WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shirt.Woot Spotlight: Robbie Lee

Robbie Lee's brought us all a lot of joy over the years with delightful and humorous designs. And now we figure it's time to take a trip down Robbie Lee Lane and highlight some of our faves!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Robbie Lee! Need I say more?!?

bluejester

quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
tgentry wrote:Robbie Lee! Need I say more?!?

Excellent artist spotlight here. I have to say that Robbie Lee is one of my top three favorite designers of all time. I own a few of these shirts, and when I get paid again on Thursday, I'll be adding to my collection.

Although, I have to say I would have loved to have seen "The Cycle of Life" (I think that's the water cycle one) printed again, maybe on a tote or a LW hoodie. I always refer to that design as my "happy mood" shirt because I can't help but feel good when I see and wear it.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Damnit, Woot! I can't wear anvil shirts, but I *adore* the Haunted Robot collab.

Maybe I'll buy one, then hang onto it until I develop the abilty to transfer my consciousness into a kickass android body that fits the shirt? [sigh]

bluejester

quality posts: 566 Private Messages bluejester
endangeredomega wrote:Damnit, Woot! I can't wear anvil shirts, but I *adore* the Haunted Robot collab.

Maybe I'll buy one, then hang onto it until I develop the abilty to transfer my consciousness into a kickass android body that fits the shirt? [sigh]

There's always the framing it option...

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

OH MY GODS PLEASE AND THANK YOU HERE IS ALL MY MONIES

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

This is COLOSSAL! I am so finally getting a lightweight hoodie. (It'll match my other two regular tees and the long sleeve tee, all Tin: Old Skool!) (But that doesn't necessarily mean I am obsessed with that design...does it?)

Congrats Robbie! This is the first artist spotlight, right? Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Awesome!!! When my friend Claude pointed me to woot to get a good deal on a roomba four years ago and I subsequently discovered shirt.woot, I never thought it would lead to anything like this. Huge thanks to the shirt.woot community for all the support over the years, and of course to shirt.woot for the honor of thinking of me for this sale.

-Robbie

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

^^ BEAR ATTACK!

that was fun while it lasted!

lobsturh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lobsturh

this is the best sale ever and

oh god, my wallet

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

This is great! Congrats Robbie!

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

Excellent choice woot!

I foresee myself buying at least one of these (that obese unicorn is so tempting, haha).

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Have two Robbie Lee's at home. Definitely one of the all-time shirt.woot greats. I like that we can say this now. Like how The Beatles were one of the all-time great artists, Woot's got five years under its belts, and we can all drink brandy out of snifters and discuss who The Greats were/are.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I would've bought squeeze if it was on a hoodie. I think it was in the past and I missed it =( I just really don't need any more loose t-shirts.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

Fabulous! I had to get The Night Shift for my uncle who is a night airplane mechanic. He has an awesome sense of humor and will totally love it. I don't feel as though I've put in enough night shifts to deserve it :/

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

Does this mean we might eventually have a ramyb.shirt.woot?

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
eholling wrote:Does this mean we might eventually have a ramyb.shirt.woot?

no

that was fun while it lasted!

ChronoSquall14

eholling wrote:Does this mean we might eventually have a ramyb.shirt.woot?

That statement is redundant. And I LIKE ramyb designs.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ChronoSquall14 wrote:That statement is redundant. And I LIKE ramyb designs.

Less ramyb talk, more Robbie Lee talk! ;)

Yay robots!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ChronoSquall14

I loved fat unicorn, and so did my wife, and I recall Robbie trying to start something with a fat cowboy horse or something similar. I loved the idea of making the fat equine some sort of running gag (fat pegasus! fat clydesdale! fat shetland!), and I'm disappointed it didn't make it.

Also: robots. Squeeze is such an awesome shirt, and one of my son's favorite woots.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Congratulations, Robbie Lee! You deserve this spotlight!! Too bad this is a few months too late for me to be able to purchase anything. This would have been a budget buster before "the switch!"

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Yaaaay! Gonna pick me up a few more Robbie Lees!

Congrats, Robbie, on the spotlight It's so deserved!

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Is that a woot bag design on a shirt for the first time?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tgentry wrote:Need I say more?!?

Nope.

//runs off to buy things.

eta: HAHA! Score 1 Robby/Edgar slash shirt.

move along

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

Congratulations! I'm so glad that woot did this, because this gives those of us who were a little late in finding woot (and woot's talented artists) an opportunity to purchase some of their earlier designs and support them even more. Robbie, you have some amazing designs and I'm glad that woot has given you this great opportunity! Congrats.

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Like I said in the odd shirt out thread, so much want this week! Why are the two best side sales yet happening in the same week! I'm already in danger of having to move out to the shed with my tshirts.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ellegee wrote:Like I said in the odd shirt out thread, so much want this week! Why are the two best side sales yet happening in the same week! I'm already in danger of having to move out to the shed with my tshirts.

The shirts will keep you warm.

I'm just hanging out, really.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

Rats! I would've bought multiples of the Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B., if it was offered. My son loved that shirt, but got bleach on it. That design was great, esp. on the light blue.

Sure you don't want to expand the choices in this Spotlight, Woot? Please? :D

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Brain overloading from awesomeness... >@_@<

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Fantastic choice, woot! Robbie, so good to see you getting the spotlight for the week!

noregretx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noregretx

I know this is a bit irrelevant, but what do those Japanese words translate to?

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

hmmm i wonder how well "An Eager Robot" will die to a gray color??? i really really hate white shirts but i really like that design plus its a woot shirt making a woot reference... we never see that he he

also really like "you mean 10?" hmmm

vcalzone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalzone

Do you offer a bundle deal for ALL OF THEM?

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan

One of my favorite artists! A lot of the designs would be awesome on posters.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Yee! Congrats on the spotlight! Tofu's one of my personal faves, even though it's not a part of the sale :D

Might just have to get a replacement Fat Unicorn, mine mysteriously got a couple holes in it (whether from the lab or from the unicorn, I'll never know...) and maybe Squeeze since I stupidly convinced myself not to get it when it first printed.

... and maybe all the other robot shirts too /headdesk

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

The Sleep of Reason is insane, I must get it. It's some Mario meets Edgar Allen Poe madness or something.
You Mean 10, showed that one to a networking friend of mine and he had to get it. All great designs.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

All I have to say is

BEWARE THE LIGHTWEIGHT HOODIE!!!

I bought one in a different design expecting a hoodie that was on the lighter weight size.

Silly me.....

The hoodie was basically see through and the fit was EXTREMELY snug. The material reminded me of a well loved t-shirt - one wash before it ends up in either the dust rag bin or the trash. I expected much better for $35. I won't make that mistake again.

lorika13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorika13
omnitravis wrote:The Sleep of Reason is insane, I must get it. It's some Mario meets Edgar Allen Poe madness or something.
You Mean 10, showed that one to a networking friend of mine and he had to get it. All great designs.

Actually it's Mario mashed up with an etching by Goya! It's called The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters: http://www.artsconnected.org/resource/67530/2/el-sue-o-de-la-raz-n-produce-monstruos-the-sleep-of-reason-produces-monsters-plate-43-from-los-caprichos

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Congrats, Robbie! I was so happy to see this spotlight, and not because I get to say "I knew him before he was famous". This is so well deserved, and just proves that all those crazy hours putting these designs together were worth it. Shirt.woot is a good place today.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

i gotta ask... whats the binary say in "you mean 10?"