mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Miso Happy Time

There are actual restaurants with names similar to this:
Me So Hungry in Austin
Miso Hungry in Miami

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
bigmaceater69 wrote:Is the Jesus thing an old rule? I have seen tons of religious stuff posted before. There was not anything in the rules. Well thanks, and I hope it's ok

If it hasn't been rejected yet, pretty sure it's fine.

olliefelde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olliefelde
mjc613 wrote:There are actual restaurants with names similar to this:
Me So Hungry in Austin
Miso Hungry in Miami

True. There are two operations who are similar, according to the {indisputable} web.
"Me So Hungry" is a different, though similar name. I did not, however, know about it.

"Miso Hungry's" name is ambiguous. If you look at the design, it looks like "Miso Xungry." I didn't know about this one either, until it was pointed out above. I don't think, especially since neither has a "™" or "®" symbol next to their name, there is any conflict here.

O

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
photogrartist wrote:WHAT ON EARTH?! I didn't type that...I said any clues for this newbie...but spelled it with two zeros....weird that they changed it.

Woot has a lot of awesome and awesomely strange and frustrating replacement filters. :-)

Regarding notifications, I think deals.woot is the only site that sends out alerts. Unfortunately, you just have to keep checking back or browse the complete thread for each derby. I usually start with the last page and work backwards.

Also, another tip, your thumbnail is very important since that's how most people browse. Your first one wasn't very appealing and this one, thumbnail and design, is loads better. Good luck!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
leonryan wrote:no, all in Illustrator. it's pretty easy. make an object roughly the shape of the area you want to shade and rasterize it, then go Effects/Brush Strokes/Spatter, then live trace it.

That tip just changed my life a little bit. Love your lines. I've been playing with that engraving style, but yours looks so clean. Nice job!

shapelessclay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shapelessclay

Good design. Will pay money to own.

emberplastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emberplastik
versionj wrote:Voting for this, I love my beer! If for some reason we can't buy this here, put it on another tee site PLEASE! Redbubble maybe?

thank you so much glad you like it

olliefelde

olliefelde wrote:True. There are two operations who are similar, according to the {indisputable} web.
"Me So Hungry" is a different, though similar name. I did not, however, know about it.

"Miso Hungry's" name is ambiguous. If you look at the design, it looks like "Miso Xungry." I didn't know about this one either, until it was pointed out above. I don't think, especially since neither has a "™" or "®" symbol next to their name, there is any conflict here.

O

p.s. How have NEITHER of these businesses been protested relentlessly for their gross offensiveness?

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
Re: Cambrian Cafe

This is wonderful! I love the style and Cambrian goodness is always appreciated ^^!

Averages 10 votes per round ;)

olliefelde

You have to admit that this design WILL look better on a shirt, since it has no gradations and will weather the years of wear and washing.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
orabbit wrote:That tip just changed my life a little bit. Love your lines. I've been playing with that engraving style, but yours looks so clean. Nice job!

cheers, good luck!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Apple Store

You need to have a tee layout shown as well. Otherwise, it will be rejected (if they do another round--this late in the derby, things slip through)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

sunaness wrote:Cuuute, what's the kanji say?

It says "sickeningly sweet", or something to that effect, hehe.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
orabbit wrote:It's cool. I'm all for conversation. You just confirmed me as a friend on Facebook, by the way.

Yup! I recognized you by your glorious 'stache.

j5 wrote:See, it's mostly psychological. People vote for designers that have been vetted by the print process. The fastest path to that is to either work "pop" or get some dailies. Look at Rasabi or NoxandPye for examples. Great "hand," no love until they went "pop".

Hmm. Good point. I've noticed how the comments I get change from people liking my design to liking the reference when I go pop. Maybe it's time for a Darth Vader meets Dr. Who shirt...

Mavyn

Re: Fate

This is really well done.

However...it's totally off topic. Check out the rules and think about entering something that won't be rejected.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
Re: The Opossum Cafe

demophoon wrote:The possum is so cute that I just want to cuddle it, even though I know it would probably just hiss and bite me.

Yeah, I thought I would try for cute this time around. Glad you like it!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Miso Happy Time

What I want to know is, where is the shirt depicting the infamous Noodle-Barbecue Fusion restaurant?
(I'll wait for that one to click )

move along

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
photogrartist wrote:How did you do the disintegrating text effect? Was it a manual process...just basically what I see you drew in? I am interested in your style.

Yes, manual. I figured it would be good to have the text turning to ash (Chicxulub was the site of the big, dino-ending asteroid) so I cut into the text with the lasso in Photoshop and shifted it up, letter by letter. Then I added some flakes above it with the pencil. :^)

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
j5 wrote:I shall offer a critique.
The cup looks pasted over the spilled drink, and doesn't look at all like it ever contained fluids.

I do see the liquid issue, however, I don't see the plastic issue, the base shows substance, as with a glass. Move along ? Is that a signature or your tag ?

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: ChupaCabana

Still the best shirt in the derby. Pleeease, whoever, pick this one!

I need more adorable creatures paired with Tacos in my life.

wendypetro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wendypetro
Re: Yum Yum Kitty

ROFL!!! I LOVE this one!!!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Wine & Spirits (with text)

Some people were requesting that the tag line be on the shirt as well so I thought I'd go ahead and put this second version up. Hope you like it!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
michesco89 wrote:I totally agree! I love this design but I think the tag line really pulls it together and would look great on the shirt too.

Since that's the second request I've gotten on the thread I decided to put a second version WITH the tag line up for voting. Go support it here!

Mavyn

Re: Hannibal's Bistro

I think this would do better if there were a few more elements. I'm normally a fan of keeping thing simple, but the meat and beans don't have any context. A plate, napkin...just something to ground them instead of having the float within the text.
Having the base of the wine glass 'flat' messes with the plane perspective for the meat and beans.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: ChupaCabana

Thanks for all the comments and votes everyone! This was a lot of fun to make, and I've been sitting on this character for quite a while. Feels nice to shoot him out into the real world!

Thanks again!

akahi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akahi

Looking at this shirt reminds me of "Resturaunt at the edge of the Universe" :D hope it wins

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Re: Fate

This is gorgeous and I'd buy at least two of them, but I bet they reject it for being off topic, I hope you'll submit it as a daily!

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 32 Private Messages skispeakeasy
j5 wrote:Why is he giving me the finger?

The distance between a middle finger and a knife is about F9DAA2 - CECECE at The Pixel Cafe.

Done and done! ;)

salcedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salcedo
Re: PokeMen

How has this not been rejected yet? Just sayin'

slimjim0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slimjim0
Mavyn wrote:I think this would do better if there were a few more elements. I'm normally a fan of keeping thing simple, but the meat and beans don't have any context. A plate, napkin...just something to ground them instead of having the float within the text.
Having the base of the wine glass 'flat' messes with the plane perspective for the meat and beans.

Thanks for the advice, well received. I agree, I am new to the shirt derbies and CS6 so I struggle to get shirts posted in time. I wanted to add more, such as a plate and a place mat, but simply ran out of time.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
gendron wrote:wow i just got it. lol

Yeah this took me entirely too long to get. Hahaha funny because of the pun, also funny because it took so long to catch. "What do letters have to do with outer space...!!"

Good show.

elfprincess2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfprincess2012
Re:I really like this one I'd buy it. Fate

elfprincess2012

Re:Very Cute. I like this one as well. Intergalactic Maid Cafe

j5

Re: Hillbilly Griller

"scrape"

move along

j5

deborah11565 wrote:I do see the liquid issue, however, I don't see the plastic issue, the base shows substance, as with a glass. Move along ? Is that a signature or your tag ?

Hmm, not sure where the notion of plastic came from (eta: Oh! Because I said "cup"). I was saying the glass, as an object, looked as if it were pasted over the picture of the fluid as opposed to being drawn as a cohesive whole.

"Move along" is in my signature. Seems to fit most of my posts .
I'm not sure how other people get theirs to be all shadowy and stuff.
eta2: Hey! look! My sig is now all shadowy and stuff.

move along

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates
jonathanluu2 wrote:Yeah this took me entirely too long to get. Hahaha funny because of the pun, also funny because it took so long to catch. "What do letters have to do with outer space...!!"

Good show.

LOL!
I wasn't trying to make it really tricky. The configuration is already there, I just took what already existed and imagined it slightly differently...
I think/hope all us cubicle warriors could appreciate it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Mavyn wrote:This is really well done.

However...it's totally off topic. Check out the rules and think about entering something that won't be rejected.

I agree, it is very pretty.

I'm just hanging out, really.

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Hillbilly Griller

You have a typo. You need to put an "e" on the end of "scrap" to make it scrape.

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
mpcondo wrote:A) The steak is a slab of meat from a vegan, who was grass-fed, because vegans eat nothing but grass and weird vegetable stuff

... which imbues them with crazy telekinetic powers

elfprincess2012

Re:I really like this one he is super cute! Plus tacos bonus! ChupaCabana