harantula


quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

great work!

love it!






harantula


quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

I really have fun with this episode!






j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
geminitriplets wrote:Don't get it.

Consider yourself lucky.

move along

paaiyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Why is there a lawnmower? I do not wish for lawnmowers.

paaiyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Really?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39497/1308040-iroh_dragon_of_the_west_avatar_the_last_airbender_8933996_900_990_super.jpg

paaiyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

Is that a Sukhoi SU-34?

aulm27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aulm27

I really love the reference to the classic "exactly what you asked for" genie. That and the genie looks so bored, he's not being sinister he just doesn't understand the slang after being imprisoned in a lamp for a few thousand years.

Great design!

paaiyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan

I like the idea, but everything is so... pixelly.

chewbeck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chewbeck
Re: I will name him Terry



I love this so much. So very very much. But wouldn't you name him Pterry?

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
dcastello wrote:It´s unfair to give more importance to the number of votes that the quality of the work ...



First off, I really do like the design. I voted for it and I'd like to see it print.

However, the quoted comment really threw me. What one person finds to be great or a quality design, another might hate. Everyone has different taste. The overhaul of the derby selection process has allowed for different perspectives to be considered - votes count, but so do the opinions of the woot staffers (who admitted they consider votes), and the guest editor. I just don't get the "unfair" part of that remark. The sentiment there came across pretty negatively, at least to me.

paaiyan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
dcastello wrote:It´s unfair to give more importance to the number of votes that the quality of the work ...



Welcome to American politics. Er, I mean Woot.

dcastello


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
aerc712 wrote:First off, I really do like the design. I voted for it and I'd like to see it print.

However, the quoted comment really threw me. What one person finds to be great or a quality design, another might hate. Everyone has different taste. The overhaul of the derby selection process has allowed for different perspectives to be considered - votes count, but so do the opinions of the woot staffers (who admitted they consider votes), and the guest editor. I just don't get the "unfair" part of that remark. The sentiment there came across pretty negatively, at least to me.



Yes, it´s clearly a matter of taste;)

dawnao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao

sheenachu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: Kitteh Winz



I think this is what my kittys would wish for...either this or an endless food bowl!

dawnao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
flattopfrank wrote:Dangit.. In my haste to repost this I didn't put the "r" in "for". The title should be "Essential for Time Travel"


Check out TeeFury today, they have a "I'm your Density" tee. LOL

bluetuba


quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

samanthastroud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud

So funny!! +1

orabbit


quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: A La Peanut Butter Cookies!



While trying to think of a two-dimensional character who only wants one thing in life, the Cookie Monster immediately came to mind. I hope I won't get accused of riding The Binge's coattails. Apologies to tjost.

sheenachu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: Inert Planet



This is too adorable...I want a martian lol

samanthastroud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thank you for voting for both! :D



I love this and I'm so glad you made it! I think it fits the theme perfectly and I can't wait to buy it! I do prefer this one to the 'bacon' one, but that's just my opinion...

writermist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: A La Peanut Butter Cookies!



I love the detail on this. It's about time we got a new Cookie Monster ref

writermist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Iroh's Escape



What's worse? When people enter things that have nothing to do with the theme... or when others give it a vote?

grahamcrackercoyote


quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
llamassassin wrote:Regardless of if people think it's funny or not, Woot doesn't print adult humor shirts. So it kind of surprises me that people always try to submit them.



Some folks like to be naughty and to then get rejected - habits they don't need to share.

samanthastroud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud
Re: I love it! Thanks for wishing for something so nice! GMVWorld Peace



sheenachu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: Too Many Wishes



I love this, cracks me up :D lol

samanthastroud


quality posts: 0 Private Messages samanthastroud
Re: I absolutely love this! Wonderful color scheme and perfectly done. +1Home Magical Home



dougjenn1980


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougjenn1980
Re: Iroh's Escape



Cool design, but where's the theme?

citizencoyote


quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
writermist wrote:What's worse? When people enter things that have nothing to do with the theme... or when others give it a vote?



Or how about flatly rip it off from somewhere else? (see the link in the post above yours)

VenusAD


quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Change of Heart



I reeeally hope this doesn't get rejected (and wins). Great job!

mopeloss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopeloss
lloyd2002 wrote:I understand that, but I also think you've identified the reason Woot changed the structure of the derby.

I realize a lot of this artist's designs have printed. However, when I go back and look at the sales figures (first day, and overall) for his prints, the meta of reflexively voting for favorite artists, rather than judging designs on the merits of whether or not they would sell well to a wider public is, frankly, bad for business.

I had never noticed this until I was showing the derby to my wife one week, and she asked "why the heck was that one (not mentioning which one) a winner?" I explained the meta to her, but then went to the shirt.what page and sorted by final placing ("I wouldn't buy any of these," was her comment - and she's a professional graphic artist), and then to the Reckoning page a couple weeks later to see the final figures.

So, while I understand the sentiment of "I love [insert artist's name]'s designs, and will vote for every one of them, regardless of whether they look like kindergarten scrawls", I also wonder why it took Woot so long to change their voting model.



I think the derby voting is supposed to be defined only by shirts you would buy, not by "shirts a wider public would buy". (Not saying that people actually buy the shirts they vote for.)

I think woot was right to change the derby model, but to be honest I disagree with 95% of woot editors picks (or dailies for that matter).

Mancho


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I disagree. As I explained earlier, I designed this with the theme in mind. A literal interpretation of the theme doesn't always make for a wearable shirt. My third wish was to visit Mars. This design is about visiting Mars as I envision it in my head. I believe this is on theme.



I understand. However, the shirt doesn't convey that at all. Any independent observer would only see a mars/curiosity fan shirt.

bluetuba


quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Fans Final Wish



HAH! I expected this to be Ramyb. He changed a little bit and didn't think lyonscc would mind the inspiration! Just needs an adorable little chibi River Tam.

bluetuba


quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba
Mancho wrote:I understand. However, the shirt doesn't convey that at all. Any independent observer would only see a mars/curiosity fan shirt.



If you reject this you'd have to reject a ton of other shirts for the same reason. Woot's not that bloodthirstsy when so many of the artists goof the theme up.

So really you are just arguing semantics here, no action will be taken. :P

Mancho


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
Re: Essential fo Time Travel



Very nicely drawn, but I don't see anything to do with wishes.

Mancho


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
bluetuba wrote:If you reject this you'd have to reject a ton of other shirts for the same reason. Woot's not that bloodthirstsy when so many of the artists goof the theme up.

So really you are just arguing semantics here, no action will be taken. :P



Oh, I totally agree. There's no way Woot will reject. I was just giving my opinion. I didn't report it, or anything. It's not as if the artist purposefully ignored the rules.

lloyd2002


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: Fans Final Wish


Well, besides the tasteless copying of another derby entry concept, "firefly" (as displayed here) is the copyrighted logo of the TV show, so I would guess rejection is imminent.

aerc712


quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
dcastello wrote:Yes, it´s clearly a matter of taste;)



That's the way things go with artwork. What one person loves and thinks is amazing, another might not like.

The system is set up to at least partially favor votes. But, other designs do have the opportunity to be selected/print because of the woot pick, guest editor pick, possible editor's choice pick, and honorable mentions.

Again, I like the design, but the remarks about the selection process are not coming across well. I don't know about others, but they really bugged me. Your design's not in the fog but it has gotten a fairly positive response. Enjoy that.

orabbit


quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: A La Peanut Butter Cookies!



A riff on one of the best two dimensional characters ever created. I resubbed this because I decided it looked better without the magical glow.

edit- by "two dimensional" I mean lacking depth of personality. CM is the ultimate one joke character, rivaled only by Annyong from Arrested Development.

gummalao


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gummalao
redwingsilvertail wrote:The design is beautiful, but I do not see how it is relevant to the theme... Did the person wish for a colorful sky, behind a tree, or something?



Maybe a wish that wherever they walked, there wouldn't be darkness? Thus when standing by a tree it glitters with life and outshines the darkness?

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Inert Planet



Love it DiJay!