ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

L3g3ndQ wrote:i gotta ask... whats the binary say in "you mean 10?"

My mediocre Google-fu skills found the following from the original discussion:

hoagiedp wrote:01000111 01101111 01100100 repeats in each row. That decodes to "God" in ASCII code.

And from the artist:

rglee129 wrote:Alright! Glad to see this print tonight!

There are lots of ways to interpret what's going on here, so I look forward to reading them...

As for me, I came up with this design as a metaphor for how we humans don't really seem to be wired to be able to truly wrap our brains around stuff like the meaning of our existence or God, but maybe we're actually thinking about it more than we know.

...on a shirt!

Also, I've been wanting to do a design with cranberry red on an orange blank. AND from afar I think the big "2" will make it kind of look like a sports jersey, but up close it'll be a story about robots. Perhaps a flag football team could use this as its jersey (even though they'd all have the same number). I actually got an email from a Frisbee team who all wore the Fat Unicorn shirt, so who knows?

I hope you enjoy the design. Thanks for the print, woot!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dwimmz

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dwimmz

My reaction was nothing less than this when I discovered this sale.

abuffalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuffalo

I am buying things, but please...

Rescue.
Rescue.
Fear and love and hope in one beautiful moment.

Please Rescue.

rrsimpson83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rrsimpson83

What happened to the cute girls tanks??? What up with just having the unisex tanks??? If it can fit a boy, its not going to look good on a girl. Just saying. I love my beach one!!! I get lots of comments on it. Woot is a big part of my vocabulary!!! Haha

Rachel R Simpson

Charityf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Charityf

I'm so happy I could cry. My fat unicorn t-shirt had a run in with some bleach. I've been heart broken ever since. And now, I can finally replace my precious. THANK YOU!!!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
rrsimpson83 wrote:What happened to the cute girls tanks??? What up with just having the unisex tanks??? If it can fit a boy, its not going to look good on a girl. Just saying. I love my beach one!!! I get lots of comments on it. Woot is a big part of my vocabulary!!! Haha

I'f I had to guess I'd say either a) Sales were abysmal or b) They're to hard to get.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
abuffalo wrote:I am buying things, but please...

Rescue.
Rescue.
Fear and love and hope in one beautiful moment.

Please Rescue.

Thanks, abuffalo! And good news on Rescue: It printed about a month ago over at DBH

abuffalo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abuffalo
rglee129 wrote:Thanks, abuffalo! And good news on Rescue: It printed about a month ago over at DBH

Sweet! Dreams come true. Little ones, anyway.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Thanks again, everyone, for all the great comments and support! It's been a great week in the Shirt.woot spotlight.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I just wanted to pipe in that I received my "Tin" hoodie today. Robbie, this is such a classic; I have my original first run print of the shirt, and it's still one of my favorites.

As for the hoodie itself . . . I dunno, I'm not sure I'll order one of these again. It felt like a knockoff of AA zippered hoodies I've owned in the past. The thing seemed misshapen, with curiously long cuffs at the end of the sleeves, kind of short in the back, tight in the waist, and just a general feel of cheapness. I would've paid $5-$10 more for a better made hoodie. In comparison, I felt like the pullover hoodie I bought ages ago for Dystopia Dark Lager was better-fitting and it seemed less hastily put-together. This seems odd, b/c it's my understanding that both hoodies are sourced from the same Honduran supplier.

All that being said, I love that I have this design on something other than a tee, so that I can sport my kickass tin man during cooler weather. And, no matter what the canvas, there's no denying the epicness here.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
IndependentVik wrote: In comparison, I felt like the pullover hoodie I bought ages ago for Dystopia Dark Lager was better-fitting and it seemed less hastily put-together. This seems odd, b/c it's my understanding that both hoodies are sourced from the same Honduran supplier.

They're not, actually. The heavyweight pullover hoodies are Gildan 1850, but the lightweight hoodies are Alternative Apparel's Eco-Heather hoodie.

PS: Hey woot! It looks like "Military Green" is a new color in the Gildan hoodies for 2012 and it looks quite close to olive, in case you do a cupcake side sale!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
neuropsychosocial wrote:They're not, actually. The heavyweight pullover hoodies are [deleted for brevity]

Thanks for the info, neuro! Hard to know what's going on in the woot blank world when one's been out for awhile. I happened to see the Robbie Lee event going on and knew I had to come back for at least one purchase.

I must say, the Alternative Apparel hoodies are crazy slim, I mean slimmer than my old American Apparel hoodies. This will be a line dry only item for sure--I'm betting one round in the dryer and I'd have to give the thing to my little nephew.