flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
bounty42 wrote:I promise had teh artist put any of those items on the shirt, along with a used sanitary napkin, it would have been bounced as well.

It was refurbished... Maybe it would have been better with a hamster ?

D4rklight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D4rklight

I NEED this shirt in my life. If it wins, I will buy it in a nanosecond.

Re: Say your right words

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: I will name him Terry

Oh yeah, I'm in for this one.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
j5 wrote:For the chick in the bikini, obviously. Give her heels and she aerates also.

Brilliant.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
Re: I Wish I Could Fly

While the other one has a subtler tone with him gazing out the window, I have to say the bug-eyed look of alarm is something that just makes me burst out laughing every time I see it.

GMV as always good sir.

poundpuppy05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages poundpuppy05
harantula wrote:zelda rules, voted!!

As does Fable

jadeirene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jadeirene

Oops, posted in wrong thread.

no1spatial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages no1spatial
Re: Wish Big

The first wish, you were so excited you just blurted out Serentiy Season Two before you'd even thought things through and realized that Serenity was a movie. Still, you enjoyed the sequel, even if it was a shame about Zoe. Well, after the events of the first movie she's probably happier.
The second wish, that was mainly because you were still thinking about that first one and you wanted to get it right. But then you got through Firefly Season Two and realized you were in the same position you were at the end of season one. It was just so good (even after Simon Tam and Badger died, quite unnecessarily, you thought), you wanted it to go on forever.
Your third wish made everything right with the world. Sure, it was a little hard to keep watching year after year after year after year after year after year after year, especially when Jayne went out (in a blaze of glory, naturally), and you weren't sure how they were going to keep it going once Captain Mal kicked the bucket, but it turns out Firefly: the Afterlife solves a lot of those problems. Enjoy eternity.

no1spatial

Sorry, all, I couldn't resist.

barefists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barefists
Re: No more wishes

Sometimes your wish is for the wish to last forever.

duckduckduckduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duckduckduckduck
writermist wrote:Day time was better because it gave the feeling of a slow disappointment because the penguin's brain was still processing what happened...
which made it funnier.

I agree. This design is a little too dramatic for me. I'd prefer the daytime design with the penguin looking subtly disappointed.

octav1an

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octav1an

no-no, its a pop quiz tv show

octav1an

Re: Fans Final Wish

no. not again

octav1an

Re: Game Genie v2.0

This looks like a crutch

jaybird0622

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaybird0622
llamassassin wrote:I love The Last Unicorn! Did you know that they are cleaning up the animation and re-releasing it in theaters?

My Little Pony and The Last Unicorn growing up. I think you and I would have been friends.

I finally got a copy of the last unicorn, I cried when I read the book, but I love the movie and the book

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Thank you for the nice words!! I knew this was going to be too geeky maybe, but I had a lot of fun!:D

kimiken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimiken

Oh, sorry! I'm new on woot. Didn't know there is a theme.

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
kimiken wrote:Oh, sorry! I'm new on woot. Didn't know there is a theme.

And rules. Don't forget rules. And submission guidelines.

grecom25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grecom25

It bothers me that people don't say Pteranodon.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Wishful Thinking

This is the most clever, funny shirt in the derby IMO. Really awesome job!

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
jlc40 wrote:?

Two big melons and a small ass.

move along

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
truffleshuffle wrote:This is the most clever, funny shirt in the derby IMO. Really awesome job!

I agree! Every time I see it I smile! I have some designs entered too, but I really feel that this one is the best and most original!

sheenachu

I feel like the fog is about to be filled with all of the same shirts in different versions...

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: Wish Big

What is it about people copying the design concept (almost verbatim) of a shirt already in the fog.

Like the other "firefly" shirt, this one should, and probably will, be rejected, since using the copyrighted name of a movie/TV Show is an auto-reject.

I don't know if the original artist, who I'm too lazy to look up, should be flattered or pissed. Or, for the conspiracy-minded, maybe these are just being tossed out there to pull votes away from the fogged designs.

ohaisup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohaisup

Loved the first one. Really really really love this one. I hope this one gets it!

sheenachu

duckduckduckduck wrote:I agree. This design is a little too dramatic for me. I'd prefer the daytime design with the penguin looking subtly disappointed.

I like the daytime one better too, I like that you can't see his face, but you still feel the dissappointment

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: No more wishes

Hah, that's funny.. poor genie

KjAcK89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KjAcK89
facemeetpavement wrote:i'd vote for this without the thought bubble. i feel like the fact that he can't reach it gets across that he wishes he had longer arms on its own. and the design of just the t-rex and the lamp looks really nicely laid out and the bubble looks kind of crammed in there.

I totally agree (though I will be voting for this anyway, as it makes me laugh). I think it's actually funnier without the thought bubble, because what he wishes for isn't relevant; just the fact that he can't reach the lamp is funny enough!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
lloyd2002 wrote:What is it about people copying the design concept (almost verbatim) of a shirt already in the fog.

Like the other "firefly" shirt, this one should, and probably will, be rejected, since using the copyrighted name of a movie/TV Show is an auto-reject.

I don't know if the original artist, who I'm too lazy to look up, should be flattered or pissed. Or, for the conspiracy-minded, maybe these are just being tossed out there to pull votes away from the fogged designs.

I'm not convinced this isn't the same artist (lyonscc) using a pseudo. Check the account creation date and submission.

move along

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
j5 wrote:I'm not convinced this isn't the same artist (lyonscc) using a pseudo. Check the account creation date and submission.

For the record, this definitely isn't me.

The primary reason I went with the Serenity logo in my design (minus the Chinese symbol for serenity) vs. the Firefly one was that ... there is no Firefly "logo" other than the name, itself, which is copyrighted.

I won't go with lloyd's conspiracy theory, but it is pretty silly to have two obvious knock-off designs from two new accounts in as many days.

Such is life.

no1spatial

lyonscc wrote:For the record, this definitely isn't me.

The primary reason I went with the Serenity logo in my design (minus the Chinese symbol for serenity) vs. the Firefly one was that ... there is no Firefly "logo" other than the name, itself, which is copyrighted.

I won't go with lloyd's conspiracy theory, but it is pretty silly to have two obvious knock-off designs from two new accounts in as many days.

Such is life.

Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.

starman27

quality posts: 1 Private Messages starman27
Re: Say your right words

This reminds me of the babe.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
no1spatial wrote:Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.

this really HAS been a weird derby. More than once I've thought to myself, "Wut." :P Glad that you did this as a joke and not a true rip off, but it's probably still going to tick people off.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Awesome!

llamassassin

Necrotech wrote:Edited the text as suggested by llamassassin.
Kinda hoping it reflects the OOTS on the left and MLP on the right, a bit more.

This is better. What I try to keep in mind is finding a font that matches the art style or overall "feel" of a design. For example, on this design, your art work has kind of a rounded look and thicker outlines, so I would have picked a font that's rounded and has a bolded (or thicker) look to it. If you google dafont, the website has a lot of free fonts and you're bound to find some fun ones to go with your designs. They even have them categorized by style.

llamassassin

starman27 wrote:This reminds me of the babe.

What babe?

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: World Peach (stupid autocorrect) V2

I know you're probably sick of hearing critiques by now, but I think it would be better with the original picture (this one is too centered, I think) and just saying "world peach" above it, then "stupid autocorrect" below it. That way it's spelled out, but not TOO spelled out.

I love the idea, by the way!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
llamassassin wrote:What babe?

The babe with the power.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86
Re: The wish

But... I like school