psychofarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psychofarm
amandanielsen wrote:This would be so much better if it was not grammatically incorrect

...if it were not grammatically incorrect.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: organic food chain

Despite the late submission, I hope this does well! Funny!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Someone please explain to me how these cutesy animal designs make their way into the fog? Look at the top sellers, no bunnies and kittens...no one is buying them so why in the hell do people keep voting them to the top. There's 2 almost identical Noah shirts in the fog and a Cafe Kawaii about to go into the fog. I thought this week would be different but nope, same old crap but in a restaurant theme. The same cutesy animal designs continue to win week after week but altered to fit the week's theme. There is some truly great original artwork out there that should be doing much better. My god people put down your rose colored glasses and get the lollipops out of your rears and vote for something different and original.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
lisabethjo wrote:How about you leave out the "are" so it becomes a contraction.

Because then you loose the gag.
π * r^2 (sorry, superscript is disabled on this board)

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
tomspc wrote:Someone please explain to me how these cutesy animal designs make their way into the fog? Look at the top sellers, no bunnies and kittens...no one is buying them so why in the hell do people keep voting them to the top. There's 2 almost identical Noah shirts in the fog and a Cafe Kawaii about to go into the fog. I thought this week would be different but nope, same old crap but in a restaurant theme. The same cutesy animal designs continue to win week after week but altered to fit the week's theme. There is some truly great original artwork out there that should be doing much better. My god people put down your rose colored glasses and get the lollipops out of your rears and vote for something different and original.

Of the 3 cute animals to actually win in the past 2 months, 1 is still in the top 20. Technically that's a better record than any other design type...

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

oakenspirit

quality posts: 86 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: From Table to Fable

sooo... too many puns...

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

O.M.G. I just puked rainbows all over the bunnies which scared the unicorns and now they've tracked rainbows all over the place. Help I've fallen in Candyland and can't get up!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
bounty42 wrote:Of the 3 cute animals to actually win in the past 2 months, 1 is still in the top 20. Technically that's a better record than any other design type...

Which one ? The best is the Binge, sorry this is in reference to the 7 deadly sins.....

aksthomp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aksthomp

Here is my somewhat tardy design for this week... I finished it Friday, but I had to use someone else's computer to upload... I just kept getting an error at my house. [br]

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
j5 wrote:This needs more love.

In art or votes?

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: S & S Tavern v2 Black

Per request... Here it is on black. Thanks for the votes on the first version. If you liked the first version I would really appreciate a vote for new version also... Thank you

emberplastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emberplastik
Mavyn wrote:There needs to be a restaurant theme. Don't be too surprised if the rejectionator axes this.

thanks man, i'm newbie here, if my design got rejected can I submit another one?

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Mavyn wrote:Reminds me of Quaker Steak and Lube

It actually used to be standard practice for service stations to have home cooked food on premises. Well before Chain food joints, convienience stores and the interstate system. Back when a gas station was also a service station where you could buy gas, have problems repaired on your car and of course eat a bite while you where there. Not food cooked on a roller. Thanks for noticing my artwork. I hope this explanation helps....

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Food Chain V.2

They're to die for!

Special thanks to Tony for his suggestions.

deborah11565

qetza wrote:Winner!

I see you have a very nice following. They like all of your work cute and not cute.

deborah11565

Re: S & S Tavern v2 Black

I like this one too. Thanks for the option I voted again.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

They're to die for!

Special thanks to Tony for his suggestions.

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: Wine & Spirits

This is really fantastic! I'm hoping to see it print.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Spiritgreen wrote:Cool art, guys!

This is how a real vampire treats a lady, take note Pattinson.

Thanks SG I'll personally send one to Rob or his manager if this goes to print.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
Re: Meaty Restaurant

Reminds me of a place I ate at in Milwaukee, so...+1!

goneferal

Re: Zomb-Eatery

This is spooky in all the right ways!

goneferal

Re: Wine & Spirits

Love it & am voting for it since mr.wednesday brought it to my attention. It reminds me of a liquor store around here called "Scrooge's Spirits." With ghosts on the billboard. Which I frequent often.

goneferal

Re: Edible Rex

Hilarious! +1

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: organic food chain

This shirt gives me the creeps, but I'll have to get it if it prints. I work with a lot of Mexican Americans and we have gotten in many discussions about food, particular brain and tongue tacos. They claim brain taco is delicious, but I don't think I could ever try it. ::shudders::

And I've eaten stuff like balut.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

Ooo! I like this tag line better. GMV!

NicksVideo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NicksVideo
fishbiscuit5 wrote:If I had a restaurant, I would make the entire menu out of the periodic table! Thinking of all these foods was hard!

Here are the close up links since the images aren't showing up right now.
http://i.imgur.com/1yyLH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EFjDh.jpg

reminds me of this place:

http://miracleofscience.us/

;)

lynnstivers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynnstivers
Re: olearys grill

I'm surprised this design doesn't have more votes - it looks really good! And I love the subtle humor too.

I showed it to my kids along with a blurb about the history of Mrs. O'Leary's cow and the Great Chicago Fire to make sure they "got it"...

"October 8-11, 1871 - The great fire of Chicago, in legend started by a kick from Mrs. O'Leary's cow. The fire caused $196 million in damages. It burned 1.2 million acres of land, destroyed 17,450 buildings, killed 250 people, and left 90,000 homeless."

Back then people would take a lantern out to the barn to milk the cow since it was always still dark that early in the morning. A barn full of dry hay and straw burned fast and their firefighting equipment wasn't nearly as good as what we have now so it would have gotten out of hand very easily.

They're not entirely sure that's exactly what happened - but it very well could have.

I think it's a great design and I'll buy one if it makes it - I voted for it.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem
Re: Pi 'R' Round

Cute. But while I've only seen rectangular lasagna, I *have* seen round cobblers.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

ariellem

Re: Miso Happy Time

Clever pun, but I find it horribly offensive - and I'm not Asian.

ariellem

Re: LHC Café

Very clever spoof on the Silver Diner logo - but original enough?

ariellem

Re: Pauley G's

That errant apostrophe is not optional, it's wrong. Also agree that the pie would look better at an angle. Other than that, I like it.

ariellem

Re: Big Smokey's Medieval BBQ

Nice graphics, nice font, nice colors, cute dragon - love it!

ariellem

Re: Narwhal Noshery v2

This belongs in an adult-themed derby.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: ChupaCabana

All the food sucks (in a good way!) here at the Chupa-Cabana!

I know this is pretty late to the party, but I really wanted to make a chupacabra design. I had made this character for the C derby waaay back but never got around to fixing him up all proper-like.

Enjoy!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I hate to tell you, but it's succulent with two c's. Love the type though!

bassanimation

All the food sucks (in a good way!) here at the Chupa-Cabana!

I know this is pretty late to the party, but I really wanted to make a chupacabra design. I had made this character for the C derby waaay back but never got around to fixing him up all proper-like.

Enjoy!

PS: This is version 2, now with more spelling goodness! ^^;;

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg
Re: PokeMen

Oh I see... he wants to eat that pikachuman ball like an apple? Or Maybe he wishes it was an apple? Or maybe he wishes it was a booze, woman, or cigarette.

Wootlists are silly.

bassanimation

orabbit wrote:I hate to tell you, but it's succulent with two c's. Love the type though!

I just caught that! Resubbed! What a derpy mistake, man. @_@ Thanks for the catch, please view the new, 100% more spell-checked version, haha!