6%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jgermanis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgermanis

I don't understand the "House of ____."

In the show/books, it's House Lannister, Stark, etc. This preposition is unnecessary.

Also, why is it crossed out? I am stupid someone help!

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I have a dark confession to make: I have no interest in the "Game of Thrones" series.

I like cute style this was done in, and the design is well constructed (Nicely done Bass) but lately I am a little disappointed in the daily offerings leaning towards pop-culture.

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

Depth and teeth. Like the style, not much for the reference.

lovgrena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovgrena
jgermanis wrote:I don't understand the "House of ____."

In the show/books, it's House Lannister, Stark, etc. This preposition is unnecessary.

Absolutely agree. Minor detail that will probably stop me from buying.

Disappointing.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I don't get it, but I think the dragon is a sociopath.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

It's cute, but unless the TV version is a lot different it's got enough internal inconsistancy compared to the stories to put off hardcore fans.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

A Bass design without ratties? Is this a 1st?

mattryan

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mattryan
zekecatz wrote:A Bass design without ratties? Is this a 1st?

HAH, that was my first thought!!!!

izzyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages izzyr

I'm guessing that it's implying "House of Thrones" but that would have wandered too close to a legal pitfall.

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha

I'm stupid too (or perhaps it's just I'm neither interested in the books nor the series). Are the various critters representative of the houses of whatever that world is called?

Stupid and can't be bothered to read the write-up this morning. Sorry 'bout that. I blame my new bifocals.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Bass made a shirt featuring four creatures who all eat mice!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

I enjoy this thoroughly. Playful and really well designed. Nice job, bassanimation!

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir

Ok I see House Stark, Lannister,Targaryan, and uhhh who knows. I love the art but i'm not sure I'm getting the meaning behind the meaning behind the wording which is keeping me from buying it this second.

cthulhucookies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cthulhucookies
xxchange wrote:I don't get it, but I think the dragon is a sociopath.

Dragons are always sociopaths.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
mirdir wrote:Ok I see House Stark, Lannister,Targaryan, and uhhh who knows.

Baratheon

wongton

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wongton
mirdir wrote:Ok I see House Stark, Lannister,Targaryan, and uhhh who knows. I love the art but i'm not sure I'm getting the meaning behind the meaning behind the wording which is keeping me from buying it this second.

Last one is House Baratheon. I'm pretty sure the House of ___ is left blank to show that all the houses are competing for the throne and that there is no winner (so far).

hai.

buraindo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buraindo

I really must show this to my younger sister! And i really hope this stays on the reckoning a little while.

mirdir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirdir

Baratheon, stag that makes sense now. I was trying to think which house had a baby deer and I was drawing a blank. I think I'm starting to get it now all the little critters must be fighting over surpremacy of the woot shirt and...and.... Its way too late at night for my brain to function. I have to stop checking this site at night.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Looks like Bass has been studying at the RamyB school of shirtery.

move along

cernenus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cernenus

Is not the book "Song of Ice and Fire" (ice first) sheesh woot, I'd have expected you to get that much right.. Especially since your new corporate lunch ladies sell books for a living http://www.amazon.com/Books-Thrones-Feast-Crows-Swords/dp/0345529057

who proofreads this stuff?

yocxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yocxl
cernenus wrote:Is not the book "Song of Ice and Fire" (ice first) sheesh woot, I'd have expected you to get that much right..

who proofreads this stuff?

Hah. I did not even notice that when I read it.

Eh, despite its inaccuracies, I think the shirt is funny. First Woot shirt in a while.

kguenther

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kguenther

I've read all the books and watched the show and who cares about any inconsistencies (e.g. wolf attacking the stag)! This is a stinkin' adorable and hilarious shirt! I'm going to wear it when my husband wears his earlier, more serious woot-shirt featuring the houses as Kings from a deck of cards. This one is way cuter than that one. Love it!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
j5 wrote:Looks like Bass has been studying at the RamyB school of shirtery.

I thought this was a RamyB shirt from the thumbnail.

And while I'm a HUGE fan of the books, this style just doesn't work for me. I want my GoT with less cute.

Tallas15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tallas15

I bought it, first woot shirt in a while where I have actually sacrificed some money from savings to buy it. The only other one I found interest in was when Wil Wheatons dice shirt was available way back in the day. I wish that one would come back I need another.

gramku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gramku

It seems "pop culture reference + alcohol/cute" are the go-to twists artists are putting on their designs lately. I like the designs, but I don't see myself wearing them on a shirt in public. I'm not a boozehound, nor am I a girl.

jedibunneh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jedibunneh

Unfortunately I gotta agree with what a few others already said. The "of" ruins it. It's never, ever used that way in the books :/ I get why the last word is burned out and it's cute but arrrgh, that one little word in there... the only time "of" is used is when the house name comes first. The Starks of Winterfell, the Lannisters of Casterly Rock, etc etc. I would buy in a second otherwise.

bdubs8807

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bdubs8807
neuropsychosocial wrote:Bass made a shirt featuring four creatures who all eat mice!

I was under the impression that deer were herbivores. Doesn't that mean they...wouldn't eat mice???

Does anybody have a http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cloak-of-visibility-lightweight-hoodie and/or http://shirt.woot.com/offers/who-needs-gravity-zip-up-hoodie in MXL that they don't want and/or need to sell? I would LOVE to buy it from you! I am currently offering $40+S&H for either one new, and $20-30+S&H for either one used! Please contact me ASAP, thanks!
B. D. Walton
P.S.: Reckon Nevermore!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I want one!! This is so cute and great! :D Congrats Bass!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hot dang! That's some first rate cartoonery. Love it.

Too cute for me to wear but you better believe I'll be gifting one. ^__^

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
kguenther wrote:I've read all the books and watched the show and who cares about any inconsistencies (e.g. wolf attacking the stag)!

It's not an inconsistency at all. It's one of the first images of the book/show, where a direwolf is found with an antler through it's throat.

Also, "House of" isn't totally unworkable. There is, after all, a House of Undying.

I like all the Thrones shirts. Very cool.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ

i hate to say it but im a lil dissapointed in Bass... this looks like a Ramyb design, and she seams to be leaning more and more to that style which is very sad B^(

i loved her early work but lately not so much. B^( please go back to your style and leave the dead eyed cute animals to Ramyb even though yours look way better because you take time and make sure it looks right but this just isn't you.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Great tee Bassa! Love it!

dooomcat

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dooomcat

I'll admit I still haven't watched this show... But this is awesome Bass, so clean and expressive and the colors work so well together. I don't mind the cute, there's been plenty of non cute Thrones shirts so something for everyone

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

As someone who knows little to nothing about the books and who only knows that Sean Bean got killed off in the show, I'd like to say that this is the doggone cutest thing I've ever seen come out of that series. I'm considering this my 'squee!' for the day.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

I think this design is wonderful. And shame on those claiming RamyB likeness. RamyB was not the first person on Woot or anywhere else to draw adorable simplistic animals. he just dodn't do much else.

This has WAY too much detail and expression to be a RamyB shirt.

I haven't seen a really quality "cute" style shirt come out of Woot in a while (though they have been entered into the derbies). Fantastic job on this one.

L3g3ndQ wrote:i hate to say it but im a lil dissapointed in Bass... this looks like a Ramyb design, and she seams to be leaning more and more to that style which is very sad B^(

i loved her early work but lately not so much. B^( please go back to your style and leave the dead eyed cute animals to Ramyb even though yours look way better because you take time and make sure it looks right but this just isn't you.

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin

I see where this is heading. In ten years or so: Game of Thrones, the Animated Series. (Sanitised for the kiddies, to expand the market, of course.) I wonder if George R.R. will be done with the books by then ...
Very well done design!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle

I'm surprised that everyone is getting all worked up over the "of" and yet no one cares that the dragon only has one head. That's what I noticed first anyway...

cdevildevil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cdevildevil

I like it, but I don't like black shirts. Darn. Yeah, and the "of" is awkward now that I look at it, I agree...

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
truffleshuffle wrote:I'm surprised that everyone is getting all worked up over the "of" and yet no one cares that the dragon only has one head. That's what I noticed first anyway...

I noticed it, but I also understand that three heads likely would've cluttered the design up, and it's already a fairly busy work.