rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

More like Nintendo love :D

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

would probably buy if it weren't for the dumbass tattoo design

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

It may hit all the right Nintendo nostalgia notes, but I just am not into tattoo-esque shirts. If I want a tattoo, I will commit to one and not wuss out on a shirt that looks like one. Sorry.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I see Tetris, Mario, and Zelda. Oh my loves, how I've been neglecting you. Stupid growing up grad school real life responsibilities.

razmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razmasters

I hate to be that guy, but the plus-shaped directional pad is copyrighted and defended very strictly by Nintendo. Even though the Nintendo logo is not on the controller, it's still obviously their D-Pad. I have nothing against the design, as I'm a big Nintendo fan, but as such, I know how many ants they'll get in their pants about it. Then again, if Woot has already cleared it by their legal department, it may not matter.

PapaGamer

quality posts: 10 Private Messages PapaGamer

Considering how overly complex and busy the design is, they could have found room for more than just Mario and Zelda icons (and a couple Tetris blocks).

PapaGamer.com--own the game
My Woots

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
PapaGamer wrote:Considering how overly complex and busy the design is, they could have found room for more than just Mario and Zelda icons (and a couple Tetris blocks).

I'm going to assume that most youngish video game players don't know many old games beyond those few, so any additional references would be lost. That being said, I agree with you.

bigj59mp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigj59mp

Please please please please STOP with the gray shirts already

thecircuitbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecircuitbox

I want to buy but, the tattoo design is well tattooey and stops me from purchasing it.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

I wish my wife would get all the references in that write-up so I could steal it and give it to her as a nerdy love poem.

Instead, she'd be like "Is that video game stuff?" Alas...

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
bigj59mp wrote:Please please please please STOP with the gray shirts already

Indeed. For those who haven't been paying attention the colors of the shirts listed on the blog from newest to oldest are

gray, gray, gray, black, gray, blue, gray, gray, gray, green, gray, gray. If you count black as one of the fifty shades of gray, that's 10:2

minifig81

quality posts: 3 Private Messages minifig81

This looks like something that an off market Hot Topic would sell. Sorry, but I'm passing on it.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

Geez... Next you'll tell me they're going to do a Smurfs movie, and all of my childhood memories will be destroyed by poor attempts at contemporizing. Oh yeah, they did destroy the Smurf legacy... And now this?!? An Ed Hardy does Nintendo shirt? Just as long as they don't ruin Star Wars...

greenleaf44

quality posts: 8 Private Messages greenleaf44
wingedsurfgirl wrote: Just as long as they don't ruin Star Wars...

Shh! Don't give them any ideas!

klstrader

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klstrader

They should put that write-up on a shirt. I would consider buying that...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

It's very generic in a proprietary sort of way. //scratches head

ionysus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ionysus
lete wrote:Indeed. For those who haven't been paying attention the colors of the shirts listed on the blog from newest to oldest are

gray, gray, gray, black, gray, blue, gray, gray, gray, green, gray, gray. If you count black as one of the fifty shades of gray, that's 10:2

I really like all the gray shirts. I normally only buy the gray and black ones.

I would buy this one, but the words don't quite seem logical. "Gamer's Love" Um? games...

biticol

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biticol

Thanks for the comments.

usagi32211

quality posts: 1 Private Messages usagi32211

I really really like the design, but not so much on the gray shirt. It really wipes it out for me. I would love to have this as a print, tho.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD
razmasters wrote:I hate to be that guy, but the plus-shaped directional pad is copyrighted and defended very strictly by Nintendo.

This is parody and is considered fair use. If this were an issue than 98% of the shirts on Woot would be violating copyright law because of all the video game, tv, and movie references. Just do a Google search for "nes controller shirt" and you will find countless shirts for sale with the dpad on it.

Also, some of you guys are being a bit rough on this design. The tattoo design is part of the humor! People get tattoos representing serious things like a deceased family member or a religious symbol. It's a play on how serious people take gaming. Personally, I think Biticol did a killer job!

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

I am a fan of this design! I love gritty/whimsical crossovers like this.

But my dear Woot: If you do so many Nintendo parodies, Y U no do Sega? Sonic needs lovin' as much as Mario! ;)

undertow976

quality posts: 6 Private Messages undertow976

I recently lost about 80 pounds. Once I reach my goal weight, I am going to be getting a series of gamer tattoos. This shirt might be a necessity...

Tinydryad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tinydryad

I'd love to buy this for my husband but I refuse to buy another gray shirt. Come on, let's get some colors!

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

Old school Nintendo, what's not to love?!
Remember too many nights working through Mario, getting to new levels, what the heck?, dying, getting back up there again, dying again, repeat, darn you Nintendo!! Who needs sleep? Finding the codes, the secret paths back to the new levels ..... ahhh, youth.
Today's kids have no idea!

xelement5x

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xelement5x
elizalishly wrote:I am a fan of this design! I love gritty/whimsical crossovers like this.

But my dear Woot: If you do so many Nintendo parodies, Y U no do Sega? Sonic needs lovin' as much as Mario! ;)

I'd like to second this, it's like most people don't even realize there are retro games that aren't Nintendo. I'd love a shirt that had some more generalized references instead of just Ninty stuff.

I'm not holding my breath for a TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine themed shirt, but a little Sega love would be appreciated by me as well

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

Just noticed today that the picture link for shirt.woot (e.g. bottom of this page or side of any other woot site) has a black t-shirt in a white circle icon as seen in the side sale. Does this mean woot might sell something that isn't a t-shirt on the main page?

biticol

Mr3dPHD wrote:This is parody and is considered fair use. If this were an issue than 98% of the shirts on Woot would be violating copyright law because of all the video game, tv, and movie references. Just do a Google search for "nes controller shirt" and you will find countless shirts for sale with the dpad on it.

Also, some of you guys are being a bit rough on this design. The tattoo design is part of the humor! People get tattoos representing serious things like a deceased family member or a religious symbol. It's a play on how serious people take gaming. Personally, I think Biticol did a killer job!

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your kind message.

biticol

And, By the Way, if you want to see more of my work and support it, visit my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/biticolart
[Autopromo time Off]

npbeers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npbeers

I purchased the 7/2 Back In My Day tshirt and have worn and washed it twice. I was really sad to discover that the collar is coming detached from the shirt! I've purchased dozens of woot shirts and never encountered a quality issue like this before. It may just be a fluke, but has anyone else encountered this?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
npbeers wrote:I purchased the 7/2 Back In My Day tshirt and have worn and washed it twice. I was really sad to discover that the collar is coming detached from the shirt! I've purchased dozens of woot shirts and never encountered a quality issue like this before. It may just be a fluke, but has anyone else encountered this?

Hi there!
You should contact service@woot.com about this!

Thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
npbeers wrote:I purchased the 7/2 Back In My Day tshirt and have worn and washed it twice. I was really sad to discover that the collar is coming detached from the shirt! I've purchased dozens of woot shirts and never encountered a quality issue like this before. It may just be a fluke, but has anyone else encountered this?

Maybe.

Send pictures to service@woot.com, and look for the Quality control thread here.

DRAT IT! Hipster Ninja'd by the cat AGAIN!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42

If I were making suggestions on improving the design, I'd have said to change Gamer's Love to Gamer's Life, and to have replaced the heart with a 3/4 full heart container.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bahamutess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bahamutess

Love it. I just started Woot and bought a couple of shirts yesterday. If I had known this one was going to show up today I would have bought 3 instead of just the one. Great art style (not sure why there are so many haters toward the tattoo look?) and great choice to use Nintendo (because lets be honest: retro Nintendo games are better than any other).

npbeers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npbeers
inkycatz wrote:Hi there!
You should contact service@woot.com about this!

Thank you!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

congrats Biticol! A great designer and an awesome design!!!

biticol

wirdou wrote:congrats Biticol! A great designer and an awesome design!!!

Thank you buddy!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

bahamutess wrote:I just started Woot...

i love how this sounds like, "i just started a 12-step program."
which, incidentally, you'll need to stop Woot."

welcome and i love you.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ccabanne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccabanne

Nice design but not for me.

EvildancerGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvildancerGirl

this is my 3rd woot shirt. I'm loving the shirts that have been coming out lately.