dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
Re: Curiosity

I'm curious as to what the heck a fishbiscuit is.

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
Re: The most dangerous wish

I tried to illustrate the cat asking for an opposable thumb. It would be the most dangerous wish...

Averages 10 votes per round ;)

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
darling375 wrote:Thanks so much! I'm on it!

I'd also add something like "and for my third wish"
But that's just for me :0)

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
dbenton25 wrote:I'm curious as to what the heck a fishbiscuit is.

It's from LOST! They fed Fishbiscuits to Sawyer... mmm Sawyer.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: My very own shield

The is a back of shirt design.

Helen603

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Helen603
Re: Dream Big

Aw it's just so cute! I want it!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
grrlmarvel wrote:It's from LOST! They fed Fishbiscuits to Sawyer... mmm Sawyer.

heh. I now suddenly want to make a shirt wishing for a different finale to LOST.

anknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anknight
melaniegidden wrote:I really love this idea.. but wouldn't it be your die-hard Firefly fans?

I think there are a lot more die-hard fans than one would realize - I love it!!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
flattopfrank wrote:Dangit.. In my haste to repost this I didn't put the "r" in "for". The title should be "Essential for Time Travel"

That's okay we knew what you meant ;)

cruzino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzino
j5 wrote:Glad to see you took the advice offered by many in the pre-derby thread.

Enjoy your inevitable rejection.

Wow J5! Are you always so harsh? You see an OUTLINE of a nipple and you take offense? There's no need to be so harsh. Common courtesy is a nice thing - try it.

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
Re: World Peach (stupid autocorrect) V2

Resubmitted with text, as recommended by the wise ones of the Woot.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

Soooo many cheeseburgers. I love the happy cat on this. Great job!

freshmutton wrote:My first cat shirt. A big moment for any shirt designer. Hope you like it.

darling375

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darling375
darling375 wrote:Thanks so much! I'm on it!

I went with 'stupid', as that's what I find myself muttering when it happens. Thanks again!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
oakenspirit wrote:heh. I now suddenly want to make a shirt wishing for a different finale to LOST.

I would LOVE that design! Yes, my handle was inspired by LOST. I was watching the fishbiscuit episode when I made my woot account to buy Travis' "1985 BC" shirt!

The inspiration for my nickname. I miss Sawyer too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6uAAFdJMBc

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cruzino wrote:Wow J5! Are you always so harsh? You see an OUTLINE of a nipple and you take offense? There's no need to be so harsh. Common courtesy is a nice thing - try it.

What makes you think he takes offense? Naked b00bies will get rejected every time. Yeah it's just a shadow version but it'll still get axed. Just wait and see.

The artist could have saved himself some trouble by listening to feedback he solicited by posting in the pre-derby thread and updated his design accordingly.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
nestersoup wrote:Also, as obvious, I'm not new, just made an account as to not let the on-topic design I posted already get shunned because I have an opinion against the woot cool crowd.

No offense but your words would hold a lot more weight if you provided criticism from your actual account.

There's no secret woot cabal out to quash any discord and lay waste to the designs of non-believers. Man (or woman) up and be willing to post as yourself instead of behind a double curtain of anonymity.

And I say that as someone who is not one of the cool kids...

crzyjournalist03

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crzyjournalist03
Re: Unicorn Wishes

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this look a little too much like Princess Celestia?

*looks around at stares* What? I've got a four year-old who's obsessed with MLP. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Little Boys And Genies Don't Mix

Patrick, I love your designs! (Wearing Acquired Taste right now!)

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq
j5 wrote:Glad to see you took the advice offered by many in the pre-derby thread.

Enjoy your inevitable rejection.

I have a day job and I don't sit in front of a computer watching critique from the other artists. I got it the first time and I will make the changes on MY time.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
nestersoup wrote:Don't get me wrong. as I said, I share your fascination and think your design is quite cute.

Also, as obvious, I'm not new, just made an account as to not let the on-topic design I posted already get shunned because I have an opinion against the woot cool crowd.

Didn't mean to make you pull out your passive aggressive sarcasm boom sticks.

Guess I'll enter my smiley-faced zombie shirt and say my third wish was for zombies.

People like zombies so its guaranteed votes!

You're saying you are an artist in this derby and you made a fake account just to criticize my entry? I wish you the best of luck with your entry. I'd love to know which one it is because if I like it, I would vote for it. You would gain more respect for stating your opinion as yourself instead of hiding behind a fake account. As you know, woot is full of opinions. We're all adults. We can handle constructive criticism.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

biogreat!

{{volmod edit: This is your second warning. NO ADVERTISING DERBY ENTRIES IN YOUR COMMENTS, PLEASE. NONE. NADA. NON. DON'T DO IT. STOP.}}

loulousq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loulousq
bluetuba wrote:What makes you think he takes offense? Naked b00bies will get rejected every time. Yeah it's just a shadow version but it'll still get axed. Just wait and see.

The artist could have saved himself some trouble by listening to feedback he solicited by posting in the pre-derby thread and updated his design accordingly.

I am a woman...

miguelsierra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miguelsierra
writermist wrote:I don't get it. What does this have to do with wishing?

It's from one of the best episodes of Adventure Time, Finn & Jake's third wish!

harantula

i really like the colours!

{{volmod edit: This is your second warning. NO ADVERTISING DERBY ENTRIES IN YOUR COMMENTS, PLEASE. NONE. NADA. NON. DON'T DO IT. STOP.}}

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Season Two

I get it, but the composition needs a lot of work.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink

Very Cool design and very fitting for what is currently going on in our world today! This is probably in every kids top ten wish list these days! Think we're all more enthused and excited about space after watching the landing of Curiosity on Mars! Great layout,tight color scheme, and clean rendering! Nicely Done! P.S. If you hadn't done this design...I would have! lol Good luck!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

I grew up with the original ponies and was a total unicorn fanatic as a girl. I was just excited to do a unicorn. I had thought my concept was pretty distinctive from MLP. .

crzyjournalist03 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this look a little too much like Princess Celestia?

*looks around at stares* What? I've got a four year-old who's obsessed with MLP. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin

Now my question is, was the curiosity really satisfied, or will it just want more?

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The wish

Yay! It works!

3 colors on Navy

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
crzyjournalist03 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but doesn't this look a little too much like Princess Celestia?

My first thought was Celestia, too (coming from someone who entered an obvious FIM design.) It's ok, don't be ashamed of the herd. ;)

I don't think the design is similar enough that anyone could claim it was supposed to be Celestia, though. It's just a pretty unicorn. Very clean design, too.

micisaninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micisaninja
Re: Oh to be a Gryffindor...

As a Hufflepuff I would never wear this shirt! I'll give it a vote either way!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cruzino wrote:Wow J5! Are you always so harsh? You see an OUTLINE of a nipple and you take offense? There's no need to be so harsh. Common courtesy is a nice thing - try it.

Yes, I am.
Ask anyone.

move along

harantula

awesome!

kellhong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellhong

Outdoor Mulch For Gardening, that's flippin' hilarious!

harantula

voted!

i really like the expression of their faces, good work!

kellhong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellhong

Outdoor Mulch For Gardening, that's flippin' hilarious!

distantfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages distantfox

My first thought was of The Last Unicorn before they transformed her into Amalthea. I love the old and new MLP as well as TLU and I'm a girl so no shame for me! MWAHAHAHA!

(My 2 and 4 year old boys like MLP but not their sister. Weird no?)

I like the design.

harantula

ey! I like your style,simple but it really works well done!!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
micisaninja wrote:As a Hufflepuff I would never wear this shirt! I'll give it a vote either way!

Aww lol I love Hufflepuffs I'm working on another design that the Hufflepuffs will love I just wanted to get this one out there because I have so many friends that were expecting to be Gryffindors and ended up in Hufflepuff Thank you for the vote!

mtboensel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtboensel
Re: 3 MORE WISHES

I like it. Nice spin on the "wish for more wishes" trope. Hope it prints.