tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Some folks like to be naughty and to then get rejected - habits they don't need to share.

Maybe if the artist had put a cat, dog, pony, or unicorn on the shirt, it wouldn't have been rejected. Some people just don't understand this contest. LOL

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: A La Peanut Butter Cookies!

Nice job! That's exactly what cookie monster would do - wish for more and more cookies. You did a great job of concealing CM but making it clear that it was him (avoiding the legal stuff). Also, I love that the Count is the genie. Nice touch with that detail!

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
aerc712 wrote:That's the way things go with artwork. What one person loves and thinks is amazing, another might not like.

The system is set up to at least partially favor votes. But, other designs do have the opportunity to be selected/print because of the woot pick, guest editor pick, possible editor's choice pick, and honorable mentions.

Again, I like the design, but the remarks about the selection process are not coming across well. I don't know about others, but they really bugged me. Your design's not in the fog but it has gotten a fairly positive response. Enjoy that.

At the moment the site seems somewhat complex, I did not know there were more opportunities for designs but were not in the fog.

Thanks for your suggestion, you´re right, and I'm glad you appreciate my design.

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: Finally Got My Letter!

I've posted a house friendly version of my Gryffindor tie design here :

sheenachu

Re: Oh to be a Gryffindor...

I've posted a house friendly version of my Gryffindor tie design here :

angiemknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angiemknight
Re: Season Two

The second entry - without "browncoat" - is no longer in the voting. ?? Though the term "browncoat" is from the movie, not series, did the powers that be decide that the second had to leave? Hmmm.

sheenachu

Re: Oh to be a Gryffindor...v2

Here is a house friendly Gryffindor tie design ...I love all houses! <3

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
Re: If Wishes Were Wings

Oh, I wish we had the gold ink back...

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
aerc712 wrote:Nice job! That's exactly what cookie monster would do - wish for more and more cookies. You did a great job of concealing CM but making it clear that it was him (avoiding the legal stuff). Also, I love that the Count is the genie. Nice touch with that detail!

That's not Count Von Count. That is none other than The Amazing Mumford of a la peanut butter sandwiches fame!

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
angiemknight wrote:The second entry - without "browncoat" - is no longer in the voting. ?? Though the term "browncoat" is from the movie, not series, did the powers that be decide that the second had to leave? Hmmm.

I still see the ability to vote on it...

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
paaiyan wrote:I like the idea, but everything is so... pixelly.

Not sure what happened to my post. Probably doing it at 3 in the morn had something to do with it. I think I'll pull it and save it for another time.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
orabbit wrote:That's not Count Von Count. That is none other than The Amazing Mumford of a la peanut butter sandwiches fame!

Thanks for the clarification! ;)

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq
toast1012 wrote:he wished for lava lamps

Why would he be disappointed then?

erniebma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erniebma
rcbustam wrote:I'm sorry to say but I really don't get this one... :/

My last lava was a lifeguard, big pecs but small brain. The lava before that was a doctor...(Sorry I'm from the East Coast--an r is optional). Actually I think the "enlightenment" response is the best one.

straightshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straightshooter
Re: Wishing for More Wishes

Are 3-D glasses required to view this?

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: Iroh's Escape

How did the Rejectionator miss this? Nevermind the whole "Nickelodeon will sue you" issue, or the accusations of it not being original work, does it even meet the "6 colors, no gradients" rules?

kevlar51

quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: A shield of my own

In response to the above discussion...

Back of shirt designs have been allowed in the past; it's just extremely rare to see them, and I'm not sure if there's ever been a back-of-shirt Derby print.

Now a two-sided print wouldn't be allowed in the derby.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
gummalao wrote:Maybe a wish that wherever they walked, there wouldn't be darkness? Thus when standing by a tree it glitters with life and outshines the darkness?

I like a lot your interpretation, thanks

facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

i'd vote for this without the thought bubble. i feel like the fact that he can't reach it gets across that he wishes he had longer arms on its own. and the design of just the t-rex and the lamp looks really nicely laid out and the bubble looks kind of crammed in there.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
redwingsilvertail wrote:The design is beautiful, but I do not see how it is relevant to the theme... Did the person wish for a colorful sky, behind a tree, or something?

thanks, ok i'll try to be more precise about the title than in my previous answer, in a previous post.I wish a world where people won't fight for power , money, petroleum, food, or simply because they have different opinions or religions.This is darkness for me.I wish a world where greed, intolerance,agressivity,lies,hate,war, guns will be inexistant.This is darkness.I wish a world where my kid and your kids will be happy to live.I wish a world where the dark side of the force will not exist.i wish a peacefull world.But any lightfull interpretation of this tittle is welcolme.

copernicium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copernicium
deborah11565 wrote:Why is a bunny humpin a carrot so popular....??

The bunny appears to be hugging the carrot, not humping it. Come on, it's not a dog, rabbits don't hump nearly as many odd things as dogs do. ;)

jovemako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovemako

well, it's a great piece of Avatar art I'll give you that. However, there's no way it'll pass in the derby.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
tomspc wrote:Maybe if the artist had put a cat, dog, pony, or unicorn on the shirt, it wouldn't have been rejected. Some people just don't understand this contest. LOL

I promise had teh artist put any of those items on the shirt, along with a used sanitary napkin, it would have been bounced as well.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
Mancho wrote:Very nicely drawn, but I don't see anything to do with wishes.

Thanks for the compliment... As far as having anything to do with wishes... "You've only got one wish left. So show us what it's gonna be." per woot... I wished for the main component of a time machine. But I figured that they wouldn't let me actually call it a "Fl#x capacitor" since they are copyright friendly...

jeleavitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeleavitt

wrong place, wrong time.oops

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: Too Many Wishes

Is that his....mouth? Does his chin have legs? Is it just an invisible window for his belly? I'm confused

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: I Wish I Could Fly

Maybe its a little late, but I did some revisions and change the tee color, I think it give more drama to the situation! and I'm more happy with this version.

I hope you like it and re-vote it!

temull2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages temull2
Re: More Sleep

First submission ever. woot!

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Loved the first one, love this one too! Voted

johnnyk71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyk71
walmazan wrote:Maybe its a little late, but I did some revisions and change the tee color, I think it give more drama to the situation! and I'm more happy with this version.

I hope you like it and re-vote it!

the first one is in the fog! i hope you left it up too.

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Mancho wrote:Very nicely drawn, but I don't see anything to do with wishes.

I think time travel is an excellent wish

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Home Magical Home

Best of the week, imho, and the only submission I've felt compelled to vote for. Sorry to see this not getting the recognition it deserves.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

HAH! I like this version

cdrewlow

quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow

Yay! Dark is still my favorite, and I like the changes you made.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I think this is a massive improvement over the first one. It has a lot more character.

limonmix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limonmix
Re: 3rd Wish For The Big One

Cute, my dog probably wishes for the same thing.

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: Final Wish

I'm amazed at how much expression you gave a trio of inanimate object with no face. Nicely done!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Day time was better because it gave the feeling of a slow disappointment because the penguin's brain was still processing what happened...
which made it funnier.

writermist

red version -> http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65254/dont-grant-its-3rd-wishred

writermist

Blue version -> http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65255/dont-grant-its-3rd-wishblue