autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
llamassassin wrote:My first thought was Celestia, too (coming from someone who entered an obvious FIM design.) It's ok, don't be ashamed of the herd. ;)

I don't think the design is similar enough that anyone could claim it was supposed to be Celestia, though. It's just a pretty unicorn. Very clean design, too.

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

hahaha!superb!

i find it very funny, good luck!

{{volmod edit: This is your second warning. NO ADVERTISING DERBY ENTRIES IN YOUR COMMENTS, PLEASE. NONE. NADA. NON. DON'T DO IT. STOP.}}

autsey

I meant to actually type something in my last post (shaking head) Thank you for the kind words-I think your pony submission rocks!

llamassassin wrote:My first thought was Celestia, too (coming from someone who entered an obvious FIM design.) It's ok, don't be ashamed of the herd. ;)

I don't think the design is similar enough that anyone could claim it was supposed to be Celestia, though. It's just a pretty unicorn. Very clean design, too.

harantula

Well i hope his wish will never come true...but i trully hope you like it!

autsey

That IS funny, but not too weird! My nephew used to carry around purses until he went to pre-school. Boys can be a hoot!

Oh The Last Unicorn...I watched that all the time growing up. My heart is singing right now. Thank you also for the nice comment!

distantfox wrote:My first thought was of The Last Unicorn before they transformed her into Amalthea. I love the old and new MLP as well as TLU and I'm a girl so no shame for me! MWAHAHAHA!

(My 2 and 4 year old boys like MLP but not their sister. Weird no?)

I like the design.

autsey

Got my Vote! Best of luck this week-It's a great shirt!

Re: World is Magic

GTTraveller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages GTTraveller

My anti-social 17 year old daughter would LOVE this shirt.... unsure if I want to encourage her bahavior!
Cool shirt design though.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Say your right words

I want this so baddly.

I think if it prints I will be giving this, and a copy of the Movie on DVD, to a couple of people for Christmas this year.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

j5 wrote:Yes, I am.
Ask anyone.

No you're not, sometimes you use ninjas.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

amakat7298

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amakat7298

This is awesome, my boyfriend and I always talk about that episode

Re: Cuba Libre

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
Re: The wish

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the appeal in any of these style designs. I'd never buy a shirt like this.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 44 Private Messages thewronggrape
lloyd2002 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the appeal in any of these style designs. I'd never buy a shirt like this.

Walmazan is one of the most printed artists here with lots of fans (myself included with several of his shirts).

So although it's probably not just you, methinks you're in the minority :-)

thewronggrape

quality posts: 44 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: BWE: Best Wish Ever

Did he previously wish for a big glass of milk? :-P

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
Re: A shield of my own

Back of shirt design.
Not halftones. Ease off the halftone rejection trigger huh?

galapagosfinch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galapagosfinch

Please please please pretty please yes!

bounty42

toby8915 wrote:Back of shirt design.
Not halftones. Ease off the halftone rejection trigger huh?

No back of shirt designs in the Derby. This would end up on the front.

supermegatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supermegatopia

To his credit, he gave her exactly what she wished for...

Re: Wisher Beware

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
autsey wrote:
Oh The Last Unicorn...I watched that all the time growing up. My heart is singing right now. Thank you also for the nice comment!

I love The Last Unicorn! Did you know that they are cleaning up the animation and re-releasing it in theaters?

My Little Pony and The Last Unicorn growing up. I think you and I would have been friends.

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: The Oz desires

Hahaha niiice! I had done a sketch of a similar idea but it's not nearly as cool. Excellent!

kellhong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellhong
thewronggrape wrote:Walmazan is one of the most printed artists here with lots of fans (myself included with several of his shirts).

So although it's probably not just you, methinks you're in the minority :-)

Yep, agreed! <3 his designs. Own many.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: The Oz desires

Very funny and very well done!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

This is parody how? It's a really nice looking design, but I can't imagine any kind of way that woot could actually print it legally.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Dream fulfilled...

This is powerfully phallic. I like it!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: The most dangerous wish

This is awesome but you need to work on the picture

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
loulousq wrote:I have a day job and I don't sit in front of a computer watching critique from the other artists. I got it the first time and I will make the changes on MY time.

One of the best things you can do here is not be so touchy, sometimes the peanut gallery bites.

Don't get too cranky about it, the fact that you got some input at all is a good sign, some people beg for help and get only crickets. Maybe next time you'll believe people when they warn of rejectionable things like nipples.

It takes everybody some time to learn the ropes.

BTW, what IS that red thing on the genies face? I'm totally curious. Is it like a Mike Tyson tattoo? A really fancy anime frustration splotch thing? Shaving accident?

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Curiosity

I kinda agree with the bacon thing. Mars doesn't have stripes and this kinda makes it look like a gas giant.

I also don't really see a wish here either, but in her defense just about everybody in this derby is off theme. The theme itself is kinda odd that way. All everybody did was draw something they would personally wish for.

A true critic might blame the artists en masse for not being more creative, but meh.. I don't know how I'd think of something for this either.

I am glad to see Mars and Curiosity on a shirt though and I love the rover and the slogan.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
shikausstan wrote:That's okay we knew what you meant ;)

cool !!

dannmatthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannmatthews
Re: Game Genie

It's worth noting, these are the game genie's colors (red) rather than the more "popular" blue and I started working on this design earlier this week:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=508285269185246&set=a.156698834343893.38810.154057157941394&type=1&theater

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
bounty42 wrote:No back of shirt designs in the Derby. This would end up on the front.

That is not in the rules for this week. They have allowed it in previous derbies.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
loulousq wrote:I have a day job and I don't sit in front of a computer watching critique from the other artists. I got it the first time and I will make the changes on MY time.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Nothing bugs me more than to see someone ask for advice then ignore it completely. You're not the first, and the outcome was the same those other times, also.

move along

j5

toby8915 wrote:That is not in the rules for this week. They have allowed it in previous derbies.

You are mistaken.

move along

harantula

good job!

rsburke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rsburke
toby8915 wrote:That is not in the rules for this week. They have allowed it in previous derbies.

It's in the rules for EVERY derby.

j5

supermegatopia wrote:To his credit, he gave her exactly what she wished for...

Comments are broken againn so I'll just reply here.

This is perfect! I hope it makes the cut.

move along

harantula

haha veggphalic? oh my god!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
mrwednesday wrote:This is parody how? It's a really nice looking design, but I can't imagine any kind of way that woot could actually print it legally.

I guess its not super parody-y, but I really did make an effort to merge my style with the movie's. I removed their pupils, made more under-eye wrinkles and made their smiles exaggeratedly wide and evil like when I draw my own monsters. Also, I only used movie reference for four of the goblins in the collage. Designing this was tough because I feel like my art is already so influenced by Brian Froud. In the end I just designed a reference shirt that I personally would want to wear, but if Woot! rejects it, I will understand why.

nadrieclya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadrieclya

I saw your previous posts about it on facebook earlier this week, and I'll say I like this color scheme better than the other two. I think it's great!

harantula

adventure time! voted!!!!

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

Awesome design, love the colors.

Re: the third way

sundbe10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundbe10

Labyrinth reference? Awesome.