Taedir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Taedir

Lately, all the newer shirts I have gotten come out of the wash with odd splotches like the color washed out of them. Yes, I am sure no bleach or chemical was used. We use normal detergent and fabric softener. Has anyone else noticed this?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Taedir wrote:Lately, all the newer shirts I have gotten come out of the wash with odd splotches like the color washed out of them. Yes, I am sure no bleach or chemical was used. We use normal detergent and fabric softener. Has anyone else noticed this?

Pics would definitely help, that way you can give service@woot.com a quick holla with a link to your post!

I'm just hanging out, really.

markasevere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markasevere
Taedir wrote:Lately, all the newer shirts I have gotten come out of the wash with odd splotches like the color washed out of them. Yes, I am sure no bleach or chemical was used. We use normal detergent and fabric softener. Has anyone else noticed this?

I actually had the same problem with There is no Escape

Its an older shirt before the blank switch but it looks like faint bleach stains.

I never did bring it up to support because it happened after a few washes and I didnt think they would do anything about it. I'm still disappointed because its one of my favorites.

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5

I've also had this happen with an older shirt, before the switch. I have a Khione that I wore once and am sure that it didn't get any bleach on it that came out of the wash with large bleached spot in a few places. The rest of my clothes, including other Woot shirts, were fine.

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5
markasevere wrote:I actually had the same problem with There is no Escape

Its an older shirt before the blank switch but it looks like faint bleach stains.

Maybe its a problem with silver shirts?

markasevere

miyoshinum5 wrote:Maybe its a problem with silver shirts?

I was actually weary of buying any other shirts that were silver because I thought the same thing.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
markasevere wrote:I was actually weary of buying any other shirts that were silver because I thought the same thing.

I have Killer Penguin (on silver AA) and it's been fine so far, but these problems might just be unlucky coincidences.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

Thanks for bringing this up. I noticed it on two of my shirts: Make Your Own Luck (brown) & Almost Human (asphalt), both older shirts on AA. I thought it was something I must have done wrong with the laundry, altho I couldn't image what it could have been.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

I had something similar happen with an old copy of Suburban Blitzkrieg (cranberry) I obtained via teetrade.

It's so large I only wear it to sleep in, so I just sort of shrugged off the weird faded spot on the front.

Taedir

I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one! I'll get some pics this morning!

Taedir

It's hard to see due to the color of the shirt so I circled it. The other shirt is in the wash so I'll get pics of it later.

nezhya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nezhya

I have had this happen with Cat Noveau--the black cat is now distinctly a bit green (background is green). This happened the first time I put it in the wash. :'( And I really like this shirt! No, I didn't bleach, or wash hard, or anything abnormal. So, I have a green-black cat...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

My son's portal mouse shirt had one whole sleeve do this. It's mottled and faded.

move along

Taedir

Anyone have any success getting Woot to replace the defective shirts? I just emailed them so I'll let you know what happens.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Taedir wrote:Anyone have any success getting Woot to replace the defective shirts? I just emailed them so I'll let you know what happens.

Absolutely. It helps if you send a picture because they can forward that on to the shirt department so they can track down reoccurring issues.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

markasevere

Here is my pictures of no escape doing the same thing to the left of the logo. Again harder to see with the color.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

It's interesting to see those pictures, because a similar thing happened with Artichokey. I assumed it was something that I'd spilled, even though it didn't look like any stain that I'd ever seen before, and I was pretty upset with myself. It seems to have come out with some Shout Advanced and crossed fingers - I'll double-check it in the light tomorrow, but if the spots are gone as I think they are, it might be worth trying.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Taedir

I contacted customer service last week, but haven't heard anything since last tuesday. Can anyone find out whats going on?

case # W-1227268-Q8EP CRM:00422375

mckeeganj2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mckeeganj2

Was just going to make a post about this! I have a light blue shirt (the wibbly-wobbly Tardis one), and there are cream colored blobs around the collar. I have washed it maybe 5-6 times, so there really isn't a need for it to look this old already....

inkycatz

mckeeganj2 wrote:Was just going to make a post about this! I have a light blue shirt (the wibbly-wobbly Tardis one), and there are cream colored blobs around the collar. I have washed it maybe 5-6 times, so there really isn't a need for it to look this old already....

You may want to take some pictures of it and send them along to service@woot.com, or post them in the thread here.

inkycatz

Taedir wrote:I contacted customer service last week, but haven't heard anything since last tuesday. Can anyone find out whats going on?

case # W-1227268-Q8EP CRM:00422375

Goodness, goodness, definitely ping them again (service@woot.com) - and check your spam folders to make sure you haven't missed any replies. Please be sure to also refer to your case # so they can keep your issue together as much as possible!

Taedir

And here was the totally useless reply I got today from woot.

"Sorry about your shirts. Over time, washing them could cause them to fade.
Tyler"

The code of arms shirt I posted pics of here is only a couple months old and according to "Tyler" normal washing can fade them. So what you are saying is that the quality of your shirts is worse than the $2 tshirt I bought at walmart 10 years ago that still hasn't faded?

eliteh4xx0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eliteh4xx0r

Same issue here. Just washed my Iron-E shirt for the second or third time ever and got peach colored splotches around the collar and all over.

If it makes any difference, this shirt was washed (cold, cold) with Xtra w/ OxiClean (in the detergent, not my own) and tumble dried on low.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I used to have this colour-splotch issue with a lot of cotton clothing, towels, and coloured bedsheets. Turned out that it was my fault. Certian topical skin medications, lotions, deodorants, etc, reacted oddly with my skin or chemistry or something, so my sweat/skin oils became acidic/whatever and reacted with certain dyed fabrics to blotchily bleach them. And it was pretty random. I have recently restarted using a topical medication for my face and I have already ruined two face towels with the odd bleach-y spots. All other fabrics/pillowcases? Totally fine. It's odd but there's reasoning behind it. My dermatologist used actual proper medical/scientific terminology to describe this stuff to me, but it's been years and I have a terrible memory. That's the gist of it, though. Just something to consider if/when one is having issues of this kind.