4%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2656 Private Messages lichme

I don't think you have to worry about the dog peeing on that, cause it probably already crapped itself once that head popped out.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

If I were the one naming the shirt, it'd have to be "Occupugged"

that was fun while it lasted!

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

I like the shirt, honestly I do!

However, is there a pop culture, a video game, or an meme that goes with this?

robbroder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robbroder

Super Mario Bros. meets Little Shop of Horrors?

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

The wonders of evolution! Clever shirt, except fire hydrants are red... although dogs are color blind, so who cares?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
xxchange wrote:The wonders of evolution! Clever shirt, except fire hydrants are red... although dogs are color blind, so who cares?

I didn't even realize it was a (hybrid) fire hydrant! Had to take a second look. My brain just assumed it was the standard ol' Mario pipe. The shirt makes a lot more sense now.

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett
xxchange wrote:The wonders of evolution! Clever shirt, except fire hydrants are red... although dogs are color blind, so who cares?

generally true, but around my home there are green ones too.

also, amazing shirt! in for 1.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
WootBot wrote:This shirt tells the world: "If pugs could talk, they'd only say, 'Please kill me.' Why are people still breeding these poor monstrosities?"

Ummm, well that's offensive. Pugs are awesome. I have one. Just one. But how is stating my dog would be better off dead helping me buy this shirt?

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

So, if I read the shirt correctly, both the dog and the plant went there to pee?

I think woot just made me look at plants in a whole new way.

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

That pug reminds me of spelunky.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

Fire hydrants are actually lots of colors depending on where you live and what they're for.

lichme

quality posts: 2656 Private Messages lichme
bluejester wrote:So, if I read the shirt correctly, both the dog and the plant went there to pee?

I think woot just made me look at plants in a whole new way.

I thought this design was obvious:

The plant is from Super Mario, the one that pops out of the pipes and shoots fireballs, however it is a hybrid fire hydrant.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
vipermjb wrote:I like the shirt, honestly I do!

However, is there a pop culture, a video game, or an meme that goes with this?

I think we're legally required to shoehorn at least three onto every shirt or we won't sell it. For some reason.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Awwww man! Why'd you have to do this to me? Just bought a shirt from woot and then this one pops up!

Saw it on another site and was asking for it like crazy. Guess I'll have to buy it here. Not a huge loss, but still hurting my wallet...

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

So in the sequel he eats a magic mushroom and becomes an English Bulldog?

zedinc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zedinc

I guess I'm glad we don't have fire hydrants like that.

axemtitanium

quality posts: 3 Private Messages axemtitanium

But Chain Chomps bark... Dogs in Mushroom Kingdom, confirmed!

orphicdragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orphicdragon
bmxjimp wrote:Ummm, well that's offensive. Pugs are awesome. I have one. Just one. But how is stating my dog would be better off dead helping me buy this shirt?

^ This.

To be fair, being funny is hard. Some folks have to take the let me pimp a talented artist out of shirt sales by pissing off a known group of uber fans direction.

I had actually planned to buy the shirt 'till I read that. Now dead pugs and the shirt are sort of paired up and...yeah pass.

I will take the furry snoring fart machine out for some doggie ice cream with the $12 woot writers just saved me

Pascarj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pascarj

Used to be red...now that funny yellow color

hisserbee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hisserbee

I legit don't get this. The dog wants to pee but it can't because there's a frakking chomp flower coming out of the hydrant and it will eat him? Okay...and? Is there a pun in there? The title confuses me more. Why would the dog want to get in the pipe? I feel like I'm missing something, but probably it's just a random shirt.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

*Phppt* Silly Woot. But of course there's pugs in the Mushroom Kingdom. Princess Peach and Daisy are totally lapdog kinda girls so of course they're gonna have a pug or two hanging around their castles 'cause pugs are so gosh darn ugly they're adorable ^_^ We just never saw them 'cause pugs shed and Toad didn't want dog hair in the throne room. Isn't that just about the only room we ever saw in the game. I haven't played in ages.

OK, I didn't appreciate the woot anti-pug-ness but come on, if you like the shirt it's not like the woot write up is the only possible translation/story behind the shirt. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

hisserbee wrote:I legit don't get this. The dog wants to pee but it can't because there's a frakking chomp flower coming out of the hydrant and it will eat him? Okay...and? Is there a pun in there? The title confuses me more. Why would the dog want to get in the pipe? I feel like I'm missing something, but probably it's just a random shirt.

You must not know Super Mario Bros. and you also must not have read any of the previous comments.

chipgreen

quality posts: 176 Private Messages chipgreen
robbroder wrote:Super Mario Bros. meets Little Shop of Horrors?

.... meets Men In Black.

skip4it

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skip4it

I love it. Trouble is I have already bought six woot shirts this week! Save One for Me!

naral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naral

my pet dog is nearly the same with little one in the picture

skip4it

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skip4it

I love it. Trouble is, I have bought too many Woot shirts already this week! Save one for me anyway. Now I just need to figure out how to make it sing "Feed Me, Seymore!"

numia123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages numia123

A must have for pug owners!

Buying soley for that reason! Love it!

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

jmied01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmied01
bmxjimp wrote:Ummm, well that's offensive. Pugs are awesome. I have one. Just one. But how is stating my dog would be better off dead helping me buy this shirt?

I have a pug too, and I'm sorry to the "person" that wrote that offensive shirt write-up, but he is a furry little gentleman and is cuter (no, not so ugly he's cute, just plain cute) than 90% of the human population. Plus he's a double coat so he's super fluffy and soft. For shame, sir. For shame.

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

kalilarose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalilarose
jmied01 wrote:I have a pug too, and I'm sorry to the "person" that wrote that offensive shirt write-up, but he is a furry little gentleman and is cuter (no, not so ugly he's cute, just plain cute) than 90% of the human population. Plus he's a double coat so he's super fluffy and soft. For shame, sir. For shame.

My pug is also just cute. Cuter than so ugly she's cute.
We rescued her because she needed surgery the original owners couldn't afford (elongated palette).. Before her surgery she could hardl breathe at all, if she could have spoken then.. She might have asked to be dead. Now she is the most amazing dog anyone could have ever asked for, her quality of life has increased ten fold.

I'm not a fan of the write up myself, but a lot of the write ups have sucked lately..

I still bought one, I proudly wear my pug stuff, no matter what anyone says about the breed. Beacause i Love my Ugly girl

chefgon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chefgon

My house is filled with three pugs, every Mario game ever made, and a bunch of Woot shirts. I'm pretty sure this product was made just for me.

chefgon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chefgon
jmied01 wrote:I have a pug too, and I'm sorry to the "person" that wrote that offensive shirt write-up, but he is a furry little gentleman and is cuter (no, not so ugly he's cute, just plain cute) than 90% of the human population. Plus he's a double coat so he's super fluffy and soft. For shame, sir. For shame.

I'll second the "just plain cute" argument. Look at this face and tell me she's ugly. http://chefgon.com/media/kissme.jpg

dlovelock1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlovelock1

It's because pugs live a tortured life of labored breathing. It's kind of sad that people keep breeding disfigured, pained creatures like pugs just because they like the way the dogs look.

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Nice work Colin! Congrats on the print.

wendyrun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendyrun

Orphicdragon, jmied01, kalilarose, chefgon (yeah, your girl is beyond cute) and any of the other pugged wooters whom I might have missed, thanks for weighing in on behalf of all us pug lovers.

I guess if I need to have this shirt 'splained to me, it's not for us. We don't 'do' Super Mario or games. But I did click through and was intrigued.

Snorts & farts from my two elderly gentleman pugs, who would both still pee on that hydrant.

mysteryd8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteryd8

How do Woot shirts fit now? I haven't bought one since the American Apparel days. If they're like the ones printed at Riptapparel now, I'm out completely.

"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time." - Charles M. Schulz

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight

I got yer back, Woot writers. Pugs are vile little beasts. Anything capable of oozing as much mucus as my neighbor's pug is either a giant slug or begging to die in its sleep.

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight
chefgon wrote:I'll second the "just plain cute" argument. Look at this face and tell me she's ugly. http://chefgon.com/media/kissme.jpg

She's ugly.

n10w84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n10w84

MIB Frank: Now let me talk you about the chain of command, you selfish hidrant dog eater... J!!!!