jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
facemeetpavement wrote:i'd vote for this without the thought bubble. i feel like the fact that he can't reach it gets across that he wishes he had longer arms on its own. and the design of just the t-rex and the lamp looks really nicely laid out and the bubble looks kind of crammed in there.

agreed, I didn't even get it until I saw it without the bubble

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
j5 wrote:Don't worry, the bubble one will win the top votes.

I know. Not that I've posted it anywhere for proof, but I called to two winners so far with the new format. I'm sure a lot of other people including yourself have as well. It's been pretty easy I think partially because, for whatever reason, the voters are making really good decisions. My question is would woot print both if for example Drakxxx thought this one should print after the thought bubble had already taken Summer's Over!

edit:

I have no idea why I typed "the Drakxxx" he doesn't even go by that (unless he wants to).

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Wishful Thinking (Thoughtless Edition)

mrwednesday wrote:I have no idea why I typed "the Drakxxx" he doesn't even go by that (unless he wants to).

The Drakxxx abides

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
mrwednesday wrote:I know. Not that I've posted it anywhere for proof, but I called to two winners so far with the new format. I'm sure a lot of other people including yourself have as well. It's been pretty easy I think partially because, for whatever reason, the voters are making really good decisions.

Yeah, I think I called the last two derbies across the board, though I got the order wrong last week, and I still think it's because EC stole GE's choice and he had to pick again.
I think the easy pickin's for top spot is because the standouts have been rather obvious in the last two derbies.

My question is would woot print both if for example Drakxxx thought this one should print after the thought bubble had already taken first?

I don't think so. This one is dangerously close to "T-Rex hates pushups"

move along

littlepony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlepony
Re: I want that cake!

I would wear it.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Wishful Thinking

facemeetpavement wrote:i'd vote for this without the thought bubble.

KjAcK89 wrote:I totally agree

Your wish is my command. There is now a thoughtless version to vote for. You have two wishes left.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Say your right words

Awww, sorry Truffle, this is an awesome shirt.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Season Two

Love the placement, and the font below is just oh so well chosen.

AdderXYU

Re: Home Magical Home

I'm not sure if it fits the theme, but it's actually well done, so bravo on that.

AdderXYU

Re: Master**** of the lamp

I don't at all blame the rejectionator, but damnation do iloveilovedoodle.

rermjmt

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rermjmt

[quote]Re: [url=/derby/entry/65190/darkness-anymore]darkness anymore
[/

I really like this design and the meaning as well. I hope I can buy this shirt. very well done!

ninjahawkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ninjahawkins
miguelsierra wrote:Thank you!

I must have this shirt! It fits the theme PERFECTLY! If this doesn't get printed, I will be distraught! You should make more Adventure Time shirts in the future for aure.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Re: Master**** of the lamp

That's pretty darn hilarious. Alas.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: i-Pad (refurbished)

annnnnd....the 'wish' part is what again?

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
Re: Outsourced Genie

My first submission...go easy on me, but do give constructive criticism. I would like to learn. Thanks!

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Fans Final Wish

I don't get it... why was this rejected but not the two in the winner's circle.

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
Re: JAVASCRIPTSTER

I'm afraid I don't understand this...

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

Merseine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Merseine

"No text only designs."

atlanticavenue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlanticavenue

One of my favorite stories as a kid! So happy to see this! Nice job

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
AdderXYU wrote:Love the placement, and the font below is just oh so well chosen.

This must be sarcasm Wednesday.

move along

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Say Your Words (RESUB)

I tried to make this even less copyright-infringementy so please re-vote!

anknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anknight
jbaswell wrote:True -- symbol and font are far more reminiscent of Serenity. Firefly didn't have a symbol that I can see. You could probably do a pretty good mockup of it if you could duplicate the font and lighting style of the "fiery letters" they used, but that would be pretty plain without something non-copyrighted in the background. (Maybe a Firefly style 6-shooter or Jane's hat...)

Still, this one gets the point across well enough for fans of the show without breaking copyrights.

I just noticed that two other designs that DID mention Firefly with the text/logo were rejected - this is definitely the way to go. Well done!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
photogrartist wrote:My first submission...go easy on me, but do give constructive criticism. I would like to learn. Thanks!

Learn your audience. Woot has a long standing 'no potty humor' rule in place, as well as tending to avoid making fun of groups of people for something like an accent.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
Re: Are you sure?

This is one of my favorites in the derby, the humor is very clever (this guy really has his priorities straight). Surprised it hasn't gotten more votes, though I suppose the shape does look a little awkward on the tee.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Say your right words

If you're feeling sad about this shirt getting rejected, please go vote on the re-sub! Thanks

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
truffleshuffle wrote:I tried to make this even less copyright-infringementy so please re-vote!

fail

halcyonights

quality posts: 2 Private Messages halcyonights

I was so worried this was going to happen. Why didn't woot make the decision to pull it earlier so that there could be more time for a resub to gain some momentum?

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I got a chuckle out of this. Unfortunately, this wouldn't really fly with a new shirt. A little controversial with the racial joke (even though no particular race is indicated) and the potty humor.

I think the artwork is pretty good though. A nice comic style. Much better than the 1995 style clip art that I see half the submissions created in.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37
Re: No More Debugging

If only....

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
writermist wrote:I don't get it... why was this rejected but not the two in the winner's circle.

Taking a stab at it - the other two designs do not use copyrighted phrases or images. "Firefly" is the registered copyright of the Television show, and can't be used in a design because of the copyright and the lack of parody in this design.

The other two designs remaining do not use copyrighted images or words in them.

writermist

lloyd2002 wrote:Taking a stab at it - the other two designs do not use copyrighted phrases or images. "Firefly" is the registered copyright of the Television show, and can't be used in a design because of the copyright and the lack of parody in this design.

The other two designs remaining do not use copyrighted images or words in them.

but i research the show... there's no star logo and the title doesn't have the glow.
and it looks better than those winning ones. I'd be surprised if they sell.

new rule... the shirt must be more than 75% design than words

writermist

Re: Say Your Words (RESUB)

Damn... I hate it when woot is late in removing shirts. This shirt is no more copyrighted than all those alladin shirts

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
barefists wrote:Yea, I was debating between 1 and 3 when I made the design actually.

Putting "1" would make it more relevant to this competition, but it might not make sense to people who see it on a shirt in the streets.

If this was a shirt and it was actually printed, a "3" on it would help people get the reference of Aladdin's 3 wishes.

Anyway, that was what was going through my head when I made this - sometimes I think I think too much. :/

Oh yeah that makes sense I say the "3" definitely works then! I know what you mean about over thinking! :P

internetlad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages internetlad

So wrong, yet so right. I'd buy one and wear it at home much to the dismay of my freinds and family.

I live in wyoming where foreigners, change, and pretty much anything besides livestock and guns are generally hated

logicdreamer314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logicdreamer314
Re: No More Debugging

Now that is a good final wish! I like the idea :-) As far as execution, the design is a bit busy. I think it would look cleaner and get the same idea across much faster if the picture was cropped just around the Tool drop-down menu with about an inch of fade out around it.

internetlad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages internetlad
Re: Curiosity v.2

I prefer this one. Less busy.

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
deadeye37 wrote:I got a chuckle out of this. Unfortunately, this wouldn't really fly with a new shirt. A little controversial with the racial joke (even though no particular race is indicated) and the potty humor.

I think the artwork is pretty good though. A nice comic style. Much better than the 1995 style clip art that I see half the submissions created in.

I think its funny and you have a nice style, but it could be offensive to some folks. I come from a middle eastern family and am not offended, but everyone is different lol.

I think you could get this same concept across with different imagery, like maybe an item expressing a word that means one thing here, but something totally different in another country. Idk...just a thought!

tommullin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommullin
flattopfrank wrote:Awesome artwork... My two cents of constructive criticism. I think it would look a lot better without the thought bubble. I say ditch the bubble and post a second edition along with the one that's already posted.. That being said you've got my vote on this one.

Thanks for your comment.

My thoughts: Without the thought bubble, it's just a genie illustration and it would barely fit the theme of this design challenge.

Giraffe088

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giraffe088

I like the Tshirt with the '3'. I wouldn't want it if it had a '1.'

ihgg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ihgg
Re: Ancient Psychic Tandem WAR ELEPHANT!

Best design so far! Only one I'd truly love to wear. I didn't even get the reference just love the idea of an "Ancient-psychic-tandem-war-elephant"!!! Did I mention the design was awesome? Love the color choice as well.