JustinC197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197
vipermjb wrote:I like the shirt, honestly I do!

However, is there a pop culture, a video game, or an meme that goes with this?



Yes, there is. Super Mario Brothers...

Mostafa84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mostafa84

Wow... Supporters for these cockroach looking creatures just came out of the woodwork like... well Kinda like cockroaches actually.
Im with woot. The only reason I didnt buy this shirt is because of the bug eyed little cretin on it.

stormyskys


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stormyskys
hisserbee wrote:I legit don't get this. The dog wants to pee but it can't because there's a frakking chomp flower coming out of the hydrant and it will eat him? Okay...and? Is there a pun in there? The title confuses me more. Why would the dog want to get in the pipe? I feel like I'm missing something, but probably it's just a random shirt.



Think of the hybrid Mario World hydrant as more of a urinal (to the dog, at least)? Besides, no one is going to want to use that hydrant for any purpose with the huge, carnivorous flower lounging about. Definitely an occupied space.

In for one!

tjata84


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tjata84

I love it. Regardless of if you like pugs or not, or if you hate the write up, this shirt is awesome. I have a pug and a boxer and was still able to see the humor in the writing. Now as far as some peoples' comments on the other hand, I would have to say those are just plain nasty. Needless to say, I love the shirt!

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
bmxjimp wrote:Ummm, well that's offensive. Pugs are awesome. I have one. Just one. But how is stating my dog would be better off dead helping me buy this shirt?

I don't think the pugs should be killed, but I do think that they, and other dogs that are bred for exaggerated features that are detrimental to their health should stop being bred. Who would would want to bred a dog that is suffering 24/7?

Still single, can't imagine why.

spiderdad


quality posts: 2 Private Messages spiderdad
chefgon wrote:I'll second the "just plain cute" argument. Look at this face and tell me she's ugly. http://chefgon.com/media/kissme.jpg



There are no words to describe how cute that photo is!!

lmbergin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmbergin

I'm thinking it's Frank from Men in Black?

gwyndlyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyndlyn
bmxjimp wrote:Ummm, well that's offensive. Pugs are awesome. I have one. Just one. But how is stating my dog would be better off dead helping me buy this shirt?



This is my first time on this site...brought here through fesitees...wow - negative folks here. NOT my type of community. How icky. Being that nasty about pugs is just not necessary - there's funny and just jerky - bye Woot! Not buy Woot...

gwyndlyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyndlyn
orphicdragon wrote:^ This.

To be fair, being funny is hard. Some folks have to take the let me pimp a talented artist out of shirt sales by pissing off a known group of uber fans direction.

I had actually planned to buy the shirt 'till I read that. Now dead pugs and the shirt are sort of paired up and...yeah pass.

I will take the furry snoring fart machine out for some doggie ice cream with the $12 woot writers just saved me



Yup! Me too!

cpatton11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpatton11

maybe you pug owners need to get thicker skin...

Or way too much extra skin, like your wrinkly dogs :D.

Probably in for 1; for the joke, and the mario reference. Completely neutral about the fact that it's a pug.

gwyndlyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyndlyn
jmied01 wrote:I have a pug too, and I'm sorry to the "person" that wrote that offensive shirt write-up, but he is a furry little gentleman and is cuter (no, not so ugly he's cute, just plain cute) than 90% of the human population. Plus he's a double coat so he's super fluffy and soft. For shame, sir. For shame.



Go Jmied :-) Mine is too. Just gettin' some positivity out there to the civil people on here before goin bye bye. Love to your Pugness!

Festus3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Festus3

At first glance my thoughts were little more than "fun shirt, it's cute." I did not expect to read on and find a PETA rant thread.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that no pugs were harmed in the making of or as a result of the existence of this shirt.

Furthermore, we have green fire hydrants with white caps on our block, and as far as a pug getting into the Mushroom Kingdom, if Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo can stumble in I'm sure nature's accordion has a chance.

gwyndlyn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyndlyn
spiderdad wrote:There are no words to describe how cute that photo is!!



I agree! Adorable! And the vile creature is the creature that wrote the nasty post, not the dog.

And for anyone's info, yes some pugs suffer - just like any breed. Mine breathes fine - he snores - but ummm...so did my previous boyfriend...lol

And now Woot, I bid you adieu! Live long and prosper...without me (like you care LOL)

merichmond


quality posts: 1 Private Messages merichmond

Yeah, so I thought it was the plant from Little Shop of Horrors and Frank from Men in Black. Which would at least make some kind of sense because they're both aliens pretending to be normal earth critters.

knamliss


quality posts: 1 Private Messages knamliss

In for one! Love pugs. And love Mario.

nanovox


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nanovox
gwyndlyn wrote:This is my first time on this site...brought here through fesitees...wow - negative folks here. NOT my type of community. How icky. Being that nasty about pugs is just not necessary - there's funny and just jerky - bye Woot! Not buy Woot...



I do hope you don't judge the entire Woot community based on these little cretins who are judging pug owners. It just happens that the discussion on this shirt brings out people who have opinions on pugs. The community is far larger than this band of anti-pug people.

The important thing is that Woot has awesome deals and usually awesome shirts too. I'm hear for the deals and if I don't happen to like the deal I'm not going to bad mouth the subject matter.

Personally, I'm not getting this shirt because the flower stands out way too much. I thought the pug here looked just fine. And yes, I think the person who did the write-up on this shirt went a little too far on the description.

Charitwo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

only time i never thought twice about a shirt. hell i didn't even think once. clever mario related shirt = instant buy

smallblue


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smallblue

frank the pug needs to call MIB to clean his toilet.

colonywars


quality posts: 0 Private Messages colonywars
nanovox wrote:I do hope you don't judge the entire Woot community based on these little cretins who are judging pug owners. It just happens that the discussion on this shirt brings out people who have opinions on pugs. The community is far larger than this band of anti-pug people.

The important thing is that Woot has awesome deals and usually awesome shirts too. I'm hear for the deals and if I don't happen to like the deal I'm not going to bad mouth the subject matter.

Personally, I'm not getting this shirt because the flower stands out way too much. I thought the pug here looked just fine. And yes, I think the person who did the write-up on this shirt went a little too far on the description.



The pug problem for some is an easy fix. the artist could have easily put the pug in some red overalls:P

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

gwyndlyn wrote:I agree! Adorable! And the vile creature is the creature that wrote the nasty post, not the dog.

And for anyone's info, yes some pugs suffer - just like any breed. Mine breathes fine - he snores - but ummm...so did my previous boyfriend...lol

And now Woot, I bid you adieu! Live long and prosper...without me (like you care LOL)



sorry you find us so repugnant.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

cpatton11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpatton11
PemberDucky wrote:sorry you find us so repugnant.



I think the problem here is that a bunch of pug owners are coming in and hating on Woot! with some last straw, leaving the site, horrible writing etc. comments. While the person who made that comment obviously went way out of their way to be hateful, I would like to try pointing out just one thing to everyone here about where the line was crossed, long ago at the dawn of this thread:

When, in the whole history of Woot, have you ever taken a write up seriously? Woot! Has stated 100x stranger or possibly more offensive things and then continued down some strange path of rationality emphasizing the original obsenity in their write ups because they are absolutely meaningless pieces of drivel that are written for entertainment purposes only. And guess what? When you read them as such, they are somewhat amusing but in the end are meaningless and everyone knows it... except people in this thread.

The first comment asking "how does [killing my pug] make me want to buy a shirt?" was fine, because that was probably still a light hearted comment, but the "us" you refer to (I assume that being "pug owners") seems to be taking this as some sort of call to action for animal (specifically pug) rights, or something of that nature.

When have you read anything from Woot!- from aliens, to domestic troubles, to poorly laid plans for some crime or another ranging from stealing to felonies- with any sort of seriosuness what-so-ever? Go on and leave Woot because a daily freestyle piece of literature that on average is lunacy and at best is outrageous pissed you off enough to cause you some emotional trauma :P. More deals for the rest of us I guess, but I don't think anyone hates you here come on people grow up!

...Oh wait, did you say rePUGnant? -_- Damn, and there I was being all serious and stuff.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I need to tell my son's friend about this shirt.
He had the lead in Little Shop and has a pug.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jaxbeachbum


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaxbeachbum

Am I offended by the WOOT write up regarding the pug shirt? Not really. I make fun of my farting, snorting, licking, smelly, bucked tooth pug all the time. They are discusting little turds of dogs but I would not trade mine for anything, cept maybe a giant cheeseburger, yea....just that,
because she is the sweetest little creature I have ever met and I like her more than most people.

rondoooly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rondoooly
chefgon wrote:I'll second the "just plain cute" argument. Look at this face and tell me she's ugly. http://chefgon.com/media/kissme.jpg



Outdoor Mulch For Gardening, I just love her! I have a boston terrier/pug mix, and have completely fallen in love w/ this breed. I love the shirt, too, regardless of any offensiveness associated therein. This pug shirt will last longer in my memory than any of those rotten opinions anyway. Good day!

Mostafa84


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mostafa84
jmied01 wrote:I have a pug too, and I'm sorry to the "person" that wrote that offensive shirt write-up, but he is a furry little gentleman and is cuter (no, not so ugly he's cute, just plain cute) than 90% of the human population. Plus he's a double coat so he's super fluffy and soft. For shame, sir. For shame.



I'm sorry... But did you just put the word Person in quotations?... Are you implying that the write up came from an advanced, dog-hating platypus? Because that sir, Is Racist!

bluetuba


quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

This write-up is HILARIOUS and all you extra-sensitive flouncers won't be missed kthnxbye.

People like you all who only want cute PC pop reference designs and articles are why this site is going to hell. :P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

haidoni


quality posts: 0 Private Messages haidoni
robbroder wrote:Super Mario Bros. meets Little Shop of Horrors?



...& MIB.

Seems to me to be a perfect three-way connection: the little shop of horrors plant was an alien, same as was the pug in MIB.

jholdersatx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jholdersatx

oh come on, its funny because it's super mario green, and the dog is second guessing peeing on the only available hydrant. That's why he looks so sad, so there's the stand off between the hungry piranha plant, and the gotta-go doggie.

Its cute because of the pretext. maybe next one, though.

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Congrats Colin! You have a great style!!

colinlepper


quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper

Thanks so much everyone!I've been on a trip and internet-less for a few weeks, it was such an awesome surprise seeing both my designs have gone up for sale! I appreciate the support a lot, for this design and Cow Tipping =D

blanked


quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
FenStar wrote:I don't think the pugs should be killed, but I do think that they, and other dogs that are bred for exaggerated features that are detrimental to their health should stop being bred. Who would would want to bred a dog that is suffering 24/7?



But it makes humans squee, so it can't be bad for them, right?

I also disapprove of breeding bulldogs, who have been so twisted by what humans want they can no longer breed without human intervention (c-section etc)

bmxjimp


quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

I noticed a lot of supportive feedback to my comment regarding the grim "This shirt tells the world" section. I appreciate that, and I still think the joke was good until it crossed the line.

To some of the "pugs are miserable and shouldn't exist" comments: My pug and her several predecessors have all had very, very happy lives. I recognize that popular belief says all pugs have terrible breathing problems due to immoral breeding practices, but the pug breed dates back to 551 BC. They really are what they are at this point, you know? No human assistance is needed to procreate, very few have the breathing issues (none of mine have either), and they are wonderful loyal family dogs. A pug isn't for everyone, but neither is a golden retriever or lab, and I think it's silly to generalize them as too miserable to live.

On a more positive note: I bought two of your shirt, colinlepper. Thanks for the fun design and I hope your sales of it have been great!


My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to first woot: 1m 24.551s
First sucker:katelynn11283
Last wooter to woot:redcrown562
Last purchase:5 minutes ago
Order pace:0m 56.009s
Woots sold:1660

This is from about 26 after the hour so second day sales are included.

First day sales < 1660

squadless


quality posts: 0 Private Messages squadless
FenStar wrote:I don't think the pugs should be killed, but I do think that they, and other dogs that are bred for exaggerated features that are detrimental to their health should stop being bred. Who would would want to bred a dog that is suffering 24/7?



LOL... well... i like animals but found your last 2 sentences hillarious so i second this.

wyrddsmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyrddsmith
xxchange wrote:The wonders of evolution! Clever shirt, except fire hydrants are red... although dogs are color blind, so who cares?



Actually, not all fire hydrants are red. Depends on where you live. My small town has red, yellow and blue hydrants. However, red is the color I've seen in most of the cities where I've travelled (and I've travelled a lot!)

wyrddsmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyrddsmith
squadless wrote:LOL... well... i like animals but found your last 2 sentences hillarious so i second this.



I have a Pug, and I do agree about the problems they have...but they are wonderful dogs nevertheless. At least they don't have to have a vet help them give birth like some breeds that have been bred so small or with such large heads they can't do it on their own.

bricekohnen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bricekohnen

I like it! Gotta have one.

pocketnerd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pocketnerd
FenStar wrote:I don't think the pugs should be killed, but I do think that they, and other dogs that are bred for exaggerated features that are detrimental to their health should stop being bred. Who would would want to bred a dog that is suffering 24/7?



A Lot of pugs live happy healthy normal lives. Yes, they are at risk for a long list of conditions so are most breeds of dogs. I work for a pet insurance company and understand first hand just what kinds of risks diffrent breeds from labs to boxers to pugs suffer with. That does not mean they suffer 24/7. You can talk to Fig our office pug she is healthy.

calgoldenbear06


quality posts: 0 Private Messages calgoldenbear06

Pug owner and I happen to be named Mario. Can't wait for pay day.

michellemdean


quality posts: 0 Private Messages michellemdean
FenStar wrote:I don't think the pugs should be killed, but I do think that they, and other dogs that are bred for exaggerated features that are detrimental to their health should stop being bred. Who would would want to bred a dog that is suffering 24/7?


I have 2 pugs and neither are what your describing. Don't breed them? They orriginated in ancient China over 1,000 years ago. Only someone with no Real knowledge of Pugs would say something this stupid. Maybe we should stop breeding stupid people.