bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
CrescentDebris wrote:Idea and lines are Drakxxx. I just did the colors and edits. I'd tap it though.

Of course! What was I thinking? hehe

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt
KizulEmeraldfire wrote:Just Desserts Bakery and Sweets Shoppe. It's a cozy, retro place just somewhere between where-you've-been, and where-you're-headed. The bright, humming neon sign above the door promises indulgent delights and a taste of heaven for the taking… and of course, Mam's famous Humble Pie.

The Shoppe's had it's fair share of takers: the young and the old, the rich and the famous, and the everthing-in-between. And they all end up having it, in the end. Mam's Humble Pie — best there is.

She'll come by, and lay a big slice of that Humble Pie right in front of them — then smile, and walk away.

They'll look at it. Hesitate, just a moment. Then take that first big bite.

Mam'll turn around from where she's cleaning a glass at the bar. Smile. Ask them, "Well?"

Sometimes, it's true what they say — it's so good, it makes a grown man cry.

Haha nice, it reminds me of an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I believe she had a spell for just desserts and had some humble pie too.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: S & S Tavern

Vote, Vote, Vote please !!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: We Love to Serve You

The crucial element?... The thumbs up! +1

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire
hcschmidt wrote:Haha nice, it reminds me of an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, I believe she had a spell for just desserts and had some humble pie too.

Yep! :D I loved that episode.

Then there was that episode with the flan — I still have yet to try flan, but I'm hoping it's as awesome as it was depicted. :D

jovemako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovemako

I see the Mad Men reference, but where's the resturant reference?

Brythephotoguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brythephotoguy
Re: Salmon Ella's

Love the shirt, love the color.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: Intergalactic Maid Cafe

This is one of my favorite designs this week. Simple, cute, eye grabbing, creative... I love it.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: The Kitchen!

Great design!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565

Thank you for the votes !! Anyone else feeling it, please vote, thank you !

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Dapper Dogs

Very subtle.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Bob's spaceburgers

If only

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
Re: Sweeney's Pies

Any feedback (positive or constructive) is appreciated. Thanks!

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

dcastello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcastello
Re: Wasteland Dinner

GENIAL, simple, direct and effective. :D

flattopfrank

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flattopfrank

Thanks for the compliments and the votes.. I really enjoyed seeing my design in the "Fog". It would really make me happy to see it back in the "Fog". It makes this newby happy and welcomed. Thanks again...

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
flattopfrank wrote:Thanks for the compliments and the votes.. I really enjoyed seeing my design in the "Fog". It would really make me happy to see it back in the "Fog". It makes this newby happy and welcomed. Thanks again...

I support you. Love love love. I want to buy this one!! Come on let's help this newbie out

flattopfrank

photogrartist wrote:How did you get that halftone gradient effect behind the cheees? Seems like a radial gradient but all the halftone dots are lined up with the gradients direction. Is it quick to tell me how you did that?

I sent you a private message... I couldn't give everybody my secrets. Not that it's a big secret. I hope it helps you. Thanks

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
Re: Flying Pig

We have a Flying Pig BBQ in Atlanta

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit
CVBrennan wrote:This is one of my favorite designs this week. Simple, cute, eye grabbing, creative... I love it.

It's cool, but its TOTALLY mass effecty... I doubt it will last.

UST

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UST
ArdillaCiega wrote:I might buy it if K = Banana Pudding or Potato or something that doesn't start with K (like it does on the actual table)

Exactly. I wish there were more clever elements in here. Fe could be liver, and Au could be truffles. Cu could be pennyroyal tea, or something along those lines.

Information gladly given but safety requires avoiding unnecessary conversation.

twiliteoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twiliteoni

This is borderline text only :/

hcschmidt

Re: La Lapin Cafe

La Lapin Cafe (the Rabbit Cafe) is open for all vegans and vegetarians in the area, seeing as veggies and such are commonly refered to as "rabbit food" figrued it fit.

p.s. it may look pixely but in real life it is smooth, made it vector with Inkscape, not sure where it messes up in the transition to the site.

hcschmidt

KizulEmeraldfire wrote:Yep! :D I loved that episode.

Then there was that episode with the flan — I still have yet to try flan, but I'm hoping it's as awesome as it was depicted. :D

I know they make it look amazingly good, but also have yet to try it. I was hoping I was not the only Sabrina fan on here lol.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
amandanielsen wrote:This would be so much better if it was not grammatically incorrect

You do realize that grammar is a radial structure which therefor prohibits the correct/incorrect dichotomy, right?

SteveBook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteveBook
Re: Chicken Tartare

History remembers the restaurant Chicken Tartare not so much as a "rarity in dining," but more as a bad idea in terms of both marketing and food safety.

alanmedhurst

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alanmedhurst
Re: Last Knight

Absolutely awesome. I was hoping to see something like this, GMV.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: LHC Café

The food is smashingly good!

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Re: Intergalactic Maid Cafe

Very cute, but definitely pop culture (Mass Effect).

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
MadamAtom wrote:I gotta be That Person here: Your shirt comp says "scrabyard". Other than that, very cute.

Ops,hahaha you're right. The correct name is in the design :D

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
CVBrennan wrote:Great design!

Thanks! I couldn't stop chuckling as I drew it. ;) And thank you for the feedback. I'm loving learning here!

cobrajs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cobrajs

It's probably because you're exporting from Inkscape at a resolution that is different from the resolution that Woot uses.

Try changing the export to export at a lower resolution, like 602x602 (seems to be what Woot! is displaying this image as). That way, the browser won't be doing a messy downsize, which causes the image to look "pixely".

etandeggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etandeggs
Re: MOJO

Love it. Hope its submission is not too late.

flattopfrank

etandeggs wrote:Love it. Hope its submission is not too late.

Thanks for the compliment.. I also hope it's not too late.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
GluonConcerto wrote:Love the joke. The only thing missing is a Phoenix, or perhaps a turtle.

I interpreted the pirate's "parrot" to be a phoenix. No?

KizulEmeraldfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KizulEmeraldfire
hcschmidt wrote:I know they make it look amazingly good, but also have yet to try it. I was hoping I was not the only Sabrina fan on here lol.

Apparently, you're not. :p Though, I'd actually completely forgotten about the 'humble pie' episode until you mentioned it.

Additionally, my design wasn't actually inspired by Sabrina. I was in a bit of a pun-y mind-set, and this just sorta came to me. :p

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
neuropsychosocial wrote:Wait, they stand for things? Okay, B is for beer, yes? Um, what are the others?

First, this is a genius design.

Second, their drinks seem close to matching up with the letters. B has a beer, M has a martini, and V probably has some sort of vodka mixed drink. N could be non-alcoholic, but I'm going with Natty Light, both because that's nostalgic from college and because it had (has?) a bluish can. C has shot glasses, so any particular shot should work. Cement mixer? Crown and peach?

Am I on to something that there's a hidden tie-in here with the letters? Or am I over-analyzing?

plaster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages plaster
Re: The Elemental Eatery

I love this shirt. However the only real problem I have with it is that everyone knows "B is for Bacon".

Other than that Great shirt.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Doggie Tavern (w/Toilet Steins)

Why did you have to ruin an otherwise nice design with a toilet stein?

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
Re: The Elemental Eatery

Very creative and clever. However, and I suppose this is really picky, it bothers me that in the atomic symbol, the paths of the electrons are each superimposed rather than either intersecting or depicting a proper perspective (e.g., the upper left to lower right path shouldn't be in front of all parts of the other two paths)...

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
Re: Cafe Interwebs

While I'm not a huge fan of this shirt in particular, I love the design's simplicity! Many submissions are often too busy or ornate (although admittedly sometimes it works), but this one looks great!