bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Crunchy Meal

- WAITER! What is a Mothra doing in my soup?

- The backstroke, Sir.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: BARium the bar with the PHD

Either I don't get it, or it's a Pop Culture refernce.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

bounty42 wrote:... therapy with Legolas...
zekecatz wrote:How do I get an appointment?

You just give my therapist a ring....

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Kyshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyshak
bounty42 wrote:Either I don't get it, or it's a Pop Culture refernce.

well barium is a element....aaaand normally people that deal with elements have PHDs...therefore...

no matter where ever you go...there you are. - Buckaroo Bonzai

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
bounty42 wrote:You just give my therapist a ring....

Oh no you didn't!

sjpersing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjpersing
Re: The Elemental Eatery

I love it! I'm going to start a collection of all the designs based on the Periodic Table.

Navy is ok. A lighter (even a little) color (not green or white) would be better.

~~Sj

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Underwater Restaurant

This makes me think of those Brazilian places, with the people wandering around carrying spears of meat to slice off. Every time I've gone to one, I've seen someone slice their own finger...and carry on serving. Gag.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bounty42

Kyshak wrote:well barium is a element....aaaand normally people that deal with elements have PHDs...therefore...

Eureka is a TV show on SyFy about about a town in OR, filled with geniuses who break reality. Even the local diner is ran PhD (in Molecular Gastronomy).

But that seems a strech, there might be a more relevent link.

Mavyn

IbeMoDean wrote:I actually created the design yesterday before seeing the talk of cannibals. My first entry! : )

My mind tends to go to strange places when I come up with creative ideas. I'm working through it in therapy with Legos.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a "Jesus Juice Bar" entry...

Religious references draw the wrath of Thor. Or a big banhammer, anyway.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
sjpersing wrote:Funny, funny. Good art work. Any chance for a putting it on a color? Any color (except white). I have a drawer full of black.

It's actually Navy. I'll see about reworking for another color after a while. I have some errands to run right now though.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart
Re: Fuego de la Muerte

Doesn't looks that way in the jpg, but the background is halftoned. Even if the comment doesn't allow me to paste any images

bounty42

omarfeliciano wrote:Oh no you didn't!

Sorry, I guess you won't be seeing him then?

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart
Re: Fuego de la Muerte (New Text)

Doesn't looks that way in the jpg, but the background is halftoned. Even if the comment doesn't allow me to paste any images

IbeMoDean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IbeMoDean
bounty42 wrote:Wierd. I guess it's the NAME that they had an issue with. Celeberty likeness?

Maybe ... since I only got a "No" as the reason, I suppose it's possible.

Tho I only used a last name... I don't think it's fair to assume everyone with the last name "Dahmer" is a cannibal from Milwaukee. I bet there are some very nice Dahmers out there, just trying to make a living.

And if it's considered "pop culture," wouldn't the Kraken and Noah be rejected too?

Or if it's offensive, the zombie with brains on the plate is OK? Because brains on a plate is much better than a loose meat sandwich... I guess in France. Hehe.

"C'est la vie" as the brains-eating French would say.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Kyshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kyshak
bounty42 wrote:Eureka is a TV show on SyFy about about a town in OR, filled with geniuses who break reality. Even the local diner is ran PhD (in Molecular Gastronomy).

But that seems a strech, there might be a more relevent link.

i am aware of the TV show, which is the tiny nod to it by using just the name of the town, but it also works for the theme of the derby.

no matter where ever you go...there you are. - Buckaroo Bonzai

bounty42

IbeMoDean wrote:Maybe ... since I only got a "No" as the reason, I suppose it's possible.

Tho I only used a last name... I don't think it's fair to assume everyone with the last name "Dahmer" is a cannibal from Milwaukee. I bet there are some very nice Dahmers out there, just trying to make a living. ...

Pretty much where I'd arrived at. Though to be fair, none of the nice Dahmers ever did family dinner at Jeff's place.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Late Night Snack

Love this. Nice job on the distressing!

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon
Re: The Space Bar

Hahahaha! This is great.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM
Re: Rowdy's Roadkill BBQ

"From your grille to ours" is a hilarious touch!

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD
Re: Nice to Meat You

"New Waiters (Please stop eating them)"

I laughed uncomfortably loud at that. Brilliant.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Fang's Diner

ITS A COOKBOOK!

sheepdawg81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheepdawg81

I think this would be an awesome apron! There are even a couple of friends who I'd want to give this apron.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Haha!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Late Night Snack

CMOT Dibbler's contemporary?

move along

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

I might buy it if K = Banana Pudding or Potato or something that doesn't start with K (like it does on the actual table)

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984

I knew we could count on you for a sciency based sub!

sheenachu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheenachu
Re: Narwhal Noshery

I know some folks might not be fans of yellow, so I've added a second version on cream
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/65328/narwhal-noshery-v2

mapinto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mapinto
sjpersing wrote:Re: Salmon Ella
Funny! Simple, but well done. I'd love to see it on a color - any color - I'm maxed out on black shirts.

Thanks! It's not black, but close. Asphalt is the shirt color.

bounty42

Re: Leftovers Cafe

ok, I think this is a first. Has anyone ever removed the potty humor from a design and resubmitted it?

Mavyn

j5 wrote:CMOT Dibbler's contemporary?

There's one in every city...

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
Re: Galaxy Bar and Grill

Mmm... Astronomy and food. Two of my favorite things together!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

j5

Re: Dingo Daryl's BBQ Shack

I think it's fine.
News isn't pop culture, it's reality (hahahahah! well, it's supposed to be)

move along

j5

Brill!

move along

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Wine & Spirits

I think of this every time I walk past a liquor store, haha. Hope you enjoy!

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon
Re: Schrodinger's Lunchbox

I love the concept of this, but perhaps the placement would be better a little higher.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
dbenton25 wrote:Mmm... Astronomy and food. Two of my favorite things together!

:D Awesome Good stuff!
Now if I can get it into the fog!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

asteriskadonis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asteriskadonis
Re: Pizza Buddha

This is a little similar to an existing t-shirt design sold by the Northern Sun catalog with the joke: "What did the Buddha say to the hot dog vendor? Make me one with everything." Just sayin'.

mclzerbe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mclzerbe

My favorite by far - subtle and well executed. Good job! However, I have to add my objection to the color. It's still too close to black, and I think several other colors would compliment the design nicely.