bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

I'm going to use my third wish to enforce all themes from here on out!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv

I Wish For No Heartburn

Wish 1 a cheeseburger
Wish 2 a lot of cheeseburger
Wish 3 No Heartburn

So What do you guys think?

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9

I can't believe there hasn't been an Oscar Meyer Weiner shirt design yet.

I don't know.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Why do the derby entries this week all suck so much? There's so many more submissions than normal that all would look absolutely terrible printed on a shirt. They're clever designs, but the execution is so flawed.

Please, Woot... require SOMETHING more when submitting a design. Have them take a quiz or something to see if they even understand the requirements for screen printing. I've known people who submit to not even have the original color-separated layer PSD by the time they submit.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
odysseyroc wrote:Pro Tip: Drakxxx loves long walks, sunsets, and Zamfir (master of the pan flue).

I wish for PUPPIES and BURRITOS, but not in that order.

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao

I don't understand these Derbies. The cool shirts never win, it's always these cutesy shirts. (Friday's shirt was an exception). I'm a female and most of these shirts are too girly for me. No offense to anyone. Just saying...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
dawnao wrote:I don't understand these Derbies. The cool shirts never win, it's always these cutesy shirts.

That's the demographic that Woot has cultivated.

move along

dawnao

j5 wrote:That's the demographic that Woot has cultivated.

I see

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
dawnao wrote:I see

Yeah I haven't bought a Woot shirt in a little while now.

sheviarnold

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sheviarnold

I have a very simple wish: I just want a TARDIS with a Holodeck. That way when anything got to tense with the TARDIS, I could escape reality in the Holodeck. Is that too much to ask?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Drakxxx wrote:I wish for PUPPIES and BURRITOS, but not in that order.

next week's theme: puppies and burritos in a gothic horror style.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
dawnao wrote:I don't understand these Derbies. The cool shirts never win, it's always these cutesy shirts. (Friday's shirt was an exception). I'm a female and most of these shirts are too girly for me. No offense to anyone. Just saying...

I thought about this. How many cat shirts a girl can have? and girls really like cute shirts that much? Answers I'll never find. Of all the years i'm watching woot shirts, You're the only female that said, "these shirts are too girly for me."

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

dawnao

chennai8 wrote:I thought about this. How many cat shirts a girl can have? and girls really like cute shirts that much? Answers I'll never find. Of all the years i'm watching woot shirts, You're the only female that said, "these shirts are too girly for me."

I think I'm more of the norm but apparently on Woot Shirts I'm not girly enough. I'd like Woot to have a contest that EXCLUDES all ponies, bunnies, kittens, unicorns, muffins, rainbows, lollipops, etc. That would make me squeal with delight. lol

dawnao

paaiyan wrote:Yeah I haven't bought a Woot shirt in a little while now.

No, I haven't. I buy from TeeFury quite a bit. No cutesie stuff over there.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
no1 wrote:next week's theme: puppies and burritos in a gothic horror style.

So ... burritos made of puppy-meat? O_o

kevito

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevito

I've noticed in the past few derbies that outside of the standard poorly drawn cutesy designs now people are submitting pretty blatant designbyhumans design ripoffs, and they get votes as well.

So its like you can't win one way or the other.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin

In my defense, as a submitter of a cutesy design this week, I just had to do a freakin' pony. :P

I did have a purpose behind it, though. "World peace" is the go-to cliche wish, so I took it a step further playing off of the Friendship is Magic series. All in all, this whole derby has been an odd one, in my opinion.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
no1 wrote:next week's theme: puppies and burritos in a gothic horror style.

I guess it's too late to submit my design of a puppy on the beach eating a burrito at sunset to the accompaniment of Zamfir on an iPod dock while Cthulhu rises from the ocean.

Bummer.

move along

bounty42

endangeredomega wrote:So ... burritos made of puppy-meat? O_o

I'm still a bit bummed that the Sweeny Todd shirt didn't place higher last week.

there's a distinct lack of Canibalism related shirts around here these days.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
dawnao wrote:I don't understand these Derbies. The cool shirts never win, it's always these cutesy shirts. (Friday's shirt was an exception). I'm a female and most of these shirts are too girly for me. No offense to anyone. Just saying...

I don't either...I mean I like a little cutsey, but not for every shirt...I would prefer clever over cute

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

This has been an odd derby, have we ever seen so many successful Version 2.0 designs at once? Walmazan's 2 penguins are in the fog, the 2 Firefly designs, fishbiscuit's 2nd mars design is one spot away from the fog, and pixel's 2nd version of Wishful Thinking is rising fast.

It must be the new rules encouraging multiple versions for the editors to choose from. The downside to that is if the original possibly inferior version wins the popular vote I can't see the editors picking the second version to print the next day.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

bluetuba wrote:This has been an odd derby, have we ever seen so many successful Version 2.0 designs at once? Walmazan's 2 penguins are in the fog, the 2 Firefly designs, fishbiscuit's 2nd mars design is one spot away from the fog, and pixel's 2nd version of Wishful Thinking is rising fast.

It must be the new rules encouraging multiple versions for the editors to choose from. The downside to that is if the original possibly inferior version wins the popular vote I can't see the editors picking the second version to print the next day.

We need to remind people they can unvote perhaps? I really don't see an inferior design winning popular vote though, because by definition the inferior design is the one that got fewer votes.