runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
ellegee wrote:This is gorgeous and I'd buy at least two of them, but I bet they reject it for being off topic, I hope you'll submit it as a daily!

Yeah, not even a tangent here. I'd recommend it for a daily too, except that it's clearly for Disney's movie Brave, and I'm not sure Woot would be able to print it due to copyright characters and such

runnerfrog13

Re: Cambrian Cafe

Wow this is really well done! Especially for a latecomer! I hope you get picked by the guest judge

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Schrodinger's Lunchbox (corrected text)

Go! I love all things Schrodinger. Once you put it on, are you alive or...

runnerfrog13

bigmaceater69 wrote:Is the Jesus thing an old rule? I have seen tons of religious stuff posted before. There was not anything in the rules. Well thanks, and I hope it's ok

It's not officially spelled out in the derby rules or submission page, but it's been cited for rejection in the past. I suggest reading here http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963 for a list of the "Unofficial Rules" and there's a handy pictogram at the bottom under "miscellaneous"

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
WarholBot wrote:lol those are sesame seeds

That may be, but it looks like acne! Ew-w-w-w!

runnerfrog13

Thogek wrote:
Or, just back out of the explicit "PI" references and say that "OUR PIES ARE SQUARED." I think people'll still get it.

That's a good solution, I like it the best. Though using the PI symbol would be my second choice, despite losing the subtlety of the gag.

I also agree about the angle of the square pie is a little awkward feeling, but can't put my finger on which angle it would be better at, probably something more harmonious with the slanted bar of the logo.

That compass in the background is beautiful! I'd wear a shirt with that on it all by itself

runnerfrog13

dawnao wrote:yes, because unicorns are always in the food chain

As are dragons, Bigfoot, and dinosaurs...
(c'mon, really? nobody complains about zombies being in the food chain...)

I think it would have been fun to somehow have it in "order" but I'm not sure it would have had the same visual appeal at all (just not enough thing, especially for the herbivores, you couldn't put more than one next to each other). I think you did a good job alternating the big and little animals

runnerfrog13

emberplastik wrote:thanks man, i'm newbie here, if my design got rejected can I submit another one?

Yes, you can technically submit as many designs per derby as you want, as long as they follow the derby theme and rules. Though many people don't because they don't want to split their votes (for instance if it's variations on a single idea). If it's rejected, you can rework the design to address the rejection (depending on the reason) and re-submit.

Since you're new, check out this thread - it's got a whole bunch of tips and "unofficial rules" which will help you out a bunch! Welcome to shirt.woot

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Fate

"Imaginary Restaurant" means you have to imagine your own restaurant and draw it, not draw anything you want and then imagine there is a restaurant there. :P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

emberplastik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emberplastik
runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes, you can technically submit as many designs per derby as you want, as long as they follow the derby theme and rules. Though many people don't because they don't want to split their votes (for instance if it's variations on a single idea). If it's rejected, you can rework the design to address the rejection (depending on the reason) and re-submit.

Since you're new, check out this thread - it's got a whole bunch of tips and "unofficial rules" which will help you out a bunch! Welcome to shirt.woot

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

cool thread! a lot of information in one place, thanks..

kikiiru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kikiiru
Re: LHC Café

I would love to have this!! Go science!!

kikiiru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kikiiru

Love this! Will buy!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: ChupaCabana

Is that goat meat?

Cool design!

bonwater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonwater
Mishvmd wrote:My inner nerd is drooling!

All things Collider Rule!
Nice job, Let's make this one happen!

24 Woots and Growin..... Boss Woot, Boss.

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight

I'd totally wear this everywhere, but it seems a pretty substantial pop culture reference to the Fallout series of games.

Smitelight

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Smitelight
Re: LHC Café

I have to voice in as well that the fading effect is stellar, and I love the design.

blkh2bio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blkh2bio
Re: PokeMen

Although this shirt may not make it, I want this shirt to be printed somewhere. The design is a little too awesome.

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: Noah's Grill

Rainbow, schmainbow. It's time us regular dudes took it back.

knitkimberknit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knitkimberknit
Re: Food Chain V.2

Another Great design Waz!!! I need a Braiiins shirt

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
j5 wrote:Hmm, not sure where the notion of plastic came from (eta: Oh! Because I said "cup"). I was saying the glass, as an object, looked as if it were pasted over the picture of the fluid as opposed to being drawn as a cohesive whole.

"Move along" is in my signature.

Seems to fit most of my posts .
I'm not sure how other people get theirs to be all shadowy and stuff.
eta2: Hey! look! My sig is now all shadowy and stuff.

Ah... I see how I miss read it this morning, before coffee, lol. The original design did not include the spilled drink and he didn't wanted it to be rejected for text only. The drink was added before the derby opened.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
runnerfrog13 wrote:Yeah, not even a tangent here. I'd recommend it for a daily too, except that it's clearly for Disney's movie Brave, and I'm not sure Woot would be able to print it due to copyright characters and such

I didn't even think of Brave when I saw this. I think woot could sell it

writermist

photogrartist wrote:Cool. What program did you use?

photoshop and illustrator

writermist

Mavyn wrote:You need to have a tee layout shown as well. Otherwise, it will be rejected (if they do another round--this late in the derby, things slip through)

Thanks for the heads up but it's too late now to enter.

akahi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akahi

:P here's hoping it wins :D

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower

Ooooh, this is great! I love it!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
omarfeliciano wrote:Is that goat meat?

Cool design!

It is a cabrito taco! I have yet to eat cabrito...I wonder if it tastes like chicken.

Stercrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stercrazy
bassanimation wrote:It is a cabrito taco! I have yet to eat cabrito...I wonder if it tastes like chicken.

Nope. It tastes like goat.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Stercrazy wrote:Nope. It tastes like goat.

+1 for this.

For those who haven't eaten goat, it's close to lamb, but gamier (goatier?).

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

bassanimation

j5 wrote:+1 for this.

For those who haven't eaten goat, it's close to lamb, but gamier (goatier?).

Yerk! Im not a fan of lamb, so I probably wouldnt like goat. I dont like most odd meats :\. Then again, I do like chicken nuggets...dont get much more odd than those things...

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist

Even if this were on topic [which it isn't], this would violate the "No Pop Culture Riffs" rule.

It is beautifully done, but it would also present a pretty major copyright issue.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink

"Imaginary Restaurant" is the topic for this weeks derby. That means you have to imagine your own restaurant and design a tee design about your "Imaginary restaurant". While this is lovely I'm not seeing it as fitting the Imaginary Restaurant theme...unless the creatures are going to eat the girl but that is a stretch for a restaurant theme.

If I could make a suggestion...You could submit this design as a regular daily submission which is different than the derby.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
bassanimation wrote:Yerk! Im not a fan of lamb, so I probably wouldnt like goat. I dont like most odd meats :\. Then again, I do like chicken nuggets...dont get much more odd than those things...

Yeah, but are those really meat?

mythostian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mythostian
Re: Apple Store

I'm strongly reminded of some pictures by Dark Natasha, but there's enough difference that it could just be coincidence.

http://darknatasha.com/animals/images/greed.jpg
http://darknatasha.com/animals/images/charity.jpg

http://darknatasha.com/#

bassanimation

cdrewlow wrote:Yeah, but are those really meat?

They are technically meat?

oxjox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oxjox
Re: Dapper Dogs

There's a hot dog cart here in Philly called The Dapper Dog. Yours is smashingly more dapper. WTG

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Hillbilly Griller

Also, if your shirt is going to be white, woot says your thumbnail dwg has to be white as well.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

fire gradient?

black, white, brown, yellow, blue, red = 6 colours; are flesh and light brown two more? they don't appear halftoned.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Also, you're limited to six ink colors. You currently have more than that.

canneryrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canneryrat
edgrrrzzmom wrote:You have a typo. You need to put an "e" on the end of "scrap" to make it scrape.

Thanks for tell me, I'll fix that now.