9%
8%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

I find the "dream vision" the t-rex has of himself more than just a little creepy. Something about the long, muscled arms is both funny and incredibly off-putting at the same time.

zedinc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zedinc

Next up, t-rex answering all those "enhance yourself" spam emails?

stormshadow999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stormshadow999

I've found myself in a similar predicament a time or two. If I could just... reach... a little... further...

amberrosie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberrosie

Aww the version without the thought bubble was so much better.

mattbobwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattbobwoot
amberrosie wrote:Aww the version without the thought bubble was so much better.

Came here to say this. Was really hoping to see it listed. Now, with the thought bubble? Nope. Bummed. :-/

pikezh638

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pikezh638

No longer does he have a big head and tiny arms.

mattao18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattao18
mattbobwoot wrote:Came here to say this. Was really hoping to see it listed. Now, with the thought bubble? Nope. Bummed. :-/

Wait, there's a bubbleless version? I wanna buy that.

maliase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maliase

Fantastic!

It just occurred to me to wonder what the genie inside that lamp looks like.

A t-rex genie would have a similar problem where he couldn't hover around with tiny arms crossed to look imposing...

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Too bad he got on everybody's bad side by eating people, otherwise they might have helped him. Karma.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

T-rex wants tickets to the guns show. There. Someone had to say it.

I'm with bluejester though, the muscle arms figure both amuses and creeps me out. I might have bought the bubbleless but oh well, this one had more votes.

mokacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mokacat

I like the thought bubble. I feel like it will save me a lot of time explaining to people what a T-rex would want with a magic lamp.

coriolanuskid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coriolanuskid

I am thinking of buying this and taking some sandpaper to it to erase both the thought bubble and the lamp. I like the idea of the solitary figure of a T-Rex with that slightly-demented grin and in that preposterous position, with no other symbols or figures there to impose a jokey explanation on what's otherwise a perfectly lovely, perfectly absurd rendering.

wiggumx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiggumx
coriolanuskid wrote:I am thinking of buying this and taking some sandpaper to it to erase both the thought bubble and the lamp.

I would have bought it in a second without the thought bubble. Who knows what he's wishing for, it's a mystery.

Have you done the sandpaper trick before? does it work well?

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

All he needs to do is bend at the knees, tilt his head up, and reach down with his claws. It's all in the technique. Silly dinosaur.

wildredsea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildredsea
amberrosie wrote:Aww the version without the thought bubble was so much better.

I completely agree.. I would buy this in a second without the bubble

wildredsea

mattao18 wrote:Wait, there's a bubbleless version? I wanna buy that.

bubble-less, bubble-less, bubble-less

wildredsea

Please offer the bubble-less version. The design does not need or benefit from that stupid "thought"
Did the designer really add that?

wildredsea

HATE the "dream vision" HATE it

coriolanuskid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages coriolanuskid
wiggumx wrote:Have you done the sandpaper trick before? does it work well?

...dang it, I assumed it'd be a cinch but then I went and tried out the technique on an old Woot shirt that's seen better days and ...no. The ink isn't just on the surface, it penetrates down into the fibers. However, it is surprisingly easy to sand a hole into one's t-shirt, if that's something you ever want to attempt.

No dino tee for me today

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Dear woot writers,

At some point between when I snorted (the first time) and when I fell out of my chair with laughter, my dogs woke up and started howling. I confess it is possible that the soundtrack to your lovely video, rather than my snorting or uncontrollable giggling, caused the howling, but now I have to coax them back to sleep while controlling deep belly-laughs when that orchestral masterpiece begins to replay in my head.

Love, neuro

Dear PixelPants,

If I laughed out loud at the predicament in which the poor t-rex finds himself, does that make me insensitive to the experiences of short-armed extinct cartoon characters? Should I refer myself for diversity training? Also, how in the world do you consistently print such humorous and clever designs?

Love, neuro

(Just for fun: 1,969,511 views as of 4:00AM woot time. Also, I just watched it again and I'm afraid that I may pee on myself from laughing so hard.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

raeburnmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raeburnmark
neuropsychosocial wrote:Dear woot writers,

At some point between when I snorted (the first time) and when I fell out of my chair with laughter, my dogs woke up and started howling. I confess it is possible that the soundtrack to your lovely video, rather than my snorting or uncontrollable giggling, caused the howling, but now I have to coax them back to sleep while controlling deep belly-laughs when that orchestral masterpiece begins to replay in my head.
Love, neuro

(Just for fun: 1,969,511 views as of 4:00AM woot time. Also, I just watched it again and I'm afraid that I may pee on myself from laughing so hard.)

I was a little worried no one would say anything about the write-up. I was half-hoping the Sizing Chart link was going to be deceptive, even if that would be impossible with the site format. I'm curious to see what kind of traffic watches the video just because of this Woot!. Let's check numbers tomorrow night.

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

You know, t-rexes wouldn't get nearly so much love if they didn't have such pitiful little arms. Be careful what you wish for, Rexy!

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

I absolutely love this shirt. It is perfect for my brother who lifts and claims that the TRex is his favorite animal. Plus it suits his sense of humor. I'm really excited to see this print! Congrats PixelPants

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

aleafloor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aleafloor

Something tells me right now this poor dino is thinking " I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through."

Absolutely in love with this shirt! So glad it won!

swaan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swaan

I wasn't paying attention and JUST missed voting...too bad, because I liked the one without the thought bubble better.

Supersugar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Supersugar

T-Rex.

Put your legs a little further back. Now, lower yourself, reverse push-up style.

You can do it, man.

Those guns will be yours.

shlamele24

quality posts: 15 Private Messages shlamele24

Heh, I LOLed.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I'm still not sure how he made his first two wishes...I'm guessing he started out as a little boy who wished to be big. Then wished to be a t-rex.

Either way, I adore this.

Edit to add: so Rick-rolling has been replaced by this?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

To those complaining about the thought bubble.
There are
other options.

move along

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg

Is Woot participating in Texas Tax Free Weekend?

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

I love the thought bubble. Long arm t-rex is absurdly awesome.

Frizzlemaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Frizzlemaster
swaan wrote:I wasn't paying attention and JUST missed voting...too bad, because I liked the one without the thought bubble better.

This is what happened to me as well. I forgot to check the derby for the week, saw the one without the bubble and thought that would be awesome and then saw the one with the thought bubble. I realized that I enjoy shirts that require a second or two of thought, or leaving a little open to interpretation. Guess I'll be checking those derbies more often.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Pixel! this is awesome!

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo

If a real t-rex wanted something, it would pick it up with its mouth. They thrived on the earth for a long time, they weren't helpless.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

there was a bubbless version? Dammit. Count me in the throng wishing that I'd come back after intially voting.

The T-Rex is so beautifully drawn, though. I've really gotta mull this one over.

mchappro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchappro

This shirt is so much better without the thought bubble! Sad to say I'm not buying it.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Fantastic choice again voters, can't remember the last time I thought that 2 weeks in a row.

Muscleman pose wish T-Rex is a riot and is what pushes this design from OK to hilarious.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

grenobel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grenobel
bluejester wrote:I find the "dream vision" the t-rex has of himself more than just a little creepy. Something about the long, muscled arms is both funny and incredibly off-putting at the same time.

Wow! That wasn't a regular cigarette that you just smoked, was it?

grenobel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grenobel
bluetuba wrote:Fantastic choice again voters, can't remember the last time I thought that 2 weeks in a row.

Muscleman pose wish T-Rex is a riot and is what pushes this design from OK to hilarious.

I agree - the muscly arms show you that he is thinking, "Taa Daa! Now I'm Superdino." like T-Rex always wanted to be.