannot be on tshirts. The tanks do not fit well at all. I'm even willing to try a V-neck if they keep them on AA. Anyway, there is nothing for me here, but there would have been if the right designs were on the right shirts.

jjnargan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjnargan

This is the first time I've been seriously tempted by the hoodies. Any notes on how they wear?

SirGecko

silverpearl wrote:Has anyone ordered a tank? How is the fit?

Tanks run small. I usually get medium or sometimes large for shirts. Got a medium tank and the chest is on the tighter side. This would be fine except the shoulder straps are a little thin and they have too much through the waist. (so the shirt fit snug on the chest but then was baggy at the waist)

Ordered another one in large a week ago I think though it hasn't shipped yet so I can't say if sizing up will solve the issue.

Any thought to printing some muscle t's woot? I'd buy one of the monkey game designs on that. (also I can't be more pro-vneck for future sales than I am already. Seriously the more things that aren't crew necks the better.)

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995

Iron or Gold Lightweight Hoodie-- why does the dragon have 4 heads??????

Seriously, not sure I can buy it wrong. The earlier t-shirt http://shirt.woot.com/offers/iron-or-gold has the correct six heads (3 heads mirrored).

limegreensocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limegreensocks

I *LOVE* the "world domination for cats" print but would never wear a tank top. I am brand new here today and not sure I will come back if you can only get certain things for a short amount of time and only in whatever option (tank/tee/tote) someone feels like offering. Very strange system. Perhaps teens, or someone with loads of free time to surf, could keep up with this type of sale or website, but I am a busy working wife and mom-- love the prints here but not liking the system.

limegreensocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limegreensocks

I *LOVE* the "world domination for cats" print but would never wear a tank top. I am brand new here today and not sure I will come back if you can only get certain things for a short amount of time and only in whatever option (tank/tee/tote) someone feels like offering. Very strange system. Perhaps teens, or someone with loads of free time to surf, could keep up with this type of sale or website, but I am a busy working wife and mom-- love the prints here but not liking the system.

SirGecko

LadyofRohan2995 wrote:Iron or Gold Lightweight Hoodie-- why does the dragon have 4 heads??????

Seriously, not sure I can buy it wrong. The earlier t-shirt http://shirt.woot.com/offers/iron-or-gold has the correct six heads (3 heads mirrored).

That is really weird. I can't fathom why they changed the design. Was thinking about that hoodie but I also can't really see purchasing it with a two headed dragon...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

SirGecko wrote:That is really weird. I can't fathom why they changed the design. Was thinking about that hoodie but I also can't really see purchasing it with a two headed dragon...

This is my mistake. Originally the design had four heads total. We were very close to print, then decided to add the extra heads as we felt it was more accurate to the story. Unfortunately when I went to create the sales images, I grabbed the original four headed design files by mistake. I expect, and will verify first thing tomorrow morning, that we will print the design as previously printed. I'm sorry for the confusion. The design is awesome, and I definitely want to make sure we get it right for you guys.

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995
tgentry wrote:This is my mistake. Originally the design had four heads total. We were very close to print, then decided to add the extra heads as we felt it was more accurate to the story. Unfortunately when I went to create the sales images, I grabbed the original four headed design files by mistake. I expect, and will verify first thing tomorrow morning, that we will print the design as previously printed. I'm sorry for the confusion. The design is awesome, and I definitely want to make sure we get it right for you guys.

Hey, cool, glad you made that change originally! Much cooler this way.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Whaaaaaaaaaa I was really hoping for a never give a narwhal a library card as I dripped something stainy on mine and it got stained.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

eillwony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eillwony

I love these, but the one that should be that isn't is the READ shirt (letters made up of pictures). I would love a tote or a hoodie with that on it!

janeser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages janeser

I was hoping to come on here and find out how the fit was on the hoodies. Alas, I only find a person wondering the same thing. I want one, but not if it's tight on the arms like the style is now. That drives me crazy.

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan

I'm thinking that the prices are a little high... especially considering this is Woot.

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
SirGecko wrote:Why do we never see the v-necks anymore? Make more of those maybe? Please? (actually it would be really cool if you had a derby where all the designs were intended to be put on v-necks)

That would absolutely be a "give Woot! all my money" derby for me.

jericia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jericia

I wish the Existentsial Whale came in a t-shirt! My son loves that whale!

duhmann2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duhmann2001

I'm hoping that the regular weight hoodies make a reappearance.

mckeeganj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckeeganj2

I'd like to jump on board the "how do you size a hoodie" and "More V necks/Coffee mugs" trains, please.

I'm generally a WM, so I got a unisex Large hoodie and figured I could stick it in the dryer if it looked too baggy...

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
eillwony wrote:I love these, but the one that should be that isn't is the READ shirt (letters made up of pictures). I would love a tote or a hoodie with that on it!

Agreed. I would love another READ t-shirt, and I'd seriously consider a tote or mug too.

I can't resist Forget the Toys, I Want the Moon for my son. I would love that one as a poster print, to go with the Reading Rocket Ship already hanging in his room.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

tgentry, big shout-out for the clarification on the Iron or Gold LW hoodie. It's not relevant to me, but I've called out woot staff for being uncommunicative about some of the recent problems, so I want to acknowledge staff and offer thanks when there's a detailed and useful response. Thanks!

jkiernan wrote:I'm thinking that the prices are a little high... especially considering this is Woot.

I love my one wearable LW hoodie - but I absolutely agree that the price is too high. As much as I adore its weight/fit/utility, it's not worth $35. At the same time, someone posted a link to the retail site for Alternative Apparel and they sell for something absurd, like $52.

mckeeganj2 wrote:I'm generally a WM, so I got a unisex Large hoodie and figured I could stick it in the dryer if it looked too baggy...

Do you wear an AA WM or an Anvil WM? There's a detailed post in a previous Woot Plus thread, complete with pictures, from a woman who wears AA WM/Anvil MS/LW hoodie S. (Thanks to vivbot for those pictures!) If you wear an Anvil WM and would like a comparison picture of S LW hoodie versus Anvil WM, I can track down my poor Peculiar Discovery that arrived on Anvil and take a picture.

My instinct, either way, is that a L LW hoodie would be fairly large on a WM, but it may also depend on how you want it to fit. I've found that the sleeves are fairly tight, as others have noted, and it fits relatively tightly through the body. Personally, I LOVE that fit, because I essentially use it as a substitute for a long-sleeve shirt that I can take on/off at will and I want it to fit tightly, unlike a heavyweight hoodie. I like my heavyweight hoodies to have lots of extra room in them and be all slouchy 'n stuff.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

deaaqua

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaaqua

It would be awesome if these also came as some kind of Kindle cover form too. I would love "A Novel Idea" cover or sleeve.