writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
mythostian wrote:I'm strongly reminded of some pictures by Dark Natasha, but there's enough difference that it could just be coincidence.

http://darknatasha.com/animals/images/greed.jpg
http://darknatasha.com/animals/images/charity.jpg

http://darknatasha.com/#

*checks out links*
O_o... um... yeah... a BIG difference. She's talented as hell. Thanks for the links. This work is incredibly. C: I'm gonna enjoy going through that gallery

canneryrat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canneryrat
Re: Hillbilly Griller

Thanks everyone for letting me know about the problems with my entry. Unfortunately submissions are closed so I couldn't resubmit my design. This is my first attempt, so I now know better for the next time.

lisagd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisagd
psychofarm wrote:...if it were not grammatically incorrect.

That sounds like something my brother would say!

squishit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squishit
Re: Wine & Spirits (with text)

I love it And intend to buy one as soon as woot starts selling a womens small...

sadiered

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sadiered
Re: LHC Café

I realllllyyyy hope that this one makes it through to print. It's definitely my favorite of the bunch.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
cdrewlow wrote:Yeah, but are those really meat?

Depends where you get them.

Also, I heard Walmazan had a soft spot for el chupacabra designs.

move along

thewronggrape

quality posts: 44 Private Messages thewronggrape
squishit wrote:I love it And intend to buy one as soon as woot starts selling a womens small...

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you misspoke, but Woot has offered a women's small since the very beginning.

j5

thewronggrape wrote:Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you misspoke, but Woot has offered a women's small since the very beginning.

It's a commentary on the fact that Anvil's are sized larger than AA, and thus don't fit smaller frames.

move along

orabbit

quality posts: 28 Private Messages orabbit
j5 wrote:+1 for this.

For those who haven't eaten goat, it's close to lamb, but gamier (goatier?).

The goat I've had is quite delicious. I didn't find it to be gamey or goaty. It's poised as the new healthy meat (low in the bad, high in the good), but I think Americans are a little too weirded out to start eat goat en masse.

leonryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages leonryan
oxjox wrote:There's a hot dog cart here in Philly called The Dapper Dog. Yours is smashingly more dapper. WTG

is there really? i guess it makes sense that all the good names are taken in a country with so many hotdog joints. we don't have any in australia.

j5

orabbit wrote:The goat I've had is quite delicious. I didn't find it to be gamey or goaty. It's poised as the new healthy meat (low in the bad, high in the good), but I think Americans are a little too weirded out to start eat goat en masse.

Goat is part of my culture. I stopped eating it long ago. Americans will eat it if you call it Chiva, Capretto, Katsiki, or something equally foreign. I do love me some lamb, though.

move along

Forrest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Forrest
Re: Mushi

Does nobody else find it funny that mushi in Japanese translates to insect? lol

I know they were going for a mcdonald's golden M here, but I wonder if the insect part was intentional.

olliefelde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olliefelde
j5 wrote:What I want to know is, where is the shirt depicting the infamous Noodle-Barbecue Fusion restaurant?
(I'll wait for that one to click )

COME ON!!! Late night Wooters! VOTE FOR MY DESIGN!

It's really good, has sound design AND coloring. Surely, if you have integrity as a designer, artist or human, you must recognize this.

PLEASE VOTE FOR MY DESIGN!!!

O

bassanimation

quality posts: 97 Private Messages bassanimation
orabbit wrote:The goat I've had is quite delicious. I didn't find it to be gamey or goaty. It's poised as the new healthy meat (low in the bad, high in the good), but I think Americans are a little too weirded out to start eat goat en masse.

Theres a great central Mexican restaurant here that i think serves goat. I rarely get to go there cause its super fancy. We also have a place that specializes in weird meats. You can get a whole plate of strange critter! Needless to say, not vegetarian friendly ^^;.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: The Flame

nice drawing, cool style

arienb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arienb
olliefelde wrote:COME ON!!! Late night Wooters! VOTE FOR MY DESIGN!

It's really good, has sound design AND coloring. Surely, if you have integrity as a designer, artist or human, you must recognize this.

O

Must recognize eh? At least you said please...

No rudeness intended, most people let the work speak for itself. Are you asking nicely to cajole those of us without the integrity to recognize the merit of the product? (I'm hoping the comment was facetious, but in the case that is wasn't...modesty looks good on most.)

AngelSilhouette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AngelSilhouette
Re: OctoRok Cafe

No pop culture? Then why all of the zombie shirts? Zombies are close to the top of the pops, now. Don't be hypocritical, woot.

auldzalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auldzalt
Re: Snake Head Eating The Head On The Opposite Side

Do you feature Gummi Wyrm Orobourus on the menu, and is old one-eye still managing?

cherylfrancis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylfrancis
orabbit wrote:I try to avoid pop culture in general when designing, but it's tough as an artist. There's such a thing as "too original". People don't vote for style or content that's too far outside the established comfort zone. Look at someone like cherylfrancis who turns out amazing art and gets very few votes.

I apologize if I've offended the theme purists with my lowbrow pandering. I don't want to get a reputation. I don't mean that sarcastically. I used to be a theme purist until I saw winning shirts tangentially related to the theme win week after week. It's frustrating to have had a few designs fog, and not be able to reproduce that success. So I'm in a "spaghetti" phase. Throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

/whiny tirade

Thank you thank youuuuuuuuu!!

cherylfrancis

Re: Fang's Diner

LOVING this!

cherylfrancis

Re: Tiks Coffee House

Some amazing work there!! LOVE!!

cherylfrancis

Re: Zombieni's bistro

Aaaaauughh!! The worms!! LOVE!!

cherylfrancis

Re: Snake Head Eating The Head On The Opposite Side

LOVE the look! I've always liked the woodcut/scratchboard stuff. Nice work!

jlpagan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlpagan

Uhhh, just to educate my fellow American brothers. But, chupa cabra is originally a legend from Puerto Rico. Tacos are a MEXICAN dish. I know, some of you are saying, "what's the effin difference ?!". You are as ignorant as the day is long. That's like saying there's no difference between an American and the British, or French, or German. I still like the design.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
jlpagan wrote:Uhhh, just to educate my fellow American brothers. But, chupa cabra is originally a legend from Puerto Rico. Tacos are a MEXICAN dish. I know, some of you are saying, "what's the effin difference ?!". You are as ignorant as the day is long. That's like saying there's no difference between an American and the British, or French, or German. I still like the design.

Dude, no. Whether it originated in Puerto Rico or not, Chupacabra sightings are reported all over the Americas.

j5

VenusAD wrote:Dude, no. Whether it originated in Puerto Rico or not, Chupacabra sightings are reported all over the Americas.

^^This.
Santa Claus has Dutch origins, nobody is butthurt over that.

Also, checkit, this entry is cryptozoologically correct:

About.com wrote:On May 2, a report came from the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas: a six-year-old pet goat was found dead with the unmistakable puncture wounds of chupacabras. On that same day, the creature appeared further south in Juarez, Mexico, where it preyed on dogs and other small mammals. More witnesses verified chupacabras' description: the row of spikes or feather-like projections running down its spine; the way it stands upright on three-toed feet with its forearms suspended at chest level, not unlike a kangaroo; its large sometimes glowing eyes.

The next day, May 3, in northern Mexico, the village of Calderon is terrorized by a giant "bat-like" creature that feasted on the blood of several goats. Like a scene out of Frankenstein, farmers formed vigilante groups to try and stop the monster, but without success. Throughout May, reports came in from all over Mexico where chupacabras left dead cows, sheep, and rams in its bloody wake.

Also 2: This makes me giggle like a little girl.

move along

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
j5 wrote:"scrape"

+1

fail.

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
truffleshuffle wrote:Some people were requesting that the tag line be on the shirt as well so I thought I'd go ahead and put this second version up. Hope you like it!

Thanks, Truffle! I voted for both, and will buy whichever one prints. Unfortunately, I doubt this one will be able to catch the original's momentum. Still, I appreciate the effort!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Can't wait to see which top selling shirts, like the english muffin or the radish, will win this week! Can barely contain my excitement, nail biting!

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
Spiritgreen wrote:Goat tacos?

Yes it's a thing.

jlc40

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jlc40
Re: Nice to Meat You

GMV for the Vegan line. Om nom nom.

bassanimation

j5 wrote:Also 2: This makes me giggle like a little girl.

I loooved this shirt!! The little goat and chupas are so great. I might should have gone with that look too, but I liked the more fuzzy, 'bat-like' concepts people had come up with. Im just a sucker for fuzzy things, I admit ~_~. (ironic considering the real "chupacabra" is thought to be a hairless coyote?)

Thanks again everyone for supporting the chupalicious ChupaCabana! May his suck-ulant tacos live on in our hearts and minds!

BrainFreeze

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrainFreeze
dawnao wrote:"The Dingo ate my baby" IS pop culture. They have spoofed that on every comedy. Most memorable is Seinfeld. It is not inappropriate. Get a grip people!

Absolutely. Seinfeld did it and that should be everyone moral compass. Of course the entire show was about a group of narcissistic jackasses but if that's who you want to be by all means vote it up.

I've always found it interesting that there are people that think there is a moratorium on a tragedy. Ok, it's been x amount of time lets make fun of those people now. HAHAHA funny.

Next up an auschwitz bed and breakfast t shirt.

bassanimation

Re: The Opossum Cafe

Kept meaning to come in here and say how much I love this! Very clever and well put together! Plus I love Possums...I find them to be ridiculously adorable, teeth and all. ^_^ Great work!

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
BrainFreeze wrote:Absolutely. Seinfeld did it and that should be everyone moral compass. Of course the entire show was about a group of narcissistic jackasses but if that's who you want to be by all means vote it up.

I've always found it interesting that there are people that think there is a moratorium on a tragedy. Ok, it's been x amount of time lets make fun of those people now. HAHAHA funny.

Next up an auschwitz bed and breakfast t shirt.

All I can say is...WOW.

dawnao

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dawnao
olliefelde wrote:COME ON!!! Late night Wooters! VOTE FOR MY DESIGN!

O

arienb wrote:Must recognize eh? At least you said please...

No rudeness intended, most people let the work speak for itself. Are you asking nicely to cajole those of us without the integrity to recognize the merit of the product? (I'm hoping the comment was facetious, but in the case that is wasn't...modesty looks good on most.)

I don't see anything wrong with asking people to look at your design and vote if they like it. Politicians spend billions asking for your vote. Go for it!

orabbit

cherylfrancis wrote:LOVE the look! I've always liked the woodcut/scratchboard stuff. Nice work!

Thanks! Good old pen and ink.

orabbit

j5 wrote:Goat is part of my culture. I stopped eating it long ago. Americans will eat it if you call it Chiva, Capretto, Katsiki, or something equally foreign. I do love me some lamb, though.

What culture is that?

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Chateau Arteria

Awesome artwork!

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
bassanimation wrote:Kept meaning to come in here and say how much I love this! Very clever and well put together! Plus I love Possums...I find them to be ridiculously adorable, teeth and all. ^_^ Great work!

Thank you very much! I think they are cuter than people give them credit for.