shavus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shavus

I'd like this a lot more if it weren't for the already mentioned "of" and the fact that Stark is chomping on Baratheon. They're essentially the only 2 houses that never truly fight with one another.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

I want it. So very much. Another great design by Bass.

But alas, I cannot... stupid QC issues and Anvil. *grumble*

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
shavus wrote:I'd like this a lot more if it weren't for the already mentioned "of" and the fact that Stark is chomping on Baratheon. They're essentially the only 2 houses that never truly fight with one another.

I'd say they fought - Robert made Ned kill his daughter's pet, and essentially bullied him into a bad situation. The direwolf should be chewing on the stag. And let's not forget the war between the son and Robert's brothers... They may not have come to battles, but they did fight.

pseitz546

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pseitz546

How many regurgitated Game of Thrones coat of arms T shirts have been on here?...seems like every other day. Move on

rainblossoms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainblossoms

This shirt is adorable! I have just bought so many shirts recently, I don't know if I should get another. Dx

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Wow, didnt expect to see this for a while! Thanks for such a quick turnaround, Woot! :D

Also sorry to those who dislike the text. I was thinking of the title when I did the text, not remembering that they typically refer to the houses without the 'of' in the show. My mistake! The direwolf will be sure to tear apart some of my shoes for it later ^_^;;

Hope everyone enjoys! This was a lot of fun to make. :D

EDIT: I think the direwolf thinks the poor stag's antler is a tasty bone. That seems to be a problem with their friendship...

Mostafa84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mostafa84
thewronggrape wrote:I thought this was a RamyB shirt from the thumbnail.

And while I'm a HUGE fan of the books, this style just doesn't work for me. I want my GoT with less cute.

I totally agree, Way too cute to represent GoT.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
bdubs8807 wrote:I was under the impression that deer were herbivores. Doesn't that mean they...wouldn't eat mice???

What do you think field mice are made of?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Mostafa84

L3g3ndQ wrote:i hate to say it but im a lil dissapointed in Bass... this looks like a Ramyb design, and she seams to be leaning more and more to that style which is very sad B^(

i loved her early work but lately not so much. B^( please go back to your style and leave the dead eyed cute animals to Ramyb even though yours look way better because you take time and make sure it looks right but this just isn't you.

??...Hipster Much??
Implying that Bass sold out with this design? I call BS on that

Mostafa84

VenusAD wrote:I think this design is wonderful. And shame on those claiming RamyB likeness. RamyB was not the first person on Woot or anywhere else to draw adorable simplistic animals. he just dodn't do much else.

This has WAY too much detail and expression to be a RamyB shirt.

I haven't seen a really quality "cute" style shirt come out of Woot in a while (though they have been entered into the derbies). Fantastic job on this one.

Calling BS on this too!
Ramyb hands down has some of the best design on this site. Its gotten to a point where its almost an Instabuy with me when one comes up. And the whole thing about no detail?? Relevent:
Tyger
or
Blossom
or
Aztec Sunrise
or
Red Revenge
or more recently:
Kyubi looking Fox Nouveau
Simple, Clean, Boss

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot

Figures that the title is "House of Malcontent" and so many people are complaining about it...

I took the direwolf chewing on the stag to be more of a playful sort of fighting/nagging? Considering the annoyed look on the stag's face... but maybe that's just me.

And oh jeez the ramyb comparisons :| Yeah they're chibi animals (which is not a new concept regardless), but these actually have expressions! Different ones, too!

I've read the books and watched the series, but I like the shirt enough that I can probably get past the inconsistencies. Plus I really like how the crest is all Iron Throne-y, even if it is a ridiculously cute representation of a dark series.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
vivbot wrote:

I took the direwolf chewing on the stag to be more of a playful sort of fighting/nagging? Considering the annoyed look on the stag's face... but maybe that's just me.

And oh jeez the ramyb comparisons :| Yeah they're chibi animals (which is not a new concept regardless), but these actually have expressions! Different ones, too!

You got the playful part right with the stag and wolf ^^;. It was supposed to be a "Hey this looks like a bone!" sort of joke.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
shavus wrote:I'd like this a lot more if it weren't for the already mentioned "of" and the fact that Stark is chomping on Baratheon. They're essentially the only 2 houses that never truly fight with one another.

Umm, not to nitpick, but JOFFREY is a Baratheon (at least in name) and last I checked, the Starks were at war with him.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I don't like chibi from anybody, but at least Bass is alot more likable and less morally bankrupt than Ramyb.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

So cool! and very well done!!

congratulations Bass!!

xsilentwolfx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xsilentwolfx

Love it huge fan of game of thrones ended up buying two since my one friend is also a fan and I am sure she would appreciate the shirt.

as for the house of I think it represents the fight for the iron throne between the four houses of Baratheon,stark, Targaryen and Lannister

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Stercrazy wrote:Umm, not to nitpick, but JOFFREY is a Baratheon (at least in name) and last I checked, the Starks were at war with him.

Renly and Stannis don't necessarily see eye to eye with the Stark family, either.

scollinsworth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scollinsworth
neuropsychosocial wrote:Bass made a shirt featuring four creatures who all eat mice!

Stags eat mice?!

badkittym

quality posts: 1 Private Messages badkittym

Absolutely love the graphic. To my utter embarrassment, I think I actually made the "squeee!" noise out loud at work.

regicide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages regicide

Awesome t-shirt.
Funny thing, I knew some people at BLS in Springfield. Small world.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
wottwin wrote:I see where this is heading. In ten years or so: Game of Thrones, the Animated Series. (Sanitised for the kiddies, to expand the market, of course.) I wonder if George R.R. will be done with the books by then ...
Very well done design!

I think the better question is if George will be done with the next book by then.

The only (and I mean only) positive of the television show is that it might inspire George to not take 5 years to write each book so that the television show doesn't catch up with the books and cause an annoying hiatus.

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Renly and Stannis don't necessarily see eye to eye with the Stark family, either.

I don't know about that. I think Renly sees eye to eye with a lot of the Starks.

If you believe the end of book 5, the same could possibly be said about Stannis.

PixelPants

quality posts: 70 Private Messages PixelPants

Having just finished the third novel I was excited to see your Game's homage, though concerned that depictions of the younger members of the houses cooking and chewing on each other might be some crazy spoiler. This design has plenty of 'value added' elements which I always appreciate you dropping in. On top of the tight composition there's the great colours, flourishes of texture and the bonus damage effects.

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices

I assume this shirt is better if you have HBO, as opposed to a bunch of 3 inch thick paperbacks.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 33.445s
First Sucker: Shanchan
Last Wooter to Woot: ephobia
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago
Order Pace: 0m 44.770s
Woots Sold: 2075

First day sales 2075

arimus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arimus

Great design, truly. I know that this shirt was probably designed with black in mind, but is there any chance for this shirt in a different color? Perhaps navy? :D

Pretty please with a cherry on top!...the old fashioned ice cream topping kind that is.

powerelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
cernenus wrote:Is not the book "Song of Ice and Fire" (ice first) sheesh woot, I'd have expected you to get that much right.. Especially since your new corporate lunch ladies sell books for a living http://www.amazon.com/Books-Thrones-Feast-Crows-Swords/dp/0345529057

who proofreads this stuff?

At least they got that much right. The lady at my local B & N didn't even know that was the name of the series. She (like many other I'm sure) just knows of the HBO series and it's title which has become the popular name for both the tv series and book series alike.

MJR

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
urbsnspices wrote:I assume this shirt is better if you have HBO, as opposed to a bunch of 3 inch thick paperbacks.

Or a bunch of electrons in a 1/4 inch of smart paper!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Berliantwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Berliantwill
Stercrazy wrote:Umm, not to nitpick, but JOFFREY is a Baratheon (at least in name) and last I checked, the Starks were at war with him.

HEY!!! THPOILERTH!!!

And I'm pretty sure but the last time I checked Joff's parents are brother and sister, and neither one of them are Baratheons. And on that train of thought, it doesnt matter because Joffrey got killed.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
Berliantwill wrote:HEY!!! THPOILERTH!!!

And I'm pretty sure but the last time I checked Joff's parents are brother and sister, and neither one of them are Baratheons. And on that train of thought, it doesnt matter because Joffrey got killed.

I'm completely aware of everything you mentioned, and the exact thing I was responding to was the comment that the Starks were NEVER at war with the Baratheons. Everything you've said doesn't change the fact that Joffrey was still King Joffrey BARATHEON right up until the point he breathed his last breath. If you'd bothered to read my parenthetical notation to the effect of AT LEAST IN NAME, then you'd get what I'm saying. In spite of who Joffrey's real parents are, he was the recognized heir of Robert Baratheon when he had ol' Ned's head lopped off and the Starks declared war on him. Thus, he was a Baratheon.

internetlad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages internetlad
Stercrazy wrote:I'm completely aware of everything you mentioned, and the exact thing I was responding to was the comment that the Starks were NEVER at war with the Baratheons. Everything you've said doesn't change the fact that Joffrey was still King Joffrey BARATHEON right up until the point he breathed his last breath. If you'd bothered to read my parenthetical notation to the effect of AT LEAST IN NAME, then you'd get what I'm saying. In spite of who Joffrey's real parents are, he was the recognized heir of Robert Baratheon when he had ol' Ned's head lopped off and the Starks declared war on him. Thus, he was a Baratheon.

Goddamn it spoilers. I just finished that part too, PHEW.

Admittedly, the ned bit was spoiled early when I forgot rickon's name and googled it.

You can't google anything related to this series without seing 101 spoilers.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
internetlad wrote:Goddamn it spoilers. I just finished that part too, PHEW.

Admittedly, the ned bit was spoiled early when I forgot rickon's name and googled it.

You can't google anything related to this series without seing 101 spoilers.

You aren't allowed to complain about spoilers on books that have been out for 10+ years.

mylittledirewolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mylittledirewolf
lovgrena wrote:Absolutely agree. Minor detail that will probably stop me from buying.

Disappointing.

Same here. Also, the Direwolf would not be fighting with the Stag. Should be Direwolf/Lion.

babernathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babernathy

Is there a way I can get this awesome design on a black hoodie instead of a T-shirt?

tidbit411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tidbit411

I wanted to buy this shirt for my mom because she is a huge game of thrones fan but it's sold out!!

Will this shirt be back in stock anytime soon or does anyone know of any websites where I can buy it???

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

tidbit411 wrote:I wanted to buy this shirt for my mom because she is a huge game of thrones fan but it's sold out!!

Will this shirt be back in stock anytime soon or does anyone know of any websites where I can buy it???

can always check teetrade.org, or inquire within one of the trade threads over in World of Woot Shirts. you might also try chanting "Mr Pickles" three times in the mirror.

bound to do something cool.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.