Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd
Re: LHC Café

My inner nerd is drooling!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cdrewlow wrote:
ps. You might want to double check Naolito's Tea Time.

oops! Right-o. For some reason I had in my mind that Walmazan printed.

move along

photogrartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages photogrartist
PixelPants wrote:I realise that in America and Canada you call it takeout, but here in Australia and a number of other places it's known as take away. Hopefully the joke still translates. Had this idea on the weekend and couldn't get to it till now.

I like it! How did you get the 3D perspective text? (If you don't mind telling me... ) I am interested to learn.

Don't go swimming.
My mind is a strange place.

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
deborah11565 wrote:I promise I will ask this artist to post something cute next week if you could be so kind as to vote this week..... please. Kinda like Wimpy's deal with the hamburgers... Lol ! Feel free to reply, I don't bite ( too hard ) !

I must say there are so many very nice and personnable folks out here......

pantilemon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pantilemon
j5 wrote:This could be a boots entry. I'm sure she would appreciate the humor.

+1

Haha! Thanks, j5. And as I dash off to make some dinner I wonder... "Am I a stereotype??"

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
deborah11565 wrote:I must say there are so many very nice and personnable folks out here......

LOL

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
cdrewlow wrote:I totally agree about the establishment part. Everyone that's won has won before. It would be nice to see a 1st time print or something out of the top 20 be chosen.

ps. You might want to double check Naolito's Tea Time.

eta: Sorry, orabbit, for having a totally different discussion in your thread...

It's cool. I'm all for conversation. You just confirmed me as a friend on Facebook, by the way.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Extra Tearestrial Cafe

So punny!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

demophoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demophoon
Re: The Opossum Cafe

The possum is so cute that I just want to cuddle it, even though I know it would probably just hiss and bite me.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Some Coffee With My Sugar V2!

Cuuute, what's the kanji say?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
photogrartist wrote:How did you do the faded effect? Did you erase those parts manually? Or was it a filter or something...I like it!

I use different brushes to fill in and erase over a layer mask in Photoshop. Have fun with it!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Mishvmd wrote:My inner nerd is drooling!

Mine too!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
qetza wrote:Great idea!

Thanks!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
bluetuba wrote:So punny!

Exactea!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: ChupaCabana

Well played! Well played! Fun design all around.

photogrartist

writermist wrote:With words -> http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65474/i-3-apples

Cool. What program did you use?

Don't go swimming.

kazmfire

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kazmfire
writermist wrote:Oh this is so cute

Thank you, so kind of you!

orabbit

Re: Miso Happy Time

I find the tagline borderline. You can't say it without affecting a bad Asian accent. Definitely makes me a bit squeamish.

However, props for avoiding a "Chinese" font. There was a discussion about this on the thread for Kevlar's chopstick shirt. I agree that fonts can be cultural shorthand for a certain stereotype, the way cartoons would have a snippet of "ethnic" music when a stereotype would enter.

The overall look is classy. The tagline is not.

orabbit

Re: The Kitchen!

I find it curious that you used the same fonts and layout as firefrogh's library shirts. Could this be an alter ego?

pantilemon

j5 wrote:Why is he giving me the finger?

Haha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought that.

pantilemon

orabbit wrote:I find it curious that you used the same fonts and layout as firefrogh's library shirts. Could this be an alter ego?

Conspiracy! OH! Maybe we're like shirtwoot dopplegangers. Sweet! Maybe that means I'll get in the fog someday. ;P

lisadanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisadanger
Re: Mushi

my favorite of the derby! good luck!

olliefelde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olliefelde
orabbit wrote:I find the tagline borderline. You can't say it without affecting a bad Asian accent. Definitely makes me a bit squeamish.

However, props for avoiding a "Chinese" font. There was a discussion about this on the thread for Kevlar's chopstick shirt. I agree that fonts can be cultural shorthand for a certain stereotype, the way cartoons would have a snippet of "ethnic" music when a stereotype would enter.

The overall look is classy. The tagline is not.

Thanks for your comment. Aside from the fact that "Chopstick" and some other novelty faces are just plain poorly designed, I can't stand them. I won't use a crayon-looking face for a kid-targeted audience either. I think it insults their intelligence.

As for classy? I'm pretty sure that is something never conjoined with ANY t-shirt design.

O

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Humble Pi

photogrartist wrote:I like it! How did you get the 3D perspective text? (If you don't mind telling me... ) I am interested to learn.

I did it in a somewhat wobbly way. It was created in Illustrator.
The text was typed and then the shape outlined using Type/Create Outline.
Duplicated the text and make it white beneath the black layer. Each letter was offset by eye at slightly skewy angles so it looks like it's popping out.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
oakenspirit wrote:Is Noah allowed?

They don't seem to have trouble with Noah, but if Jesus isn't allowed I'm not sure why Buddha would be.

It's a funny shirt & quite cute, I'm just curious.

orabbit

olliefelde wrote:Thanks for your comment. Aside from the fact that "Chopstick" and some other novelty faces are just plain poorly designed, I can't stand them. I won't use a crayon-looking face for a kid-targeted audience either. I think it insults their intelligence.

As for classy? I'm pretty sure that is something never conjoined with ANY t-shirt design.

O

My kid's teachers always send home letters in Comic Sans. They'd be better of with a crayon font. But the Papyrus subtitles in Avatar were the worst.

j5

Re: S & S Tavern

I shall offer a critique.
The cup looks pasted over the spilled drink, and doesn't look at all like it ever contained fluids.

move along

bigmaceater69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmaceater69
Nekkochan wrote:They don't seem to have trouble with Noah, but if Jesus isn't allowed I'm not sure why Buddha would be.

It's a funny shirt & quite cute, I'm just curious.

Is the Jesus thing an old rule? I have seen tons of religious stuff posted before. There was not anything in the rules. Well thanks, and I hope it's ok

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx

So hoping this prints and probably in for two.

j5

cdrewlow wrote:I totally agree about the establishment part. Everyone that's won has won before. It would be nice to see a 1st time print or something out of the top 20 be chosen.

See, it's mostly psychological. People vote for designers that have been vetted by the print process. The fastest path to that is to either work "pop" or get some dailies. Look at Rasabi or NoxandPye for examples. Great "hand," no love until they went "pop".

move along

pasayah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pasayah
gameon wrote:I love the concept of this, but perhaps the placement would be better a little higher.

agree

olliefelde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olliefelde
orabbit wrote:My kid's teachers always send home letters in Comic Sans. They'd be better of with a crayon font. But The Papyrus subtitles in Avatar were the worst.

True dat! There's a reason some faces are dirt cheap or given away. It's truly sad to know that someone actually got PAID serious money to do those titles too! It makes me sick.

O

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
demophoon wrote:The possum is so cute that I just want to cuddle it, even though I know it would probably just hiss and bite me.

Too cold-blooded for rabies, although the bites do hurt. I often have to rescue the adults from the local dogs and have a terrerium set up for rescuing babies that are too short to be on their own. They're almost as dumb as a box of rocks, but they're sooooo cute

majasmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majasmith

I'm a math teacher and I LOVE IT! I already want one. I'm going to be so sad if it doesn't win!!!

Re: Humble Pi

orabbit

Re: Dapper Dogs

I have a how'd ya do it question. The lines look like Illustrator, but how did you do that texture on the dog? Did you bring it into PS for coloring, or what?

versionj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages versionj
Re: Beer is universal language

Voting for this, I love my beer! If for some reason we can't buy this here, put it on another tee site PLEASE! Redbubble maybe?

photogrartist

runnerfrog13 wrote: I do, however, miss the original tagline you used, "feed your brain for free." Seemed to fit with the library theme better.

I agree. Maybe it hard to fit it with a big enough font size. Would "Free Brain Food" be an alternative?

Don't go swimming.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: ChupaCabana

When I saw the thumbnail, my reaction was 'Too bad Bass isn't the judge, she'd totally pick this design' ... ... oh ...

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
orabbit wrote:I have a how'd ya do it question. The lines look like Illustrator, but how did you do that texture on the dog? Did you bring it into PS for coloring, or what?

no, all in Illustrator. it's pretty easy. make an object roughly the shape of the area you want to shade and rasterize it, then go Effects/Brush Strokes/Spatter, then live trace it.

Brandiegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brandiegirl

I hear fava beans and a fine chianti go well with liver. Well done!

Re: Hannibal's Bistro