ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
endangeredomega wrote:Probably my favourite of all the "tea" designs thus far. It's clean, simple, and is posessed of enough of that charming surreality and quirkiness that a good Woot shirt should have!

thanks so much

devdave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devdave
Re: Red Trip In London

Love the detail of the wolf in the back!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Mind the Trap

This one is an homage to Banksy, a street/graffiti artist in Britain who posts realistic stencils on bare walls, often using signs or objects on the wall within the design.

To answer a question from the pre-comment-fix thread: Ackbar is actually pulled from a heavily hand-inked/penciled scan that I then ran through multiple Photoshop filters and then into Illustrator (to get the outline/stencil effect). The bricks are an artificial repeating pattern (not a photo), further manipulated in Photoshop.

ekaregood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekaregood
Re: For Better Looking Responders Dial...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS DESIGN! YOU MADE MY DAY :D

lyonscc

Re: Her Majesty's Secret Service

This is an Art Nouveau design I've been working on for awhile that I thought worked really well as a Bond Girl.

(Rejectionator Note - I didn't include all of the title of the Bond movie/novel, and kept it at a generic title for members of Military Intelligence, who are members of Her Majesty's Secret Service...

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
ekaregood wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS DESIGN! YOU MADE MY DAY :D

I'm so glad you all love it! :D I always have the tune stuck in my head, but can never remember the numbers so I decided to make it into a shirt! lol

drakefenwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drakefenwick

The pose, gun, and some of the design elements were taken from an old Bond movie poster. 8)

rmstorey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmstorey
Re: Mary Poppins

Four colours on Navy.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
Re: Let it Tea..

Love this design! Too cute and funny!

lyonscc

drakefenwick wrote:The pose, gun, and some of the design elements were taken from an old Bond movie poster. 8)

I thought that's what she looked like, too - it was a pose from a friend in my facebook feed (with a different face and hair). When I started the drawing last month, I was going to make her a pirate (thus her Howdah pistols), but then I realized that she actually looked more like a Bond Girl (especially with the circular background motif).

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Rule 42

I predict a red slash and the statement "We can't run this" in the future of this design.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Iago vs. Hamlet

Iago is my favorite Shakespearean character - I named my second car after him. ;)

I love this. I really want this to print!

stephenlholtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenlholtz
Re: Easy Now Fuzzy Little Man Peach

I don't think I have ever seen anything this good in my life.

stephenlholtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenlholtz
Re: Easy Now Fuzzy Little Man Peach

For the uninitiated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIInySnQe4I

lyonscc

Re: Mind the Trap

FYI - for more on Banksy, the Wikipedia entry is quite good, and this painting, which I saw when trying to think of something humorous for "Mind the Gap" was the inspiration for this design.

weasel87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weasel87
Re: Let it Tea..

one of the cups should have a cigarrette. lol. But still, awesome.

trapperjon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trapperjon
Re: Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies

Mrs. Lovett from the story/musical/movie Sweeney Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. She helped Todd dispose of dead bodies by baking them into the meat pies she sold. Since it is one of my favorite musicals, and set in London, it was one of the first things that popped into my mind with this weeks theme.

lyonscc

lyonscc wrote:I thought that's what she looked like, too - it was a pose from a friend in my facebook feed (with a different face and hair). When I started the drawing last month, I was going to make her a pirate (thus her Howdah pistols), but then I realized that she actually looked more like a Bond Girl (especially with the circular background motif).

Oops - disregard this - somehow the comment I replied to appeared under my Art Nouveau design, but was gone after a refresh.

Wizrd23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizrd23
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:I predict a red slash and the statement "We can't run this" in the future of this design.

Why do you say that? What should I change?

lyonscc

Wizrd23 wrote:Why do you say that? What should I change?

There are several grounds they may reject it on - it looks like there are gradients in the comic figure, but you've not shown any halftones to indicate this. Also, the comic figure, itself, is taken directly from the cover of the American versions of the Hitchhiker's Guide books, and is likely under copyright (especially, since you can't really argue the use of the figure, itself, is parody).

Woot has gotten much more strict in making sure that they don't violate any intellectual property rules, and I would guess grahamcrac is making his/her predication based upon this.

Wizrd23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizrd23
lyonscc wrote:There are several grounds they may reject it on - it looks like there are gradients in the comic figure, but you've not shown any halftones to indicate this. Also, the comic figure, itself, is taken directly from the cover of the American versions of the Hitchhiker's Guide books, and is likely under copyright (especially, since you can't really argue the use of the figure, itself, is parody).

Woot has gotten much more strict in making sure that they don't violate any intellectual property rules, and I would guess grahamcrac is making his/her predication based upon this.

Ok valid points. This is the first design I have every submitted, so I'm not 100% up to speed on finer details. I'll see if I can fix gradients and replace with half-tones.

As far as the character goes, its not taking directly from the cover art. Its a redrawn interpretation. Kinda hard to parody a ball with arms much more than that. I avoided the hitchhiker thumb because its definitely copywritten.

Oh well, we will see what happens.

devdave

Re: Full House (creamy)

Resub on cream. I think I like it better > . <

kronie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kronie
Re: Full House (creamy)

I like it on cream too!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 84 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Royalcheese

The Pac family looks so distinguished!

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

Love the reference, not crazy about the design.

lyonscc

Wizrd23 wrote:Ok valid points. This is the first design I have every submitted, so I'm not 100% up to speed on finer details. I'll see if I can fix gradients and replace with half-tones.

As far as the character goes, its not taking directly from the cover art. Its a redrawn interpretation. Kinda hard to parody a ball with arms much more than that. I avoided the hitchhiker thumb because its definitely copywritten.

Oh well, we will see what happens.

Good luck! If you look at my submission history, I've learned all sorts of ways submissions can be rejected. It's frustrating as all get-out, but you eventually (kind of) get the hang of it.

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire
Re: Watership Stew (Resub)

The kerning between the P and ub, and particularly between the W and the atership makes it look almost like there's a space between the letters.

I really hate to be 'that guy, but I just couldn't ignore it! D:

I wonder if they'd allow making a cosmetic adjustment without having to completely resubmit the design?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: The Sword from the Inkwell

An early favorite! If the pen is mightier than the sword, what about a sword dipped in ink???

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Earl Grey

Here you go Bounty42

move along

heyjoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages heyjoie

OOOH, I LOVE IT.

"I'll just put this over here with the rest of the fire."

Xkavanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xkavanger
Re: englands finest

Um, that's just gross and offensive.
Woot needs to take this down. >_>

Xkavanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xkavanger
Re: What is a Weekend?

Fantastic! I want this so badly!

shadownumber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadownumber
Re: Ain't No Party Like A Tea Party

Well, its kind of random but oh well. Please let me know what you think of the colors; I couldn't choose which of several versions to submit >.< And let me know if the text is somewhat distracting. :P

devdave

Re: Prince of Whales

You got my vote! Your drawing made the joke funny!

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

so its 1am and now I'm hungry for a muffin

Re: English Muffin v2

alinairigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alinairigan
Re: BBC Sherlock Holmes

I hope this makes it to print! If not i seriously wish to buy this anyway. Can it work that way? I'm not sure.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Red Trip In London (v2)

Love the details. The coloring makes me think of Christmas. I don't mind—it's a very fun and festive shirt.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Earl Grey

:-O

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Modusa

What do you get when you cross Twiggy with a Gorgon? Modusa!