facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

this is the worst outcome to me as i really dislike this version and super love the one without the thought bubble. so sad, so disappointed.
sans thought bubble this was the first shirt in a long time i was excited about.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Time period continuity issues aside, what are the rules for summoning a genie?

Do you have to rub with your hands? Would it be possible to rub a lamp by sitting on it? Is it just the residual heat from your body that activates it? Any experts out there on this topic?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
skatimmy737 wrote:Time period continuity issues aside, what are the rules for summoning a genie?

Do you have to rub with your hands? Would it be possible to rub a lamp by sitting on it? Is it just the residual heat from your body that activates it? Any experts out there on this topic?

It rubs the lotion on its lamp, or else it gets the hose clamp.

move along

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064

I like the thought bubble. Too many woot shirts.....argh

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Oh awesome, congrats, Pixel! What a meteoric rise and conquer!

frabark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frabark

This should be printed by OSHA as a workplace sign reminding workers to lift with their legs, not with their backs.
Oops, I'm at work--gotta go.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Why talk about those tiny arms behind t-rex's back when you can wear it on the front of your shirt?
Thanks for the strong show of support with this design. That great write-up had me struggling to read it as I laughed through multiple viewings of the video. Sorry that the alternate version is just out of reach for those who preferred it.

PixelPants

neuropsychosocial wrote:If I laughed out loud at the predicament in which the poor t-rex finds himself, does that make me insensitive to the experiences of short-armed extinct cartoon characters? Should I refer myself for diversity training? Also, how in the world do you consistently print such humorous and clever designs?

Dear neuro,
Apparently laughing can be a coping mechanism when we are in life-threatening situations like facing an extinct cartoon character. Who am I kidding, everyone who finds it amusing is probably just insensitive. I'm glad you enjoyed the design, but I never felt that I print consistently.

walmazan wrote:Congrats Pixel! this is awesome!

Thanks for being so encouraging, walmazan. All the best judging the next appetising derby!

bassanimation wrote:Oh awesome, congrats, Pixel! What a meteoric rise and conquer!

Many thanks, bass. Glad to see your shirt doing well this week too

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
PixelPants wrote:Sorry that the alternate version is just out of reach for those who preferred it.

icwudt xD

I, too, prefer the alternate (just seems funnier to me), but the look on his face may convince me to purchase this version anyway. Must ponder... And congrats on the print! It's hilarious either way

wiggumx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wiggumx
PixelPants wrote:That great write-up had me struggling to read it as I laughed through multiple viewings of the video.

Actually, this video is much more relevant to the shirt at hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LVXjB_VUfk

benkean1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benkean1

I can only hope that the one without the thought bubble shows up as #2 or #3 for this derby.

That shirt might be
( •_•)>⌐■-■
just out of reach.
(⌐■_■)

eg1114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eg1114

I liked the Thoughtless version better, but I want to get this one if that didn't print.

Really worried now Woot will print it and I'll be shaking my fist impotenetly at the sky.

silversickness

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silversickness

The arms in the thought bubble are creepy... and that makes me enjoy it even more. I think the shirt makes more sense with the bubble (for the theme anyway.) Congrats to the artist, both versions are awesome. ^_^

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064

Woot should make this in dog size so I can get it for my corgi. He feels this way often.

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly
aleafloor wrote:Something tells me right now this poor dino is thinking " I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through."

THANK YOU for making that reference!!! That's one of the most quotable lines ever. XD

EDIT: Ninja'd. ;)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Oh cool, congrats on taking 1st place, PP!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Damn, this is so clever and perfectly executed. Well done!

andythewxman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andythewxman

Saw this on a bumper sticker the other day

andythewxman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andythewxman

Stupid double post

PixelPants

I wanted to thank everyone for buying the shirt. As you noted, Spiritgreen, it is my first 1st place and it's good doing so with the support of artists such as yourself and Robbie Lee.
Here's something in honour of the woot writers.
Welcome to Wishful Park.
It may not have a melodica soundtrack but you can use it as a wallpaper.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

This is where there should be my post about the first day sales for this shirt. Where are they?

Please help Woot Gods!!
PixelPants, do you know what the sales were?

How can I get anything else done?

PixelPants

TheGolux wrote:This is where there should be my post about the first day sales for this shirt. Where are they?

Please help Woot Gods!!
PixelPants, do you know what the sales were?

How can I get anything else done?

I thought it was odd that it hadn't appeared. The sales stats page closed with 3678.

Edit: The final debut number settled at 3669. It dropped 7 shirts after 1 day and 1 more each of the next 2 days. Maybe a couple of people remembered they didn't like wearing green.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
PixelPants wrote:I thought it was odd that it hadn't appeared. The sales stats page closed with 3678.

Thanks, PixelPants! It's good to know that your artist page link is working.

No sales have posted on any of the shirts in the Reckoning since 9AM Friday and some of the artists have PM'd me with concerns. With a nine-way fight in the Reckoning, it would be nice for the artists to be able to track sales! Glad yours is working and thank you so much for posting.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

DrGoodyear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrGoodyear

Ok. So I was seriously hoping that someone else would look like a dork and ask if someone would explain the video, which I'm sure is more than obvious to everyone else. Unfortunately not, therefore it looks like that dork is me. Help?

Shmuel510

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Shmuel510
DrGoodyear wrote:Ok. So I was seriously hoping that someone else would look like a dork and ask if someone would explain the video, which I'm sure is more than obvious to everyone else. Unfortunately not, therefore it looks like that dork is me. Help?

There's not much to explain. It's a clip from Jurassic Park, in which the uploader recreates the music using a melodica. Either you find that absurdly funny or you don't; there's no shame in either.

devilishp6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages devilishp6
wiggumx wrote:Actually, this video is much more relevant to the shirt at hand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LVXjB_VUfk

I was thinking the same thing! I was actually surprised to see the Jurrasic Park video instead- especially without even the T-Rex in the clip!

devilishp6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages devilishp6
PixelPants wrote:I thought it was odd that it hadn't appeared. The sales stats page closed with 3678.

Edit: The final debut number settled at 3669. It dropped 7 shirts after 1 day and 1 more each of the next 2 days. Maybe a couple of people remembered they didn't like wearing green.

Wait, what? Once you've purchased the shirt, you can't cancel it, can you?

PixelPants

devilishp6 wrote:Wait, what? Once you've purchased the shirt, you can't cancel it, can you?

There must be reasons a sale might not go through. I was only speculating as a green t-rex on a green shirt adds up to quite a lot of green.

seratone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seratone

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512442442114521&set=a.168498623175573.46743.153786011313501&type=1&ref=nf

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

seratone wrote:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=512442442114521&set=a.168498623175573.46743.153786011313501&type=1&ref=nf

HA! Thanks for pointing that out. Interesting that he removed the shirt.woot watermark.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

melodiethegreat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melodiethegreat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LVXjB_VUfk

Come on you guys....am I really the only person who thought about this?!?!? I cant lie...when I saw the shirt...I laughed for like 30 min straight!! haha. :D Anyway...I'm glad it made it to number 1.

melodiethegreat

PixelPants wrote:I wanted to thank everyone for buying the shirt. As you noted, Spiritgreen, it is my first 1st place and it's good doing so with the support of artists such as yourself and Robbie Lee.
Here's something in honour of the woot writers.
Welcome to Wishful Park.
It may not have a melodica soundtrack but you can use it as a wallpaper.

This...cracks me UP!! Pixel...you are my hero!

melodiethegreat

devilishp6 wrote:I was thinking the same thing! I was actually surprised to see the Jurrasic Park video instead- especially without even the T-Rex in the clip!

thank you guys! I completely agree!! Definitely should have been the meet the robinsons video. Only thing I can think of is....copyright stuff? who knows.

spkidwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spkidwell

Just saw the picture floating around on Facebook with this drawing and over 990 likes. I posted the link...hopefully it will result in more sales. It's posted at
https://www.facebook.com/#!/CharlesDarwinDarwinismPage

cestaimee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cestaimee

All T-Rex has to do is lie down to reach the lamp... Not too difficult.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones

This design is being featured on a post on Facebook by the Stan Winston School of Character Arts, but they list it as "artist unknown". I linked to the shirt and posted your username… hope that was okay. That page gets a lot of exposure, and I'm a fan of yours, PixelPants

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 583 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Had to share this tweet. Great photo...

https://twitter.com/rebmared/statuses/242935413570945024

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sammixo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammixo

Cool Design. Maybe you could show us more in class. :P

ravnwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravnwood

Bought this shirt for my wife and she loves it.

But the green design on a green shirt isn't the best. Trex kinda blends into the shirt too much.

PixelPants

ravnwood wrote:But the green design on a green shirt isn't the best. Trex kinda blends into the shirt too much.

Only saw the shirt in the flesh for the first time today. The colour of the t-rex against the background is consistent with design file I sent to woot. What caught my eye is how bright the Kelly Green shirt is in person.