WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Derby #263: England closed for voting at noon today. One of these designs will go on sale as our First Place selection on Friday - the rest could be selected by our Editors to print or just go down in near-miss history. Click on each picture below to see that entry's page, with a fuller view of the design. The final nine, in no particular order...

English Muffin v2 by Radscoolian
Keep Calm...Here's a Towel by toby8915
Camelot's One Stop Magic Shoppe by fishbiscuit5
This is England!! by dijay
The Sword from the Inkwell by rasabi
Second Breakfast by omarfeliciano
Let it Tea.. by walmazan
Tea Time by Naolito
The Hero We Need by ochopika

Come back tonight at midnight to see (and, of course, buy) our first-place winner. Then do the same thing Saturday and Sunday morning. Please? Thanks for Derbying!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu

Are these the only ones that can place in 2nd and 3rd?

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
sheenachu wrote:Are these the only ones that can place in 2nd and 3rd?

They haven't said that. The original rules update doesn't adress ranking, though it is strongly implied that it won't be required to be in the FOG. They also declined to reduce the FOG to 4 though.

Really though this is week 2 of the new plan, and I don't feel comfortable making predictions without at least 8 weeks of data.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bounty42 wrote:I don't feel comfortable making predictions without at least 8 weeks of data.

SCIENCE.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bounty42

inkycatz wrote:SCIENCE.

Science wants 30 Data points, so that's 15 weeks. I'm more of a psudeoscientist, so I play loose with rules.

EDIT: It's just occured to me, we've been Tea Bagged in the English FOG!

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

sheenachu

bounty42 wrote:They haven't said that. The original rules update doesn't adress ranking, though it is strongly implied that it won't be required to be in the FOG. They also declined to reduce the FOG to 4 though.

Really though this is week 2 of the new plan, and I don't feel comfortable making predictions without at least 8 weeks of data.

Bummer I was in the fog the whole time until this morning ><

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
sheenachu wrote:Bummer I was in the fog the whole time until this morning ><

You still have a chance. Last week's guest editor's choice was 14th in votes.

sheenachu

cdrewlow wrote:You still have a chance. Last week's guest editor's choice was 14th in votes.

I hope this week's guest editor likes IT Crowd! lol Thanks for the info!

sheenachu

Any Honorable Mentions for this derby?

bounty42

sheenachu wrote:Any Honorable Mentions for this derby?

They run slow. last I checked they were 12 days behind, but I think that's getting better. Definately not before Wednesday though.

sheenachu

bounty42 wrote:They run slow. last I checked they were 12 days behind, but I think that's getting better. Definately not before Wednesday though.

Oh wow! The suspense is killing me! lol

lynnstivers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnstivers

When will the Honorable Mentions be posted for the England Derby?