mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
Re: I Wish I Could Fly

Yikes this one is awful. First one please!

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
bluetuba wrote:...Nerds are sort of people this will attract and nerds will point out the bacon stripes being wrong on the other one. :P

Yes but nerds are actual bona fide brainiacs. Believe me, I am one.

Edit:Lol "brainiacs" god bless woot filter. Arse-bandits!

Edit: And arse bandits is all good? You one sick puppy woot.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
no1spatial wrote:Here, I'll give you the whole scoop on how/why this design came to be. It was born out of the baffling (to me) rise of the rip off of your original design last night. This derby has been very strange from the start, even including the lack of rejections of designs that should probably really be rejected. So, in the mood that I was last night, I decided to poke a little fun at the derby with this design. It's not intended to pull votes away from yours, as with the late start I don't think it could come anywhere close anyway. It's just meant to encompass what I thought was the weirdness of this week's derby. Hope I didn't offend too much.

Pretty evident what's going on. Someone took issue of using the Serenity logo/font for a Firefly design and did their own. The minions of OMGFirefly! sheeple voted reflexively.

move along

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: darkness anymore

I agree it's a beautiful design. But without explanation it wouldn't be connected to a wish on first glance. Although that's the case with the majority of the designs in this derby, so why not, right? :p

Anyway, very pretty artwork. You got skillz!

llamassassin

truffleshuffle wrote:The babe with the power.

What power?

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
Re: Evolve Me!

This is awesome -- very creative and excellently executed!

Took me a second look to notice the nucleus/chromosomes and organelles...great details!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: 1, 2, 3 Winged Wild Dogs!

I still don't get it.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
llamassassin wrote:What power?

The power of the voodoo.

rootofcheese

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rootofcheese
annkingwriter wrote:He wished for more lamps.

Ah! Thank you. Now I get it. If you can't wish for more wishes, try wishing for more lamps. With genies. Gotta be specific about what kind of lamp.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rootofcheese wrote:Ah! Thank you. Now I get it. If you can't wish for more wishes, try wishing for more lamps. With genies. Gotta be specific about what kind of lamp.

Yeah because if you end up with these, I suspect you get no genie.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: iWish

Love the idea Should this be a "1" if there is only 1 wish left? Not a big deal though...just thought I'd throw it out there

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon
Re: My 3rd & Last Wish

This seems like all text to me

stm027

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stm027
truffleshuffle wrote:The power of the voodoo.

Who do?

I put chemicals in your food... seriously

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: World Peace

Thank you all for the comments! ellegee, I like yours also!

stephwak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stephwak

Staff

j5 wrote:Two big melons and a small ass.

I thought it was a cute ass.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
stm027 wrote:Who do?

You do!

*You people have uncovered my only weakness: a complete inability to not finish any and all labyrinth quotes. How did you know???*

mogli75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mogli75
Re: I Wish I Could Fly

L O L !

bounty42

stephwak wrote:I thought it was a cute ass.

It could be both a cute ass and a small ass, but it's lack of diploma and cap mean that it is not a taught ass. Though there may still be a smart ass around here.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

mailmanmo wrote:Yes but nerds are actual bona fide brainiacs. Believe me, I am one.

Edit:Lol "brainiacs" god bless woot filter. Arse-bandits!

Edit: And arse bandits is all good? You one sick puppy woot.

To quote Kid and Play "I thought I was in here murders' and stranglers, y'all nothin but a bunch of rump wranglers."

bounty42

blondegordon wrote:This seems like all text to me

Technically it's Mostly text, we don't have a lamp button on our keyboard, and is probably a violation of the rules as intended, but until one of these gets into the top 20, Woot's not going to act on it, and besides, how would you phrase it so that entries like this are ineligable?

llamassassin

truffleshuffle wrote:You do!

*You people have uncovered my only weakness: a complete inability to not finish any and all labyrinth quotes. How did you know???*

Do what? ;)

kimiken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimiken
paaiyan wrote:And rules. Don't forget rules. And submission guidelines.

Sorry, again, paaiyan! I will put on my glasses, next time i read them

elizabrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabrat
Re: Wishful Thinking

So I can't buy this one? I soooo want it! I had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago and have a "t-Rex" arm because I have to keep it close to my body while it heals. I'm not allowed to extend it out for another 6 weeks, so this design totally epitomizes my situation. =-)

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
elizabrat wrote:So I can't buy this one? I soooo want it! I had shoulder surgery 6 weeks ago and have a "t-Rex" arm because I have to keep it close to my body while it heals. I'm not allowed to extend it out for another 6 weeks, so this design totally epitomizes my situation. =-)

Not yet, this is a contest and this one is somewhere in the top 9. Friday at midnight the # 1 vote getter will print, so tune in then to find out! Saturday and Sunday are editor's choice picks from this derby and I think this one has a solid shot at being picked. It's well drawn and hilarious.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

chronos825

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chronos825
Re: Dream fulfilled...

I love bunnies so I would totally buy this.

KierDran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KierDran

Oh my gosh, this is SO AWESOME. It reminds me of the quote (Sorry if I mess it up a little) "My head is really really big, and my arms are really really short, and I don't think you've thought this plan through.... Master."

superwom4n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superwom4n
Re: Inert Planet

I love this! It's done really well

stm027

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stm027
llamassassin wrote:Do what? ;)

Remind me of the... time when we though we could get this shirt

I put chemicals in your food... seriously

pnb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pnb

Keeping my hopes up for this one, I definitely want it. Great work on the design.

barefists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barefists
bluetuba wrote:Hah, that's funny.. poor genie

Thanks! :D

flattopfrank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: ...Infinite Wishes...

Awesome artwork... My two cents of constructive criticism. I think it would look a lot better without the thought bubble. I say ditch the bubble and post a second edition along with the one that's already posted.. That being said you've got my vote on this one.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
pnb wrote:Keeping my hopes up for this one, I definitely want it. Great work on the design.

Thanks, pnb! I'm crossing my fingers too. I want to wear it!! :D

barefists

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barefists
sheenachu wrote:Love the idea Should this be a "1" if there is only 1 wish left? Not a big deal though...just thought I'd throw it out there

Yea, I was debating between 1 and 3 when I made the design actually.

Putting "1" would make it more relevant to this competition, but it might not make sense to people who see it on a shirt in the streets.

If this was a shirt and it was actually printed, a "3" on it would help people get the reference of Aladdin's 3 wishes.

Anyway, that was what was going through my head when I made this - sometimes I think I think too much. :/

trireeme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trireeme
Re: the third way

really hope this one wins, the art style is incredible

j5

stephwak wrote:I thought it was a cute ass.

Cute little ass, then?

move along

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Wishful Thinking (Thoughtless Edition)

There was interest in seeing the original Wishful Thinking design without the thought bubble. It worked nicely as a bonus joke, but I understand conveying something in it's simplest form works well on shirts.
Feel free to vote as you please on either and thanks for all the helpful feedback.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

I'm extremely torn because I was thinking this same thing, but now looking at it I think the other might look better on the shirt. The thought bubble aesthetically kind of rounds the design out and adds nice contrast. I also think it does actually add a little contrast and character to the design even though I thought it was unnecessary when I saw the first design.

Anyway, I like them both and wish you the best of luck on a print!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

mrwednesday wrote:I'm extremely torn because I was thinking this same thing.

Thanks mwednesday. They both work for me. This one for the core joke, and the original because I find the muscle-rex quite funny as well. You could argue that the thought bubble is the punchline for another shirt where the t-rex is pumping iron or something. (Can I call dibs on my own idea so I can make a sequel?)
We are now in a situation where there are three audiences choosing designs; voters, editors and the guest judge. There was nothing lost in giving them another choice.

j5

mrwednesday wrote:I'm extremely torn because I was thinking this same thing, but now looking at it I think the other might look better on the shirt. The thought bubble aesthetically kind of rounds the design out and adds nice contrast. I also think it does actually add a little contrast and character to the design even though I thought it was unnecessary when I saw the first design.

Anyway, I like them both and wish you the best of luck on a print!

Don't worry, the bubble one will win the top votes.

move along

llamassassin

stm027 wrote:Remind me of the... time when we though we could get this shirt

NOOO! I never got to do a David Bowie part! * puts on tight pants * REMIND ME OF THE BABE!