cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Master**** of the lamp

Best shirt in the derby by far.

corryr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corryr
Re: Season Two (Version Two)

So wearing this April First if it prints!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
truffleshuffle wrote:If you're feeling sad about this shirt getting rejected, please go vote on the re-sub! Thanks

Guessing they thought it was too good and off, because it's been Fogged for at least 1, if not both, previous rejectionator passes.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Are you sure?

nice design, good drawing and its funny

mheym56820

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mheym56820
Re: Dream fulfilled...

I would buy this if made available

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
halcyonights wrote:I was so worried this was going to happen. Why didn't woot make the decision to pull it earlier so that there could be more time for a resub to gain some momentum?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. It made it through multiple rejectionator passes so I thought I was safe. I guess not though. It must have just taken them a while to deliberate. I'm still hoping I have a chance of being picked by Drakxxx or the Woot staff though! *fingers crossed*

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: darkness anymore

thanks a lot

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
deadeye37 wrote:I got a chuckle out of this. Unfortunately, this wouldn't really fly with a new shirt. A little controversial with the racial joke (even though no particular race is indicated) and the potty humor.

Hmmm...I guess if I think about it it, I suppose it might be taken as racist. It wasn't intended at all. But I guess it'll get rejected because of this...*headbang*...haha oh well...live and learn...Thanks for your comment!

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

photogrartist

Mavyn wrote:Learn your audience. Woot has a long standing 'no potty humor' rule in place, as well as tending to avoid making fun of groups of people for something like an accent.

Thanks...I have friends of all races and have nothing against any race...but I hear you...

Don't go swimming.

photogrartist

sheenachu wrote:I think its funny and you have a nice style, but it could be offensive to some folks. I come from a middle eastern family and am not offended, but everyone is different lol.

I think you could get this same concept across with different imagery, like maybe an item expressing a word that means one thing here, but something totally different in another country. Idk...just a thought!

Thanks for your insight. The process takes a long time for me to draw something good, and I can't think of anything like what you said, so I guess I have learned my lesson.

I have nothing against any race. I didn't realize that this could be a bit insensitive. Apologies. I guess it'll be rejected anyway...

Don't go swimming.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
truffleshuffle wrote:Yeah, I was wondering that too. It made it through multiple rejectionator passes so I thought I was safe. I guess not though. It must have just taken them a while to deliberate. I'm still hoping I have a chance of being picked by Drakxxx or the Woot staff though! *fingers crossed*

I recall someone saying that rejections of fogged entries take a committee to decide? Maybe legal folks? Legal folks are slow to decide, in my experience.

move along

halcyonights

quality posts: 2 Private Messages halcyonights
truffleshuffle wrote:Yeah, I was wondering that too. It made it through multiple rejectionator passes so I thought I was safe. I guess not though. It must have just taken them a while to deliberate. I'm still hoping I have a chance of being picked by Drakxxx or the Woot staff though! *fingers crossed*

I mean it seems silly to me. They've got a shirt featuring what is clearly the cookie monster that they've sold tons of shirts of, and this comes a long and is too close to copyright infringement?

Did they try and contact The Jim Henson Company to see if it would be alright? A simple e-mail? I don't think dear Jim would be all that upset about this if he were still alive... Then again I'm sure there's a board of directors that may just think differently...

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Wish Big

man i liked this one waaaay better than the one in the fog B^(

manikx66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

looks like it tickles haha

Re: Curiosity

manikx66

Great pose and design

Re: Wishful Thinking

manikx66

haha great

photogrartist

morningsong wrote:I played around for hours trying to depict "Imagine" by John Lennon. Gave up and did this instead. This was from a watercolor I did. It was interesting trying to condense the colors to six...

Wow. How did you turn a watercolor into six colors? Did you use the posterize adjustment in photoshop?
I am interested to learn.

Don't go swimming.

marifig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marifig

The darkness are clouds, darlings. It looks like it might clear up to be a beautiful day.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: To Fly

The best of the luck Jorge!

walmazan

Re: The Oz desires

this is one of my favorites!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
halcyonights wrote:I mean it seems silly to me. They've got a shirt featuring what is clearly the cookie monster that they've sold tons of shirts of, and this comes a long and is too close to copyright infringement?

The problem isn't that it's recognizable. The difference between this shirt and The Binge is that The Binge is clearly parody, and this isn't. So even though most of the goblins are truffle's, the reference is obvious and without parody, that makes it too risky for woot to run.

I think the delay may have been caused by the need for everybody to finish crying about not being able to print this before they were able to hit the button. Short of getting Froud himself to do it, I can't imagine anyone better than truffle to do this shirt, and I for one would dearly love to own it.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee
Re: Inert Planet

I want to pick him up and hug him!

ciaralee

aerc712 wrote:Nice job! That's exactly what cookie monster would do - wish for more and more cookies. You did a great job of concealing CM but making it clear that it was him (avoiding the legal stuff). Also, I love that the Count is the genie. Nice touch with that detail!

I thought the Count also...clearly Mumford doesn't get enough attention.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Say Your Words (RESUB)

i think this is the only shirt i would actually purchase this derby, i really really hope it gets back into the fog because this deserves to be first place!!!

ciaralee

Re: Outsourced Genie

My suggestion would be peas on earth instead...

photogrartist

ciaralee wrote:My suggestion would be peas on earth instead...

That is a good suggestion! But even if I did have time to change it, I wonder if it would still be considered racism...but thanks for your suggestion. I might use it in the future.

Don't go swimming.

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
Radscoolian wrote:Really well done! You do have great style!
The border could use some work, but that's one of the hardest things for me to figure out. It's a great illustration though.

Agreed and only when I read the comment underneath yours I can see where I could have gone with the border >_<

antastic

speedlazer wrote:This is one of my favorites in the derby, the humor is very clever (this guy really has his priorities straight). Surprised it hasn't gotten more votes, though I suppose the shape does look a little awkward on the tee.

Thanks! After reading your comment I think I know where I could have gone differently for the border/shape. Sometimes drawing late at night to try and submit a derby before Friday can hurt the drawing a bit haha

antastic

artguyaaron wrote:nice design, good drawing and its funny

Thank you times 3!

rosiest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosiest

By far the best shirt that has anything to do with the mythical and often wished for Season Two. Hope this shirt makes it!

69mcglovin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 69mcglovin

As a Kansan, there's nothing I love more than a good wizard of oz joke. NOT.

69mcglovin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 69mcglovin

So I'm new to the t shirt part of woot and I wanna know WHEN I CAN BUY THIS SHIRT.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness
Re: Dream fulfilled...

This looks like part of a design submitted a few derbies back...(Comfort food?) Or maybe I've just seen too many bunnies and carrots, and ponies and cats (at least here haven't been anymore nyan cats)in my short time here.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
69mcglovin wrote:So I'm new to the t shirt part of woot and I wanna know WHEN I CAN BUY THIS SHIRT.

The first place winner will be announced Friday at midnight CST. Saturday woot will reveal the Editors' choice and Sunday the Guest Editor's selection. Welcome to woot!

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness

I've been trying not to buy so many black shirts these days, but I'd buy this in a heart beat. It's lovely and I really hope it prints. <3

walmazan

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
j5 wrote:This must be sarcasm Wednesday.

i am offended you would make such an accusation. Wednesday and I have always been different people.

If anything, I am Sarcasm Gomez.

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
photogrartist wrote:Thanks for your insight. The process takes a long time for me to draw something good, and I can't think of anything like what you said, so I guess I have learned my lesson.

I have nothing against any race. I didn't realize that this could be a bit insensitive. Apologies. I guess it'll be rejected anyway...

I still think its great though and creative...can't wait to see more of your work in the next derby!

astrolion5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astrolion5
Re: The shapes are always happier with a different side. To Be Like You...

kdelany

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdelany
Re: Not what I meant

Very sweet. It's the hugging the lamp along with the disappointed looking at the window!