harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

amazing! and the colours are great!

harantula

nice draw!

harantula

ey it´s fantastic!but i think you could work harder on the details to get better and bit anyother tee!

good luck!!

harantula

the ultimate version has arrived!i think it's a little bit late but I wanted to share with you!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu

It is hilarious!

omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks for sharing the link.

I wasn't familiar with the reference and now I need to watch that show!

sheenachu

I agree with you I appreciate the feedback! I'll add another version

runnerfrog13 wrote:I think this would look better on a different color shirt, like grass green or cranberry. The more I think about it, the more I've decided it's because of the leaf. Perhaps if the leaf wasn't such a bright grass green itself, it wouldn't clash with the olive. The peach color could go fine with any of the colors.

EDIT: I really like this design, it'so simple and clean. The black outline feels abrupt, and I think if you used a darker olive instead it would give you the same outline effect but ease the transition from shirt to design. Or, alternately, use that light brown you already have outlined the hair with, and make it thicker around the outside and use it instead of the black. Best of luck!

sheenachu

I've put it on the lighter green shirt, I think it works better .

Re-Vote Here!

sheenachu wrote:I agree with you I appreciate the feedback! I'll add another version

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Hitchhikers Error

wow... these winning shirts are really pushing the envelope on the "no text only shirts" rule

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Lovely Weather

wow... this is nice

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Downton Abbey Road

It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.
I don't watch the show, so is there a reason you didn't match the "reflected" profiles by size/sex? Is it more a hierarchy thing?

move along

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
j5 wrote:It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.
I don't watch the show, so is there a reason you didn't match the "reflected" profiles by size/sex? Is it more a hierarchy thing?

I'm a fan of the show and the arrangement didn't bother me. It seemed that characters who are recognizable but a bit different were chosen (ex. Mrs. P. for the downstairs is a bit minor but she stands out more than Anna might have).

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bounty42 wrote:Still a little miffed my microwave isn't voice activated so I can do this.

As of Monday Morning, the count is:
20 Rejected Designs
18 Tea cups (where the only reference is TEA)
6 Abby Roads
7 Keep Calms (two are yours)

How many union Jack's?

move along

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Hitched

I'm really diggin on this design. Great job...

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
aneira wrote:Basil the Rat. Based off the last episode of the british comedy "Fawlty Towers". If you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth your time.

actually my favorite was the psychiatrist episode. good job on the reference!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
flattopfrank wrote:I like beer...

The beer must beat the milk !! Come on this is London.... The greatest city !

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
jbaswell wrote:I would be far more inclined to buy it if you left off the flag, which would make it more generally useful (like anytime it goes without sun for 3 days, wherever I happen to be, even if it's not England).

I realize the theme is "England" but I think any rain related shirt is automatically related to England and doesn't specifically need the flag to draw attention to the fact.

meh i still think its hilarious

claranorth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claranorth
Re: Know Your Stig

This is amazing. I wish you could sell your design to the BBC.

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Drink, Smoke and Sleep Little

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill
THE MAN !!!

deborah11565

flattopfrank wrote:"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill
THE MAN !!!

Oh man this is so cool !

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao

deborah11565

flattopfrank wrote:I'm really diggin on this design. Great job...

Awesome design !

razeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razeth
Re: No You Can't

Only just noticed the subject of the competition was England...I think I'm drunk o__O Why the bawls did I upload a Megamind tee?

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:The beer must beat the milk !! Come on this is London.... The greatest city !

Good job ! Beer on the move..... no sippy cups here mates !

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
deborah11565 wrote:Oh man this is so cool !

very

karma6x3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karma6x3
VaneWimsey wrote:Want! Want want want!

I'm excited that your excited. =)

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
razeth wrote:Only just noticed the subject of the competition was England...I think I'm drunk o__O Why the bawls did I upload a Megamind tee?

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

j5 wrote:How many union Jack's?

by themselves or as part of a greater design?

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

popemegaforce wrote:Maybe I'm a bit dense but this joke wasn't all that clear to me until I read your comment. Perhaps tossing the blue portal in there somewhere or something to that effect would help. I feel like otherwise people will just keep asking what the shirt is about rather than seeing it and getting a good laugh. Again, maybe it's me being dense.

I got it. I laughed so loud my wife came over to see. She didn't get it.

bounty42

bounty42 wrote:by themselves or as part of a greater design?

Flags:
Union Flags as Primary Feature of Design - 8
Union Flags as Incidental Part - 15
(including 2 tea tags)
Union Flags missing stripes - 1
Rejected Union Flags - 3
27 total

St. George's Crosses - 5
Rejected - 1
6 total

British Royal Air Medalion - 1

Stars and Stripes - 2 *headdesk*

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:I like the tone of this. It reminds me of the Rocky and Bullwinkle era of animation.

Wasn't Bungalow Bill a college student or something?

I guess he was an American (gasp) they met in India while studying with a guru. He went tiger hunting between meditations.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'm on vacation and can't check in much.

curlycue9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlycue9

Well, it hasn't been rejected yet...

razeth wrote:Only just noticed the subject of the competition was England...I think I'm drunk o__O Why the bawls did I upload a Megamind tee?

ThirstyFly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThirstyFly
Re: Let it Tea..

GREAT DESIGN!

tekxtc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tekxtc
Re: Hitched

Would it possible for madpr0phet to email me the high res image, so that I can order one T-Shirt regardless if this will win the derby? If not from woot, then from Cafe-Press or elsewhere.

threyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages threyon
Re: Mouse, Danger Mouse

Awww, sorry to see it rejected.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Kids, don't drink and surf.

I think you have 24 hours to delete an entry. I've heard there's an X just above the design for the uploader.

On another note, I would totally buy this design as an officially licensed tee.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Hitchhikers Error

Please tell me that the really insignificant hand excuses this from the "no text-only" rule.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tessderpervilles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tessderpervilles
kylemittskus wrote:Please tell me that the really insignificant hand excuses this from the "no text-only" rule.

It does.
No text only is so that you don't type out some slogan in a random font and plop it on here. Last time that happened, it was bad.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
jmplttlchldn wrote:Would buy it in a second if it was on any color but white. I do not wear white shirts.

i agree with this 1000% B^(

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
j5 wrote:It jumps out at me that the male characters don't match up, then I see the females differ in size as well.

@ j5 - I didn't mean for the placements to match up in any way or relation. It's a visual of both sides of the household; Those that live in the house and those that serve the house. I tried matching the foot positions of the Beatles on the cover and placed Robert first on the topside because he is the head of the household, followed by Cora, then Violet and lastly Lady Mary. The downstairs features Mrs Hughes, then Mr Carson, O'Brien, then Mrs. Patmore.

To me every character on the show has something interesting to offer and the actors portray them with such unique voices. I couldn't include everyone, so I chose what I thought was a good mix of characters to represent the show.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
aerc712 wrote:I'm a fan of the show and the arrangement didn't bother me. It seemed that characters who are recognizable but a bit different were chosen (ex. Mrs. P. for the downstairs is a bit minor but she stands out more than Anna might have).

@ Aerc712 - I wanted to include Anna, but then thought I would have to include Bates. I went with Mrs. Patmore because she does stand out and easier for that to come across visually.