Re: London Calling

Cool, I love it!

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Tea Time

Yay. I want it!!!

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
abailey3 wrote:I love this shirt, and would buy it if possible. But if the sticks are meant to resemble the hands of a clock, shouldn't they be reversed? They seem to point at 1:50pm and second breakfast should come before 11am, yes?

GMV, for sure (what with the Peregrin Took reference and all), but the hands should definitely be reversed before a print. Aside from that, this is pure, unadulterated win.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Rule 42 v2

you know sometimes i wish they would tell us why the heck they cant run stuff B^(

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
orabbit wrote:What do you get when you cross Twiggy with a Gorgon? Modusa!

Madonna?

I don't know.

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Ahem. "I know of no reason..."

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Re: What ?

still love it!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: The Hero We Need

Love this. Big Ben and Sherlock.

bernikids1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bernikids1

Batman is called the "World's Greatest Detective", but that only works when Sherlock isn't on the same stage. This is a fantastic, and natural, blend.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: London Calling

Thanks, autumnseraphim and dijay!

thebaldwinboy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thebaldwinboy
VaneWimsey wrote:Why Iago? Othello doesn't take place in Denmark. If it were Hamlet v. Laertes, I'd buy it in a snap.

Also, the globe wouldn't have a show at 8pm. It would be dark outside, they can't do a show in the globe in the dark. If it was at the Blackfriars, I'd buy it in a snap.
(My wife has two master's degrees in Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature....)

dontkickbaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dontkickbaby
dijay wrote:We don't want coffee, this .. is ... England!!!

I hope you like it ;)

I want it. Like right now.

speedlazer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: Hearty Tea

This is, perhaps, the most charmingly original design I've ever seen. I wish I could hang it on my refrigerator. +1.

popemegaforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popemegaforce

Really hoping this makes it through. This design is just downright amazing.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
paaiyan wrote:Ahem. "I know of no reason..."

I think both are valid. See also.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
runnerfrog13 wrote:Counter nerd-note: If Jean Juc Picard is french, why on earth doesn't he speak with a french accent instead of a mildly english one? hmm?
(that's rhetorical, I know the actor is english)

Counter-counter-nerd:

memory Alpha wrote:Despite Picard having been born in France, he had a distinct English accent. According to TNG: "Code of Honor", by the 24th century, French was considered an archaic language
move along

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
abailey3 wrote:I love this shirt, and would buy it if possible. But if the sticks are meant to resemble the hands of a clock, shouldn't they be reversed? They seem to point at 1:50pm and second breakfast should come before 11am, yes?

This is why I love Woot, voters don't miss a detail

Yes, I thought of that. I tried it but the design didn't looked balanced, it was all pointing to the left side and didn't worked.

I highlighted "Second Breakfast" because I believe it is the funniest part of the design, but it could be time for any of them!

Thanks for commenting

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Elizabeth Tower

Clever idea, good execution, and blue skies all part of the fantasy. Hope it prints, it's nice and cheeky.

taioko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taioko
Re: Tea Time

Amazing! It'd totally buy a couple. :D

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
tjost wrote:Nice, reminds me of mine. Though I must say yours is more fierce

Darn. Sorry about that, tjost. And I thought I was being original.

omarfeliciano

Re: The Battles

Very well drawn!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
L3g3ndQ wrote:you know sometimes i wish they would tell us why the heck they cant run stuff B^(

As a general rule, "We can't run this" equates to "We don't want to get sued" and is typically applied to designs that run too close to comfort to a copyrighted or licensed property.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

thanks for the advice!the water down his feet is just because in England the rain is everywhere, and we will follow your instructions to make the design better, we are just working on it!

what about the background?better in red?let´s see!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harantula/499335636750340

thanks again!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Bungalow Bill

This is simply charming. Love the shading and the retro feel. It's the attention to small details - ie, the stitching on Bill's coat - that really sell me on this one.

harantula

Awesome colours!! so it's really original :D

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Thirdbase9 wrote:Madonna?

I was thinking Molly Shanon

move along

harantula

I like the funny mix between the oldfashionable content of the message and the new hip-hop style of the typescript!

gummalao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummalao
mjc613 wrote:This is a great idea, but since it is hard to read on the screen, it probably won't print very well. Have you tried a dark or larger font to see how it will do?

Yeah, re-working the image a bit, there's not real fonts or anything to it though, this is all hand drawn and scanned into a computer

theflaneur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theflaneur
Re: London Fog

Thanks

omarfeliciano

Re: Tea Time At The Faire

I really like your style!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Earl Grey

Still a little miffed my microwave isn't voice activated so I can do this.

As of Monday Morning, the count is:
20 Rejected Designs
18 Tea cups (where the only reference is TEA)
6 Abby Roads
7 Keep Calms (two are yours)

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
mom2kate wrote:I think it just bugs me that it seems like no one cares about the "no text only rule". I think they should clarify how much over the shirt should be design and how much can be text.
(Or maybe there is clarification and I have missed it?)

While all we have is rejections to go by, shirts have gone unrejected where they're 2 lines of text, and a single image that isn't a Wingding Font item.

A general rule for "no text only" is "something on the shirt that cannot be created using just the keys on your keyboard."

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

popemegaforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popemegaforce
Re: Mind The Gap

Maybe I'm a bit dense but this joke wasn't all that clear to me until I read your comment. Perhaps tossing the blue portal in there somewhere or something to that effect would help. I feel like otherwise people will just keep asking what the shirt is about rather than seeing it and getting a good laugh. Again, maybe it's me being dense.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

It should also be noted that the art is fantastic on these. I love the stitching that gives the tomatoes a doll-like quality. I really hope this gets printed!

harantula