Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Wine & Spirits

Lovely work! +1

fmfbrestel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fmfbrestel
Re: Rowdy's Roadkill BBQ

There actually exists a Randy's Roadkill BBQ. And while he doesnt use the "from your grille to ours" slogan, the Roadkill Cafe does.

It takes some nitpicking to claim this is an imaginary restaurant. Just saying.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Fuego de la Muerte (New Text)

Cool art and much better text! :^)

(you can remove the 1st version by clicking the red X next to it)

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
Re: Big Smokey's Medieval BBQ

This is a revamp of an older submission I did. It is definitely different in color and overall composition. 6 colors on cranberry - a very tasty color.

antijorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antijorge

Sorry about the image. I followed their directions and it looks horrible. I resubmitted. Not sure if that's allowed or not. The other one looks better

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
fmfbrestel wrote:There actually exists a Randy's Roadkill BBQ. And while he doesnt use the "from your grille to ours" slogan, the Roadkill Cafe does.

It takes some nitpicking to claim this is an imaginary restaurant. Just saying.

Links or it didn't happen!

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

dougjenn1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougjenn1980
Re: The Flame

Great illustration, and perfect font choice. I may buy my first ever red shirt!

llamassassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llamassassin
Re: The Pet Chop

Keeping it simple this week. Who needs puppy chow when you can have puppy chowder?

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
llamassassin wrote:Keeping it simple this week. Who needs puppy chow when you can have puppy chowder?

Is it just me or does this puppy look more like a koala?

freshmutton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages freshmutton

This is great! Of all the shirts so far, this one feels like it could be an actual restaurant.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Wine & Spirits

I really like this though I don't really see a restaurant...

edgrrrzzmom

WarholBot wrote:Who wouldn't want to eat at a restaurant where the mascot was a cat burger thing? Most people I assume....

Especially when the can looks like it has acne.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
AdderXYU wrote:ITS A COOKBOOK!

hahah! maybe when Fang gets a Food Network show, he'll write a cookbook.

I like this shirt. it matches the theme, is wearable by anyone, and has a good joke.

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
Re: Late Night Snack

Haha... Every city has at least one of these joints.

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

edgrrrzzmom

pennyflip wrote:What a sweet opossum, i must have it!/opossumcloseup1.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]

If you were from Texas, this would be an armadillo...and I'd snap it up in a minute.

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
jessisima wrote:This is a revamp of an older submission I did. It is definitely different in color and overall composition. 6 colors on cranberry - a very tasty color.

I remember this! I'm glad you resubmitted it for this derby. Dragons are natural chefs

antijorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antijorge
Re: Hand-made Food Cafe

There are so many great entries. You guys are talented. Congratulations on your fantastic entries. They are all so clever.

WarholBot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WarholBot
edgrrrzzmom wrote:Especially when the can looks like it has acne.

lol those are sesame seeds

Jessara

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Jessara
Re: Food Chain Cafe

Who knew unicorns were carnivorous? I'd always suspected there was a reason they had the sharp horn; now the truth comes out. Quibble: the dragon should be sleeping, b/c I'd heard the saying as 'Never bother a sleeping dragon...'

pure5152

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pure5152
Re: Noah's Sandwiches

it looks nice and I like it a lot, but it just seems a bit desaturated. the colors just don't "pop" for me. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but just an observation

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart
Re: Fuego de la Muerte

Now this are the halftones.

mightyrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightyrain
edgrrrzzmom wrote:If you were from Texas, this would be an armadillo...and I'd snap it up in a minute.

you know sometimes we do get dillos way up here in Nebraska! Very rare, but they have been spotted... most likely stow aways on a big rig.

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart

Now this are the halftones.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
ArdillaCiega wrote:I might buy it if K = Banana Pudding or Potato or something that doesn't start with K (like it does on the actual table)

I had so many different options for many of the elements. It was so hard to pick! Thanks for the feedback.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Noah's Sandwiches

What color shirt is this? And does it use the woot template?

I agree with others that the washed-out effect detracts from the design and I'd prefer that it wasn't as washed out, but overall, it's a nice design and I'd hate to see it Rejectionated next week, losing all its votes, for shirt color/template use.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

fishbiscuit5

sheepdawg81 wrote:I think this would be an awesome apron! There are even a couple of friends who I'd want to give this apron.

I love the apron idea!

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
Re: IF ...THEN... JAVA!

I like the concept but think it would work better with:

if (sleep < 4hrs) {
Java cup image
}

But its hard to use code in a design effectively ^^.

Averages 10 votes per round ;)

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25
Re: Chip Off the Old Block

LOL - Raisin' Hell!

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

fishbiscuit5

sjpersing wrote:I love it! I'm going to start a collection of all the designs based on the Periodic Table.

Navy is ok. A lighter (even a little) color (not green or white) would be better.

This would have looked great in a number of ink/tee color combinations. I liked the way it popped white on navy without being on a black tee. It's so hard to choose tee colors because somebody always dislikes the color you choose. I hope everyone likes this combination and as always, huge thanks for the votes and support.

neuropsychosocial

Re: Library Diner

Firefrogh, I really like this and I deeply appreciate the reference to books/libraries - GMV for that alone (although there's plenty of other things that I like about it!). However, I feel like the white tagline over the light blue arrow is a little difficult to read - they kinda blend together, so I had to concentrate to parse the text. I hate to make critical comments once entries have opened, but I fear the difficulty reading the text will have a negative impact on votes and/or sales; I wonder if it might stand out more if the arrow were a darker blue?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

It sure is! I chose zzz because it was shorter and it seemed funnier.

I agree there are many ways to achieve this joke, but I ran this by reddit first to see if they thought it was funny, and they did/do so far, so I just went ahead and submitted.

inu14 wrote:I like the concept but think it would work better with:

if (sleep < 4hrs) {
Java cup image
}

But its hard to use code in a design effectively ^^.

growgreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages growgreen
Re: The Elemental Eatery

So close to text only...

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
bounty42 wrote:Links or it didn't happen!

http://www.randysroadkillbbq.com/

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:I love the irony in the artist's handle.

Your post actually made me click through to find out the artist's handle. Ha!

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
nathanwpyle wrote:It sure is! I chose zzz because it was shorter and it seemed funnier.

I agree there are many ways to achieve this joke, but I ran this by reddit first to see if they thought it was funny, and they did/do so far, so I just went ahead and submitted.

sorry! I meant to put zzz instead of sleep (my brain switched)! It's a nice design, ^^. I suppose it's just my like of curly brackets.

Averages 10 votes per round ;)

nathanwpyle

Re: Byte bistro

I would so eat here!
+1

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
cdrewlow wrote:http://www.randysroadkillbbq.com/

That's Randy's not Rowdy's. Totally different Icon too.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
autsey wrote:I remember this! I'm glad you resubmitted it for this derby. Dragons are natural chefs

Thanks. Yeah, it seemed perfectly suited, and a good exercise in redesigning an idea. I think this version is much better suited to a shirt. I'm glad you like it.

nathanwpyle

inu14 wrote:sorry! I meant to put zzz instead of sleep (my brain switched)! It's a nice design, ^^. I suppose it's just my like of curly brackets.

Haha glad to know zzz worked. Thank you for the kind words. I truly love those curly brackets too, wonderful shapes they are

bigmaceater69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmaceater69
asteriskadonis wrote:This is a little similar to an existing t-shirt design sold by the Northern Sun catalog with the joke: "What did the Buddha say to the hot dog vendor? Make me one with everything." Just sayin'.

I figured I would get a comment like this, but since its a fairly well known joke i'm using there were bound to be similar shirts out there.