WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

The first wish, well you were just excited. You blurted it out before you'd even really thought things through because you didn't really expect it to come true. The second wish, that was mainly because you were in shock at the first wish actually working. But now you're down to the wire. You've only got one wish left. So show us what it's gonna be.

• No Mario.
  • No Star Wars.
  • No text only designs.

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

How about my consistent "please, please, no pop-culture" wish?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

whirled peas

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

This could be interesting...

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
juliaL719 wrote:How about my consistent "please, please, no pop-culture" wish?

I totally would do this, but it'd get bounced for "No Woot References" the second the Rejectionator checked in.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

PCBconehead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PCBconehead

"I wish my name was Brian because maybe sometimes people would misspell my name and call me Brain. That's like a free compliment and you don't even gotta be smart to notice it."

Mitch Hedberg

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Three Wishes Trope

I'm hoping for some good stuff this derby. But for my own design, I wonder what Woot's current restrictions are regarding innuendo... IE something like two giant chickadees on a shirt...

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
juliaL719 wrote:How about my consistent "please, please, no pop-culture" wish?

Buz-zing!

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

I'm at a complete blank for this one, so I'm looking forward to what the artists come up with.

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
SkekTek wrote:Three Wishes Trope

I'm hoping for some good stuff this derby. But for my own design, I wonder what Woot's current restrictions are regarding innuendo... IE something like two giant chickadees on a shirt...

I think innuendo can be done so that it will fly, so long as it's not just GLARING and blatant.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates
tarmawolf wrote:I think innuendo can be done so that it will fly, so long as it's not just GLARING and blatant.

Use more of a double entendre than a innuendo. That way it's funny even without the secondary concept.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
SkekTek wrote:Three Wishes Trope

PG13?

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

aerc712

benjaminleebates wrote:Use more of a double entendre than a innuendo. That way it's funny even without the secondary concept.

Also try and keep in mind "will people be comfortable wearing this?" It's one thing to have a funny image, it's another to have it on your chest - not all folks (especially females) are ok with that. For me, personally, I have a silly, sarcastic dirty sense of humor, but I'm super wary of wearing anything that involves a dirty joke or double entendre. Others don't mind though, but in the past some people have commented that they wouldn't wear a design because of content/placement concerns.

bounty42

Damn, just had an awesome text only idea.

"IF YOU LIKE THESE, YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN MY FIRST TWO WISHES"

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

stm027

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stm027
aerc712 wrote:Also try and keep in mind "will people be comfortable wearing this?"

So probably no 9" Pianists...

I put chemicals in your food... seriously

bounty42

stm027 wrote:So probably no 9" Pianists...

I'd have aimed for 11", but it's your wish. At least you could draw him life-sized, right?

Also looking forward to someone doing:
"Surrounded by flaming hot chicks."
"To be a Genie"
"More Wishes"
"More Genies"

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
bounty42 wrote:I'd have aimed for 11", but it's your wish. At least you could draw him life-sized, right?

Also looking forward to someone doing:
"Surrounded by flaming hot chicks."
"To be a Genie"
"More Wishes"
"More Genies"

Ha! I like the flaming hot chicks idea.... that could be funny.

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi

Rough idea. Does it read well enough?

bounty42

rasabi wrote:Rough idea. Does it read well enough?

AWESOME!

bounty42

cfdunbar wrote:Ha! I like the flaming hot chicks idea.... that could be funny.

I may try that one tonight, question is how well can I draw Cuccos?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rasabi wrote:Rough idea. Does it read well enough?

Am I overthinking this?
She asked for a big wiener
3 mustards
and now ketchup?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

chaoswerecat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaoswerecat

isnt usually the third wish to undo the damage of the other two? at least according to Terry Pratchett, but I think also in other stories.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:Am I overthinking this?
3 mustards
and now ketchup?

I think 3 fries.

Although I'm not sure why only three.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

rasabi

j5 wrote:Am I overthinking this?
3 mustards
and now ketchup?

I was just thinking of the pitfalls of using a hotdog...

Also the mustards are supposed to be fries. I'm new to this anthro food business :|

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I'm wishing I'd remembered to bring my umbrella.

Oh, I guess that would be my first wish.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

rasabi wrote:I was just thinking of the pitfalls of using a hotdog...

Also the mustards are supposed to be fries. I'm new to this anthro food business :|

But what's the joke?
(Northerners will tell you you don't put ketchup on a hotdog, only mustard)

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:But what's the joke?

To me, you shouldn't put anything on it at all. But I realize I'm in the minority on this one.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote

You could make her wishing for mustard, thus explaining why the fries are happy and the hot dog is sad.

j5

citizencoyote wrote:You could make her wishing for mustard, thus explaining why the fries are happy and the hot dog is sad.

There ya go.

rasabi

The joke is in the hotdogs reaction. She wished for a hotdog, some fries (both sentient for whatever reason) and then, much to the hotdog's horror, some ketchup.

Seeing as I just had to write that all out to get it across... I'll just shelve the idea methinks :P

aerc712

rasabi wrote:The joke is in the hotdogs reaction. She wished for a hotdog, some fries (both sentient for whatever reason) and then, much to the hotdog's horror, some ketchup.

Seeing as I just had to write that all out to get it across... I'll just shelve the idea methinks :P

I thought it was funny to see the hot dog's reaction when it realized what the third wish was. I do like the idea of switching to mustard. Or, what if the hot dog and the fries huddle together, terrified that they're about to be eaten.

jessicar64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicar64
no1 wrote:whirled peas

That's my first wish.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jessicar64 wrote:That's my first wish.

Homer: I'll make a wish that can't backfire! I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and... I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any more weird surprises, you got it! (Homer eats)... Mmm, not bad, nice hot mustard, good bread, turkeys a little dry... THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY!!!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

__

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq

quick sketch i came up with that's very lose (obviously). i really like the composition of the design though.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

Wow, this is a tough one since it's so wide open.

I guess you have to get the point across that there's a genie involved somehow... and that you've already had two wishes. So two other elements in the scene, plus the third one being the punch line (or whatever). TOUGH! Looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

If it helps anybody get inspired, I'm picturing kids and their silly mis-valued wishes, and though overdone, maybe something with a deserted island or roaming lost in the desert itself.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
loulousq wrote:quick sketch i came up with that's very lose (obviously).

I can't tell what's going on here... is someone fishing?

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

I wish I could beat this game!

My design for the derby... comments and suggestions welcome!

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Is this too subtle?

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
no1 wrote:Homer: I'll make a wish that can't backfire! I wish for a turkey sandwich, on rye bread, with lettuce, and mustard, and... I don't want any zombie turkeys, I don't wanna turn into a turkey myself, and I don't want any more weird surprises, you got it! (Homer eats)... Mmm, not bad, nice hot mustard, good bread, turkeys a little dry... THE TURKEY'S A LITTLE DRY!!!

Unfortunately, that was his fourth wish.