deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: What ?

Welcome back.... !

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: The Hero We Need

Hello! This idea just popped into my head and I couldn't not do it. It's a bit late, but hope y'all like it!

MadMac625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MadMac625
Re: London Fog

Simple yet effective. It pulls off the England style in a very clean way and should look nice on a shirt. You have my vote!

theflaneur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theflaneur
Re: English Muffin v2

very cute

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:Welcome back.... !

Wasn't this resubmitted ??

deborah11565

resubmitted !!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Downton Abbey Road

Thanks Archiwiz! Originally it was the top side only , but the composition felt empty and then it hit me to do the downstairs too.

Thanks Walmazan! I'm very sure yours would have been awesome! I appreciate the kind words!

Thank you Aerc712! I'm glad you like it!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Let it Tea..

Too cute!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
deborah11565 wrote:Welcome back.... !

Thanks... I've been hiding in my tree house.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

This is easily one of my favorite designs from this derby. I am so glad you took the time to finish it and enter it in the derby.

The coloring was great and personally, I like a good pop culture design. I'm also a big fan of Sherlock and Batman so it was hard for me to resist.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
mrwednesday wrote:Don't worry I've got lots of love for it. It's my overall favorite in the derby. I love the patterns and style and I hope it prints.

Appreciate it.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
qetza wrote:Thanks Archiwiz! Originally it was the top side only , but the composition felt empty and then it hit me to do the downstairs too.

The downstairs element is what really sold me on it. Abbey Road was a popular idea for designs (as expected), but the way you used it and combined it with the Downton Abbey elements was really well executed.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Re: English Submarine

This is very easily my favorite design this derby: subtly English/allusive and, out of context, elegantly absurdist. The texturing really compliments the simplicity and the tri-colour scheme is one of my favorite combos. Definitely GMV; I'd love to wear this.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
daddax wrote:if that was silver metallic and gold metallic ink this shirt would go from awesome to epic

I agree completely

runnerfrog13

axphw1 wrote:Nerd note- Jean-Luc Picard is French. So, this shirt is very inappropriate for this derby.

That said I still love and voted for it.

Counter nerd-note: If Jean Juc Picard is french, why on earth doesn't he speak with a french accent instead of a mildly english one? hmm?
(that's rhetorical, I know the actor is english)

sthompson238

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sthompson238

Thanks! I thought a simple design would work best for this idea.

runnerfrog13

roysterer wrote:Inappropriate!

How so? I admit, I'm not a fan of the design myself, but I don't see anything worse than the various cannibal rabbit shirts.

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
Re: Easy Now Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

runnerfrog13

alinairigan wrote:I hope this makes it to print! If not i seriously wish to buy this anyway. Can it work that way? I'm not sure.

You can't submit to any other tshirt site or print the shirt for a period of time after entering in a derby, it's something like 60 days?

kronie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kronie
Re: Hearty Tea

O.O

runnerfrog13

Re: UK for breakfast

I think it would look more bacon-y if you finished off the ends of the strips instead of having them fade into halftones. You would still keep the feel of the flag, but it would be more clearly bacon instead of Scribble-Flag

runnerfrog13

deborah11565 wrote:Huh... what ?

It's a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy joke. In a nutshell, there's this super amazing computer that is designed to come up with The Answer (which is 42, by the way) but by the time it does, then the problem is, what was the question?

runnerfrog13

pbuonocore wrote:meh still the UK couldn't bring myself to nitpick and leave him out, plus he died in Cambridge ;)

Wait, how is New Zealand still the UK? They're on opposite sides of the world!

runnerfrog13

FlyingMouse365 wrote:Changed the red Sonic to Knuckle.

Oh good! I thought you were trying and failing to make it look like Knuckle the first time, hehe, glad to see this change

runnerfrog13

harantula wrote:Well, here you got the first design we submit here at shirtwoot!

I like it except the teeth... Granted I'm not from England but it seems like a rude stereotype. Also I don't really understand the puddle of water?

The design is really great though, nice lines, very eye catching! I like the colors too. Fun idea to put some iconic things into the hat of the soldier. The light colored outline looks really great and helps it all stand apart from the shirt color well.

I'd suggest resubbing a second version with a simple closed mouth, see how it does. Welcome to shirt.woot!

runnerfrog13

Re: Easy Now Fuzzy Little Man Peach

I think this would look better on a different color shirt, like grass green or cranberry. The more I think about it, the more I've decided it's because of the leaf. Perhaps if the leaf wasn't such a bright grass green itself, it wouldn't clash with the olive. The peach color could go fine with any of the colors.

EDIT: I really like this design, it'so simple and clean. The black outline feels abrupt, and I think if you used a darker olive instead it would give you the same outline effect but ease the transition from shirt to design. Or, alternately, use that light brown you already have outlined the hair with, and make it thicker around the outside and use it instead of the black. Best of luck!

runnerfrog13

lyonscc wrote:Good luck! If you look at my submission history, I've learned all sorts of ways submissions can be rejected. It's frustrating as all get-out, but you eventually (kind of) get the hang of it.

Yeah, it can be hard to figure out what all the unwritten rules are. There's a really good discussion of quite a few of them here, it's well worth your time to check it out - http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

Keep submitting

runnerfrog13

This looks only very slightly different than the original, about the only thing different might be the "no photos."

pbuonocore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbuonocore
runnerfrog13 wrote:Wait, how is New Zealand still the UK? They're on opposite sides of the world!

New Zealand was a colony of the UK until the middle of the 19th century. Elizabeth II is still recognized as their monarch.

Rutherford also had citizenship in the UK, spent a large part of his schooling/career there and died there.

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

As an Australian living in Hawaii - This shirt is perfect! Sign me up for 2!

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
walmazan wrote:Great work Quetza! and funny thing: I was working on a similar concept for downtown abbey, but I'm so glad I didn't finish it because I love so much how do you do the characters. +1

I was wondering what happened to yours!

abailey3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abailey3
Re: Second Breakfast

I love this shirt, and would buy it if possible. But if the sticks are meant to resemble the hands of a clock, shouldn't they be reversed? They seem to point at 1:50pm and second breakfast should come before 11am, yes?

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Fighting for the Crown

great energy

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

drwoktor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drwoktor
Re: Tea Time

<3 i'd definitely buy this

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

Thanks for the comments, all!

j5 wrote:I do like the photo-realistic sword/inkwell in this version better than the one in your original iteration.

It's a good thing (for my sleep schedule) I had most of the dragon ready beforehand because the shading on the bottle was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be...

redwingsilvertail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwingsilvertail
runnerfrog13 wrote:I agree completely

Thirded. (Is that even a word or did I make it up?)

yodal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yodal
Re: Full House

would be awesome to wear to a poker night

evilaelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evilaelf

I've been hoping for a good Sherlock shirt from this derby. This is the only shirt I have voted for.

jmplttlchldn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmplttlchldn

Would buy it in a second if it was on any color but white. I do not wear white shirts.

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

Hahaha! So funny :D