gendron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gendron
Re: The Space Bar

wow i just got it. lol

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89
dragonvt wrote:Looks great, and I voted for it, but I would like it better if the tag line was actually on the shirt.

I totally agree! I love this design but I think the tag line really pulls it together and would look great on the shirt too.

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
runnerfrog13 wrote:"Spaghetti phase" hehe I like it

Yah, I don't mean to be a purist either, I've noticed the exact same thing you're saying. It's something that Adder would always harp about (though I think he was rather extreme about it), but the truth is that pop culture gets votes. It's "popular culture," it's everwhere, it's wearable and instantly understood by a large population... but when you're trying to be original and yet at the same time get votes so your shirt prints, how do you balance the two? Pop gets you votes, original gets you, well who knows. I completely hear ya.

That's actually one of the reasons I'm in favor of the new voting experiment Woot is doing, where only the first place is chosen by number of votes, and the other two are by guest judge and woot judge. I hope it works well! Unfortunately I missed the last few derbies so I don't know what the consensus on it has been

I thought the new system was a great idea but so far the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners have all come from the fog. Might as well go back to the old format. And to me it appears this place is a little cliquish. They only vote for and support the people in their clique and not on the art itself. So not only is pop culture a vote getter apparently so is being popular.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:I used to be a theme purist until I saw winning shirts tangentially related to the theme win week after week.

Theme's are just suggestions. They aren't design guides, they are...well...themes.

So I'm in a "spaghetti" phase. Throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

It worked for Lyonscc.

move along

dawnao

anemality wrote:Tsk.

Guess I should have prefaced this with a 'too soon?', that would have made it all hip and stuff.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, I went for YEARS hearing the 'dingoes eat babies' thing without knowing details of the actual incident. And if I'd been told, I'd forgotten, that^ was the only part that stuck out in my mind and yes, I found the idea (for the shirt) funny. Do I find the actual incident funny? No. :T

"The Dingo ate my baby" IS pop culture. They have spoofed that on every comedy. Most memorable is Seinfeld. It is not inappropriate. Get a grip people!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Sweeney's Pies v2

Nice update!

Although I've never seen the movie (or book? musical?) I'm familiar with what Sweeney's Pies is referring to. I'm not at all familiar with Mrs. Lovetts is but I'm probably in the minority.

dawnao

runnerfrog13 wrote:Or zombies - you forgot zombies

LOL. Zombies are cool though!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
dawnao wrote:I thought the new system was a great idea but so far the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners have all come from the fog. Might as well go back to the old format.

Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Moo's Bed and Breakfast

Oh this is so cute

writermist

Re: Miso Happy Time

LOL great pun
I'd buy this

j5

cdrewlow wrote:Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

But not outside the "establishment".

EC has been 2nd place every time so far.

move along

writermist

runnerfrog13 wrote:It might only be offensive if you have seen the movie or knew whatever reference it's from. I read it and it just sounds like a silly pun to me. Almost like an engrish shirt...
(and I do love japan/asia, hope to live there for a few years someday, so I don't feel like a rascist person...)

you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm shocked people find this offensive. Get over it. It's just a play on words. I didn't even think about Asians. I thought about my love of soup. :D
I thought it was very clever. deserves to win... after Chupacabana. <3

writermist

Re: I <3 Apples

Maybe I should remove the words

feirgon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages feirgon

As an Asian that enjoys miso soup, I love this.

It makes me LOL long time!

dawnao

cdrewlow wrote:Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

Really? which ones?

dawnao

writermist wrote:you took the words right out of my mouth. I'm shocked people find this offensive. Get over it. It's just a play on words. I didn't even think about Asians. I thought about my love of soup. :D
I thought it was very clever. deserves to win... after Chupacabana. <3

It's not offensive and neither is the Dingo. Geez people relax.

writermist

Re: Apple Store

With words -> http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65474/i-3-apples

j5

dawnao wrote:Really? which ones?

Bassanimation chose Ochopika's wish dragon design, it was not in the fog as it was a very late entry.
DrakXXX chose Fishbiscuit5's Curiosity V2 design, it was not in the fog (but V1 was)

move along

dawnao

j5 wrote:But not outside the "establishment".

I'm not surprised at all.

princessgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princessgrace
Re: Blue Moon Steakhouse

I looove this shirt! Can't believe it doesn't have more votes.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:But not outside the "establishment".

I totally agree about the establishment part. Everyone that's won has won before. It would be nice to see a 1st time print or something out of the top 20 be chosen.

ps. You might want to double check Naolito's Tea Time.

eta: Sorry, orabbit, for having a totally different discussion in your thread...

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
thewronggrape wrote:Nice update!

Although I've never seen the movie (or book? musical?) I'm familiar with what Sweeney's Pies is referring to. I'm not at all familiar with Mrs. Lovetts is but I'm probably in the minority.

Thanks again for the suggestion! I like it better now. Btw, how can i get notified if someone responds to a comment of mine? I don't get emails or anything. I have to remember where I posted and manually see if there is a response. Any clues for this bacon bits? (I will check back...manually later...)

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

photogrartist

Re: Dino-BBQ

How did you do the disintegrating text effect? Was it a manual process...just basically what I see you drew in? I am interested in your style.

Don't go swimming.

photogrartist

photogrartist wrote:Any clues for this bacon bits?

WHAT ON EARTH?! I didn't type that...I said any clues for this newbie...but spelled it with two zeros....weird that they changed it.

Don't go swimming.

dawnao

cdrewlow wrote: Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

J5 wrote: But not outside the "establishment". EC has been 2nd place every time so far.

cdrewlow wrote: I totally agree about the establishment part. Everyone that's won has won before. It would be nice to see a 1st time print or something out of the top 20 be chosen.

WootBot - not sure if you read the blogs so above are some comments that I totally agree with. There are some great artists out here but if only the "Established Clique" can win then what's the point of the contest? Whether it's true or not, even the appearance of impropriety will cause cause you to lose some great artwork. Is Woot in the business to make money or is this just a playground for a popularity contest?

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Humble Pi

I realise that in America and Canada you call it takeout, but here in Australia and a number of other places it's known as take away. Hopefully the joke still translates. Had this idea on the weekend and couldn't get to it till now.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
dawnao wrote:cdrewlow wrote: Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

J5 wrote: But not outside the "establishment". EC has been 2nd place every time so far.

cdrewlow wrote: I totally agree about the establishment part. Everyone that's won has won before. It would be nice to see a 1st time print or something out of the top 20 be chosen.

WootBot - not sure if you read the blogs so above are some comments that I totally agree with. There are some great artists out here but if only the "Established Clique" can win then what's the point of the contest? Whether it's true or not, even the appearance of impropriety will cause cause you to lose some great artwork. Is Woot in the business to make money or is this just a playground for a popularity contest?

Where is the "LIKE" button ? lol !

deborah11565

Re: MOJO

This should be doing better... it is too cute !

deborah11565

deborah11565 wrote:This should be doing better... it is too cute !

Maybe you should have turned that frown upside down !! lol

dawnao

deborah11565 wrote:This should be doing better... it is too cute !

Sorry, this artist is not part of the EC so too bad.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Galaxy Bar and Grill

For those of you who have messaged or asking me about getting this as a tee if it doesn't get chosen in the derby... The answer is Yes, If it isn't a winner in the derby you will still be able to find it here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/ameda

I'll make it available as a tee on my redbubble account as soon as I'm clear to do so. Thank you all for your support! It's much appreciated!

deborah11565

feirgon wrote:As an Asian that enjoys miso soup, I love this.

It makes me LOL long time!

LOL... good for you !

deborah11565

Glad you are in the hotist ! Just goes to show that not all of our minds are in the gutter or looking for reasons to call people racists.... Jeez !! Good job, be proud of your creativity ! I would call it jealousy !

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
dawnao wrote:cdrewlow wrote: Actually, 2 of the 3 guest editor choices have come from outside the fog.

agree!!

deborah11565

Re: S & S Tavern

I promise I will ask this artist to post something cute next week if you could be so kind as to vote this week..... please. Kinda like Wimpy's deal with the hamburgers... Lol ! Feel free to reply, I don't bite ( too hard ) !

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Humble Pi

The border is a nice touch.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
runnerfrog13 wrote:I used to live in a town with a place called "Pita Pit" and it was DELICIOUS. Used the pita like a wrap with tons of ingredients in side, it was amazingly filling! (So not really for dipping into hummus, but still)

I like dipping into hummus. I like it as a wrap for gyros too, or with falafel

antastic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antastic
j5 wrote:votes.

Ah, thanks. I suppose a hand-burger doesn't seem that delicious.

photogrartist

Re: LHC Café

How did you do the faded effect? Did you erase those parts manually? Or was it a filter or something...I like it!

Don't go swimming.

fossilgirl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fossilgirl1
Re: ChupaCabana

Another great design! GMV