WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Derby #262: Gold closed for voting at noon today. Three of these designs will go on sale one at a time over the next three days - the rest will go down in near-miss history. Click on each picture below to see that entry's page, with a fuller view of the design. The final nine, in no particular order...

Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Rose by adkid
Molten Phoenix by anemality
Elemental Thievery by mutantninja
Golden Ratio by expo01
Flight of the Golden Fish by rasabi
Everything is Golden by paxdomino
From Gilded Ashes by anemality
14 Karat Gold by DianaSprinkle
An Inevitable Fate by wirdou

Come back tonight at midnight to see (and, of course, buy) our first-place winner. Then do the same thing Saturday and Sunday morning. Please? Thanks for Derbying!

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber

So... are the three shirts still only chosen from those in the fog?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
shadownumber wrote:So... are the three shirts still only chosen from those in the fog?

No. Special mention was made of the ability to choose shirts that maybe got the design up a little later and therefore couldn't get up to speed with shirts that went up closer to the derby launch.

I think kharma did a wonderful job outside of the fog, but the artist community did well overall. The theme didn't seem that interesting to me, but the artwork that came out of it was great.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
shadownumber wrote:So... are the three shirts still only chosen from those in the fog?

Somebody forgot to fix the auto text at the top of the page. I give it two more derbies before someone gets around to fixing it.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

offspeedkills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages offspeedkills

The two phoenix shirts are the same???

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
offspeedkills wrote:The two phoenix shirts are the same???

'From Gilded Ashes' has a brush.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

Yeah, sorry, some people liked the shirt without the brush better and I thought I'd submit it and WHOOPS I GUESS PEOPLE LIKED BOTH WHO'DATHUNK.

(no really I was surprised)

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
anemality wrote:Yeah, sorry, some people liked the shirt without the brush better and I thought I'd submit it and WHOOPS I GUESS PEOPLE LIKED BOTH WHO'DATHUNK.

(no really I was surprised)

I want the one WITHOUT the brush!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bounty42 wrote:Somebody forgot to fix the auto text at the top of the page. I give it two more derbies before someone gets around to fixing it.

Good point. I emailed the writer to let him know. Thanks for point it out!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bounty42

msj11 wrote:I want the one WITHOUT the brush!

THEN GO BUY IT NOW!

OR, as we of the Numbers perfer. Wait till tomarrow and buy it. You pay 25% more for having waited, but the Artist who made that beauty gets 200% more money for the sale.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

ThunderThighs wrote:Good point. I emailed the writer to let him know. Thanks for point it out!

The 2 Derby estimate included a Forum Staff member noticing us noticing it. If there hadn't be that I would have given it 5 derbies. Just like the 'box-text' on the reply window is still broken.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Well I guess the second and third place being picked by people instead of votes prevents both phoenixes from winning.

okac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okac

now its all left to bass... I may cry if I'm not able to buy that bunny shirt tomorrow... I'm that pathetic.

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir
okac wrote:now its all left to bass... I may cry if I'm not able to buy that bunny shirt tomorrow... I'm that pathetic.

Same here. I'll be devastated if it's not the bunny shirt tomorrow.

okac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages okac

so so depressing

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir

Well the bunny shirt didn't print...I'm going to go cry a river now.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
mirdir wrote:Well the bunny shirt didn't print...I'm going to go cry a river now.

How in the hell is churchill rejected because he is a celebrity..... not !! ANd some friggin pic of shakespeare is still there...." Oh My God" these people are crazy !! AND the queen is still there !!

bounty42

deborah11565 wrote:How in the hell is churchill rejected because he is a celebrity..... not !! ANd some friggin pic of shakespeare is still there...." Oh My God" these people are crazy !! AND the queen is still there !!

One is a PICTURE of Churchill, the otehr is a CHARACTATURE of Shakespeare.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
deborah11565 wrote:How in the hell is churchill rejected because he is a celebrity..... not !! ANd some friggin pic of shakespeare is still there...." Oh My God" these people are crazy !! AND the queen is still there !!

Agreed! There should be consistency! If "England's Finest" is rejected for sexual innuendo, then "What?" should be too!

bounty42

cdrewlow wrote:Agreed! There should be consistency! If "England's Finest" is rejected for sexual innuendo, then "What?" should be too!

They did, he resubmitted after the last of the Rejectionator waves.
What ?
This is the bigger issue, we see 2, maybe 3, passes by the rejectionator a week. And then I think they only check the Tattles, and the top 20.

This means if you see a Design that needs Rejecting TATTLE ON IT! A shirt with 1 tattle might not get an immediate reaction, but if they're seeing 4-7 messages about the shirt, it may prompt someone to stop in on the Derby and swing the BanHammer around a bit.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
bounty42 wrote:They did, he resubmitted after the last of the Rejectionator waves.
What ?
This is the bigger issue, we see 2, maybe 3, passes by the rejectionator a week. And then I think they only check the Tattles, and the top 20.

This means if you see a Design that needs Rejecting TATTLE ON IT! A shirt with 1 tattle might not get an immediate reaction, but if they're seeing 4-7 messages about the shirt, it may prompt someone to stop in on the Derby and swing the BanHammer around a bit.

I understand not rejecting shirts after Tuesday in the old derby format, but now that winning shirts can hypothetically be entered at the last minute, maybe they need to do one last pass on Wednesday to weed out any problem designs that the guest editor might choose.

bounty42

cdrewlow wrote:I understand not rejecting shirts after Tuesday in the old derby format, but now that winning shirts can hypothetically be entered at the last minute, maybe they need to do one last pass on Wednesday to weed out any problem designs that the guest editor might choose.

IN reality there's not a chance a rejection shirt will get picked by the people who do the rejecting, but I agree. I think there should be 2-3 passes a day by the Rejectionator, and I think there should be more than a auto-text reason for rejection, since we look to rejections to refine our own entries. Like I said in the new format announcement "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."