3%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie

Was wondering when someone would think up a GoT alcohol shirt.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
pilotwillie wrote:Was wondering when someone would think up a GoT alcohol shirt.

I don't get it.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9

It looks good, but since I haven't read the book or seen the show, I don't get it.

I don't know.

scouterouter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scouterouter

It would make more sense if it was a black shirt...

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan

The red eyes are uber creepy, seriously makes the wolf pop off the shirt. Great detail.

lonelypond

quality posts: 414 Private Messages lonelypond

Excellent coloring but I don't want to start conversations I can't finish because I haven't read the book.

kbwoof15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kbwoof15
pilotwillie wrote:Was wondering when someone would think up a GoT alcohol shirt.

there are probably 3-4 different beer/ale themed GoT shirts out there - Baratheon, Stark,etc.

This shirt is far from unique.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

I prefer Gollum's Precious Pale Ale myself. It has a nice taste and the bottles never leave a ring behind on the table. It rules them all I tell ya!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807

I'm a bit infuriated with the band member/person/thing from the write-up. They should be beaten with a Hipster/Irony Hammer for not actually knowing any of the source material for their snobbishness...

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
kbwoof15 wrote:there are probably 3-4 different beer/ale themed GoT shirts out there - Baratheon, Stark,etc.

This shirt is far from unique.

I think they meant that someone here on woot.com should have created a GoT-based alcohol shirt already...

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

mdmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdmoose

I needed a good shirt and a good brew to keep me warm... since winter is coming.

toothpastecosby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toothpastecosby
mdmoose wrote:I needed a good shirt and a good brew to keep me warm... since winter is coming.

I see what you did there

mgmontgomery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mgmontgomery

Minor nitpick - I normally see alcohol percentage listed as "% ABV" (Alcohol By Volume). Don't think I've ever seen "alc".

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
mgmontgomery wrote:Minor nitpick - I normally see alcohol percentage listed as "% ABV" (Alcohol By Volume). Don't think I've ever seen "alc".

I know I'd seen it, but figured it was European. However, all the examples here seem to use alc/volume, rather than ABV. New or more transparent labeling maybe?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

I'm torn. This should be a pale lager instead of a pale ale.

Ales are a warm fermentation process, while lagers are a cold fermentation process.

MrEff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrEff

Here is another awesome one.
http://www.604republic.com/prod/dire_brew_t_shirt

this artist also did a Black Stag Stout shirt.

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

For a moment, when I saw the tiny thumbnail pic on the main page, I thought someone finally made a Clan Ghost Beer shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Lovely illustration, that is one direwolf I wouldn't want to get in a staring contest with.

themadjaywoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themadjaywoman

It's not tv - it's HBO!

In all seriousness, this is a beautiful graphic, well done.

"There has been no great talent without an element of madness."
--Seneca

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

It's hard to crack wise without spoiling, so I'll just say that's an incredibly awesome shirt, marrying my favorite type of beer with perhaps my favorite character in the entire saga because let's face it, Ghost is awesome, and is the one thing truly missing from Game of Thrones on HBO.

Now my white ale begins.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I just think it's cool that Dire Wolves actually existed.

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

Hmmmm... I don't watch much TV. Prefer to waste my time on the internet. Cool design, but I have 100% no idea what show the shirt refers to. Of course, I'm the type of person who'd wear the shirt and start a conversation by saying just that.

ChronoSquall14

lola4028 wrote:Hmmmm... I don't watch much TV. Prefer to waste my time on the internet. Cool design, but I have 100% no idea what show the shirt refers to. Of course, I'm the type of person who'd wear the shirt and start a conversation by saying just that.

Well, you know, you could always read the books... Ghost is hardly on the TV show, or as I always say, is often there, but with his eyes closed and his nose buried in the snow.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Question for the artist: You have a fantastic name. Do people ever call you "Bear Slayer", and if not, why not?

MrRocks

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MrRocks
haxrox wrote:Question for the artist: You have a fantastic name. Do people ever call you "Bear Slayer", and if not, why not?

Ha! Actually, I sometimes do get called that, but you misspelled it. It's BEER Slayer.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
cyberpenguin wrote:I'm torn. This should be a pale lager instead of a pale ale.

Ales are a warm fermentation process, while lagers are a cold fermentation process.

Yes, but that's not a known style. A Belgian White Ale is quite common (and delicious. Mmm, Hoegaarden.)

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle
orabbit wrote:Yes, but that's not a known style. A Belgian White Ale is quite common (and delicious. Mmm, Hoegaarden.)

Beautiful design, lovely art work. Im not really an ale drinker, and I've yet to see an "ale label tshirt" that I would personally wear. However whenever I see them I do always think they are clever and usually very well put together. This one is most definitely no exception. Great work

jeffhannah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffhannah
scouterouter wrote:It would make more sense if it was a black shirt...

I can see it going either way really. Sure, the night's watch wears a lot of black... but ghost is a white direwolf and the wall is a giant block of ice covered with tons and tons of white snow.

If I were to suggest any critism it would be having the phrase "the north" on the design. I would prefered something a little more specific such as the shadow tower, castle black or eastwatch-by-the-sea. But that's just the ASOIAF nerd in me...

robertwooddellweaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertwooddellweaver
orabbit wrote:Yes, but that's not a known style. A Belgian White Ale is quite common (and delicious. Mmm, Hoegaarden.)

umm, Weiss, a Kolsch. Wikipedia notes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6lsch_%28beer%29 it is making a comeback.

NuAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NuAngel

I think I would like this more if it weren't for the wolf. I don't want to look like every other '90's D&D playing, Josta drinking, pony-tail having, 35 year old virgin (if I described someone here exactly, I'm sorry. But you can regain a little piece of your manhood by going to a strip club, now. Right now).

This one time, I wooted off in public.

cyberpenguin

Don't let Coors, Budweiser, Miller, Beck's, Michelob, Pilsner, Busch, Rolling Rock, Land Shark, Heineken, Foster, or Lablatt hear that. They might have to do more advertising to get the word out about pale lagers.

And the Bavarians might be hurt to think no one knows of their Oktoberfestbier. They should really start a celebration for that.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

That beer is a tasty bastard!

md2020

quality posts: 0 Private Messages md2020
robertwooddellweaver wrote:umm, Weiss, a Kolsch. Wikipedia notes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6lsch_%28beer%29 it is making a comeback.

Just to nitpick a little more, Kolsch isn't a lager either. It's fermented with ale yeast at warmer temperatures and then cold conditioned (lager-ed). Sometime lager yeast is added for bottling or during conditioning but that doesn't make it a lager.

ChronoSquall14

I love how this shirt gets people talking about both A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones AND beer.

cyberpenguin

ChronoSquall14 wrote:I love how this shirt gets people talking about both A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones AND beer.

Well, I think this just goes to show the trouble that Snow Brewing has had since Eddard died.

Until then they were brewing their own cave lagers, but since he died they outsourced their production to King's Landing, switched over to ales, and now they're just slapping their label on a Crownlands import.

Nozitina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nozitina

I really want this shirt T.T to bad I can't buy Woot Shirts anymore because Guys smalls are too big, Kids are too short and the new women's sizes are like a tent because they're basically made for fat people now.

mfelske

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfelske

I've got a ton of wine woot purchases and a few regular woots, but up until today I was a shirt woot virgin. No longer.

pe5t1lence

quality posts: 7 Private Messages pe5t1lence
Thirdbase9 wrote:It looks good, but since I haven't read the book or seen the show, I don't get it.

Not much to get, just a visual pun like his other shirts [not that I am complaining, I am collecting them all].

The wolf is named Ghost, who is owned by Jon Snow (who knows nothing BTW). They live in The North and defend the realms of men behind The Wall (in the background). Jon's bastard sword Longclaw is the partition.

extrafancy1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extrafancy1

Really, you don't want to be friends with people who don't get your shirt.

It is known.